SEQ & NSW rain / flooding thread

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I had a bunch of things to do this weekend that will just have to wait.
Went for a drive yesterday, bit of flash flooding on the south side of Brissy.
Ive emptied atleast half a metre of water out of the pool last 24 hours, over it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
All I know is that too much is better than too little.

With that said...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a bunch of things to do this weekend that will just have to wait.
Went for a drive yesterday, bit of flash flooding on the south side of Brissy.
Ive emptied atleast half a metre of water out of the pool last 24 hours, over it.
The previous owners of my place drilled a hole in the concrete wall/fence next to the pool to allow the overflow to go straight into the gutter in the side alley (i live on a corner block). I suspect that one day their backyard got flooded, leading to the innovative solution.

We had about 250mm yesterday. Not completely insane for this time year, but in the 9 years i've lived here, i've just never seen it rain just so consistently for so long, with no end in sight. Roads are closed around my neighbourhood as well, with a car about a km away submerged under water as the owner obviously was not able to judge the depth of the water. Unfortunately an SES volunteer died yesterday.

Last weekend i said to a mate: "hey come around next Saturday. Bring the kids of a swim and we can play some pool and drink a few beers". Well the swimming part won't be happening, and as for the pool table (under my gazebo). So it looks like just beers:

pool.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Classic track. One of my go to karaoke songs just cause the chorus is so damn catchy you can't help but belt it out.
LOL. it was the first song to come on this morning when i decided to listen to my favourite Spotify station - Oz Rock Classics. Just don't tell the Kiwis.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i also have a carport half built, which i'm looking at and getting concerned if all this rain is fucking up any of it. All the building materials to finish the job are half submerged next to the house.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the rain.. welcome to my world of constant darkness…So f&$k you all and stop complaining!! Third World problems indeed..:rage:

ps..sorry..but it’s better than a drought..but some sunshine would be nice every now and then! :kissingheart:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i also have a carport half built, which i'm looking at and getting concerned if all this rain is fucking up any of it. All the building materials to finish the job are half submerged next to the house.
Bummer. I hope your materials aren't timber.
I think its actually easing up a bit.
It will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of days, the Logan river for axample doesnt usually peak for a day or 2 after the rain stops.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bummer. I hope your materials aren't timber.
I think its actually easing up a bit.
It will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of days, the Logan river for example doesn't usually peak for a day or 2 after the rain stops.
Yes, its mostly treated timber. I have now discovered a couple of cracked downpipes which are causing a bit of water damage. Problem is its not as if i can do anything about it bow, or for the next few days.

Kedron Brook is very close to my house. Normally a tiny stream, its now choc a block, but not threatening to break top of the floodway just yet.

44a7b67f-8b3a-4ec8-b5e0-ddde9149c823.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the rain.. welcome to my world of constant darkness…So f&$k you all and stop complaining!! Third World problems indeed..:rage:

ps..sorry..but it’s better than a drought..but some sunshine would be nice every now and then! :kissingheart:
Well, flooding isn't exactly great either, as those who were in Brisbane in 2011 i'm sure can attest to. Lets say we're getting a bit more than scattered showers here at the moment.

Difference between what happening now in SEQ and in 2011 was the dams weren't full at the beginning of this deluge. Plus a lot was learned from last time re water management etc. There's also a lot of localised flooding though :grinning:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, its mostly treated timber. I have now discovered a couple of cracked downpipes which are causing a bit of water damage. Problem is its not as if i can do anything about it bow, or for the next few days.

Kedron Brook is very close to my house. Normally a tiny stream, its now choc a block, but not threatening to break top of the floodway just yet.

View attachment 41450
jeez, thats alot water.
I see Gympie got smashed.
Gympie, I wonder if thats an aboriginal name or some sicko named it that lol

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, flooding isn't exactly great either, as those who were in Brisbane in 2011 i'm sure can attest to. Lets say we're getting a bit more than scattered showers here at the moment.

Difference between what happening now in SEQ and in 2011 was the dams weren't full at the beginning of this deluge. Plus a lot was learned from last time re water management etc. There's also a lot of localised flooding though :grinning:
I apologise CD..I was truly only joking.. I hope everything works out good for you.. We have definitely had too much rain..I hope it stops soon..beats me how India handles the monsoon season..and Bangladesh when it receives all the run off..

edit: I edited this @CroydonDog

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else fucking sick of it?

I understand you're also getting a bit in Sydney?

Yep, sick of it. Copped it real bad at home Thursday night. Backyard, stand-alone garage out back would of been 100mm under water. Steady rain again today but nothing like Thursday. We have a stormwater drain up road. Was at the very top, never seen it close in my 10 years living here. If it went over I’d say my street would of been in big trouble.