Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
WOW just WOW!! After all the things that happened whilst he was at Souths, that were, as a lot would say, 'brushed under the carpet' we now have this which might just set the record straight.......

We all remember the infamous pics and the unfortunate demise of his marriage after the media circus that then tried to make a feel good story out of his reconciliation with his wife and also the allegations by his father in law and all the bad blood there....Here it all is in black and white. If the situation is as written then there are many who bear the shame of what could only be described as a cover up of Olympic proportions...from club, family and Doctors. Remember the way the father in law was painted in relation to the police obtaining an AVO on Sam and the way Souths leapt to his defence.?
His wife should have come clean then and there but I can completely understand that if it was a bad as indicated the safety of her kids would have been paramount. I wonder what her thoughts on how the club would react were? I remember reading at the time that she actually pleaded with them not to sack him.....

It will be interesting to see what happens but if it is true and the cover up was on back then, it makes an absolute farce of the way Souths were given break after break with this bloke. And as late as last week to still hear that he may consider a comeback to the game after his miraculous recovery from his career ending injury...
Yes and remember the bagging the poor father got. Some tore shreds off the guy.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Farout, that's extremely short compared to what other sites are showing.
Well, they aren't the ones who have conducted a 4 month investigation. other outlets aren't going to just copy and paste the Australian article.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well, they aren't the ones who have conducted a 4 month investigation. other outlets aren't going to just copy and paste the Australian article.
Also, as with any genuine investigation by media in Australia, the threat of defamation is a real possibility. The decision makers at the Aus have had the time to review the investigation and decide to back it. Everyone else will be very careful what they say, until such time as they can establish enough facts for themselves to be confident in the face of possible defamation suits.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I couldn't believe that Burgess got nothing for sending unsolicited dick pics to some random chick, when Elliott got into big trouble for showing his butt, which wouldn't have been seen by anyone who cared, if it wasn't for a stalker journo. So I'm glad to see some karma doing its job.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crazy laws. Just wrong. The protector gets charged and the perp walks free.

I have a story too but I get too upset re-telling it.
I feel you brother, I was the same couldn’t talk about it without feeling burnt by the System. unfortunately that’s the Society we live in.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Grenburg may have alot to answer for as well.
Seems like he covered for Barba and Bargearse as well as GI, Toddy has a thing for the domestic abusers and drug addicts I guess.

Karma will come for him, he's as fucked in sports admin as Bargearse is in the NRL.

Bit of schadenfreude from me probably, but good to see some bastards get what they deserve.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like he covered for Barba and Bargearse as well as GI, Toddy has a thing for the domestic abusers and drug addicts I guess.

Karma will come for him, he's as fucked in sports admin as Bargearse is in the NRL.

Bit of schadenfreude from me probably, but good to see some bastards get what they deserve.
Don't forget the red carpet he rolled out for Matt Lodge!

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Forgot he signed off on the Lodge debacle too.

Here he is licking Sams boots just before he retired for some reason, he would have been aware of all this at the time I assume. Can't help but note how he stresses the "on the field" comments, the rat bastard:

"He's been an ornament to the NRL in the way that he carries himself on the field," Greenberg said while announcing the 2020 NRL draw on Tuesday.
"I know he's got himself into some trouble occasionally with judiciary and match reviews, but he's the sort of player people want to watch.
"He's the sort of player I like to watch. I find him an unbelievable competitor on the field so I hope to see him back. I don't know what his future holds but I hope he's back playing rugby league again next year.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sky news saying Burgess has stood himself down from his Souths coaching job he knows he's fucked. His lawyers tried to denied it this morning but good job done by the Austalian to even get proof of the script written out by the Souths doctor to the father in law.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
FMD we are officially off the radar now !!! if half of this is true that sick c*** needs to go down hard
Na the media is still talking about us even through the comments on social media are all asking about Souths LOL.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His poor wife having to put up with that dickhead. 6 e's at the same time wtf he is lucky he didn't drop dead. That doctor needs to go down also he should of called an ambulance straight away.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this doesnt lead people to realise the "favouritism" towards Souths has existed n continues to exist nothing will. Vlandys saying no action until the facts are borne out - just like the situation with DeBelin.
This goes way beyond a single incident involving one or two people - its been ongoing and involving a number of people.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Greenburg was a joke and should never have another job in sports admin. Can not stand his BS
He is a slimy fucker living up to his people's stereotype.