Sam Burgess MEGATHREAD

Saint Fishy

Previously gareth fishwick
Reaction score
Does anyone agree that the timing is a bit shady?? Eve of the play offs. It doesn’t make Souths look very good. I bet plenty clubs have covered up shit over the years. Just saying.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'd be a pretty scary individual in a drug induced rage. But I know where you're coming from. I don't have kids, but recently my sister told me about an abusive former partner. It's probably a good thing that I didn't know where he lived as I was seeing red. Another of my sisters had a boyfriend punch her to the ground and lay a kick into her stomach during a NYE drinking session. They were about a hundred metres behind me and a mate at the time. He heard me yell and ran like a fucking cheetah. Never caught the turd due to a brief stop to check on my sister. But I was going to kill him if I did. He had about three hundred metres start on me and I chased him for about 500m before realising I wasn't going to catch him and that my sisters condition was more concerning at the time.

But it makes my blood boil seeing domestic abuse.
Sorry to hear about your sisters.

and tbh If i was in that situation and witnessed it I don’t think I would’ve hesitated for a second even if he was in a scary drug induced rage. my adrenaline from witnessing him act like a possessed demon would lead me to Fucken clubber him with anything to knock him the fuck out and I honestly wouldn’t think twice about it.

I’ve actually had a similar situation in the cross many years back next to show girls in front of the McDonald’s this drug raged drunk off his head absolute lunatic pull his cock out and started pissing in the Maccas window while people was eating, and he started harassing people and going mad he was walking towards me and screaming and acting erratically and my first instinct was to act quickly and I hit him so Fucken hard he dropped like an absolute bag of shit and I swear I don’t know where this punch came from he fell to the ground and we was in a scuffle the bounces from showgirls came and pulled me off him in a matter of seconds cops was everywhere, and no I’m not talking myself up bro, but in situations like that and the situation phoebe was in, if that was my daughter idk what was gonna happen to me I’d end up killing the **** if it meant I was gonna keep
My daughter and my granddaughter safe.

Ps also that shit that happen in the cross I was charged with assault. And he was remanded in custody while he went to hospital and was discharged without even a fine.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn. Sorry to hear that your family had to endure such relationships. It's honestly so saddening hearing how regular this occurs in society.

Haven't seen or experienced domestic abuse first hand, so I can't really speak from experience. However, just the thought of it makes my blood boil.

I think we should join forces with Assassin and get those ex-boyfriends from your sisters. YOu have their addresses? ;)
With the first sister it was mainly mental abuse, and him destroying a crapload of her treasured posessions. But he also set up a hidden camera in the bathroom and was showing her showering to his friends. I've tried finding where he lives with no luck. And thanks for the offer of help. But trust me, I wouldn't need it. The second guy left town a week later. My sister pleaded on his behalf to let the police handle it as she didn't want me to ruin my life with what I wanted to do with him. This guy is about a foot taller than me and had punched me in the jaw earlier. I laughed at him and said try it again and I'll show you how a man throws a punch. Didn't see him again until we left the pub a few hours later at about 2.30. Not talking myself up. I'm not terribly tall, but I'm built like a brick shithouse and did enough martial arts in my teens to know how to do damage. I mostly did the martial arts to learn to control my temper. Worked pretty well for the most part. Was in plenty of fights at school but not so many when it could give me a criminal record.

Sorry to hear about your sisters.

and tbh If i was in that situation and witnessed it I don’t think I would’ve hesitated for a second even if he was in a scary drug induced rage. my adrenaline from witnessing him act like a possessed demon would lead me to Fucken clubber him with anything to knock him the fuck out and I honestly wouldn’t think twice about it.

I’ve actually had a similar situation in the cross many years back next to show girls in front of the McDonald’s this drug raged drunk off his head absolute lunatic pull his cock out and started pissing in the Maccas window while people was eating, and he started harassing people and going mad he was walking towards me and screaming and acting erratically and my first instinct was to act quickly and I hit him so Fucken hard he dropped like an absolute bag of shit and I swear I don’t know where this punch came from he fell to the ground and we was in a scuffle the bounces from showgirls came and pulled me off him in a matter of seconds cops was everywhere, and no I’m not talking myself up bro, but in situations like that and the situation phoebe was in, if that was my daughter idk what was gonna happen to me I’d end up killing the c*** if it meant I was gonna keep
My daughter and my granddaughter safe.

Ps also that shit that happen in the cross I was charged with assault. And he was remanded in custody while he went to hospital and was discharged without even a fine.
Sucks that you copped an assault charge for your actions. These days it's almost worth copping the first punch to stay on the right side of the law. But a lot of fights only actually take one punch to be over.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the first sister it was mainly mental abuse, and him destroying a crapload of her treasured posessions. But he also set up a hidden camera in the bathroom and was showing her showering to his friends. I've tried finding where he lives with no luck. And thanks for the offer of help. But trust me, I wouldn't need it. The second guy left town a week later. My sister pleaded on his behalf to let the police handle it as she didn't want me to ruin my life with what I wanted to do with him. This guy is about a foot taller than me and had punched me in the jaw earlier. I laughed at him and said try it again and I'll show you how a man throws a punch. Didn't see him again until we left the pub a few hours later at about 2.30. Not talking myself up. I'm not terribly tall, but I'm built like a brick shithouse and did enough martial arts in my teens to know how to do damage. I mostly did the martial arts to learn to control my temper. Worked pretty well for the most part. Was in plenty of fights at school but not so many when it could give me a criminal record.

Sucks that you copped an assault charge for your actions. These days it's almost worth copping the first punch to stay on the right side of the law. But a lot of fights only actually take one punch to be over.
Remind me not to fuck with you ... PLEASE

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths will just deny till they die and the story will be forgotten soon enough.

This **** was always a grub on field and clearly carried over to his personal life.

I bet the NRL won't even chime into the story since he's not an active player anymore.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh shit. Absolute scum.

Timing of this is odd, just after flogging the Roosters and just before finals

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting little back story to that pic. The old guy was the last to ring that bell at a lol@souffs game and this event was promoted as him being the first to ring it again after that shit club got back into the com. But ole Russ couldn't let the spotlight fall on another so he rang the bell, then handed it to old man whatever.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Massive if true but also not surprising. Souths are scum and burgess has always had that untouchable vibe about him. Send them back to the cellars

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely the "chief medical officer" or "Doctor" will be deregistered too for his role in the cover-up.

Souths chief medical officer Andrew McDonald treated Burgess during a drug-fuelled episode on November 6, 2018, and injected him with liquid tranquilliser — but wrote the prescription in another person’s name, according to pharmacy records obtained by The Australian.

In the wake of this incident, Burgess underwent a secret drug test with a different doctor on November 7, 2018, in the underground car park of South Sydney Juniors club, where he allegedly tested positive for MDMA and ketamine.

1601587034486.png

The drug tests were allegedly recorded under a fake name, according to sworn statements provided to NSW Police.

Dr McDonald was present — along with a nurse recommended by the club and another Rabbitohs player — when Burgess allegedly assaulted a heavily pregnant Phoebe Burgess in November 2018. “I don’t have any comment at this stage,” Dr McDonald said in response to questions submitted by The Australian.

Officials at the highest levels of the club were also notified about Burgess’s use of drugs in the months prior to his promotion to club captain in April 2019.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What are the odds the nrl says he is no longer a player. So it’s an issue for the courts and him. And wipe their hands clean?

To be honest was a known grub on and off the field. All of the brothers as a matter of fact. Have heard some stories..... not only are they loose but they are actually disgusting humans.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wish it was Manly

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah sucks alright tell me about it. But hope your sisters are with better partners now who cherish them mate.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah. I hate Souths more. I mean, I hate every fucking team apart from the Dogs but Souths are at the top of my hate list.

Hope they burn for this but ... they won't.
They’ll just get a fine and warning. I get why people hate Souths but I can’t hate Souths with family members who played for them. Manly on the other hand... haha

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They’ll just get a fine and warning. I get why people hate Souths but I can’t hate Souths with family members who played for them. Manly on the other hand... haha
Even if they're family mate. Dead to me if they support or even play for a rival team. I won't even look at them in the street. My son is homeless because he started supporting Manchester United FFS.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if they're family mate. Dead to me if they support or even play for a rival team. I won't even look at them in the street. My son is homeless because he started supporting Manchester United FFS.
Hahaha love it mate