Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mr I
You are good at collating data

Do a mock up salary 2018/19/20 of our current roster (plus Graham and Kasiano), should be able to figure this shit out at least gives us an idea haha

If our cap situation was such in dire straits would Dib not have been happy to lose the election
Dib desperately wanted to hold on so his shambolic salary cap mess was not uncovered it seems. Shame on all of them...including Dr George who surely must/should have known.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll say again, the salary cap auditors have issues accessing the extent of players pay based on the fact that they're taking 4 years plus to find some breaches. It would be a gross breach from whoever manages our salary cap if Massoud has any information about our salary cap situation. Was this dated April 1?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true, that's a big IF then any player of contract must be let go at the end of the season and Pay will have to try and develop some ISP players, you cannot spend what you don't have and players who are on good money then Pay needs to put a rocket up them and if they don't perform and give 100% drop them to reserve of the ISP, also give them hell at training and if they don't like it tell them to quit then, I never thought the Bulldogs would ever get into this situation and whoever were the kenneler's who said it's going to take up to 5 years to fix this club you must have esp, applause.
We haven't hit rock bottom yet but were f'ing close, can't see us getting any higher than 14th on the table this season.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol ok we are sweet bro. No issues at all we will go on a huge buying spree and have plenty of room in the cap because we aren’t resigning Eastwood and Morris.

I mean the lack of intelligence in this place is staggering.

Let’s see what happens. I bet we don’t sign anyone for next year
If I understand you correctly you don't have anything, just an opinion. Nothing wrong with that but just say so. Sometimes even stupid people can smell bullshit when they step in it. Who we sign or don't sign for next year has no impact on whether someone has evidence of things this year. Causation and correlation are not the same thing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But wouldn't that be like saying "It's not our fault the past administration bought a shit team"

I'd say it wouldn't go down well with the players we have now.
How did it go down at Newy? Everyone praised Brown. All the players aimed up for him and laid a platform for him to build on with his off season recruitment for this season. In any event it has little to do with whether or not the players we have are rubbish it's about the fact that if we have blown the cap we aren't in a position to go forward to adapt to the changes in the game. Almost all of the players on big bucks are getting to the end of their careers so they know they won't be getting another big pay day and Mbye is going gangbusters.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Again 14 players off contract and 800k available due to players still on existing contracts being backloaded. It’s not that hard
I understand what was written.
I'm saying it's total BULLSHIT!!!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If this is true, that's a big IF then any player of contract must be let go at the end of the season and Pay will have to try and develop some ISP players, you cannot spend what you don't have and players who are on good money then Pay needs to put a rocket up them and if they don't perform and give 100% drop them to reserve of the ISP, also give them hell at training and if they don't like it tell them to quit then, I never thought the Bulldogs would ever get into this situation and whoever were the kenneler's who said it's going to take up to 5 years to fix this club you must have esp, applause.
We haven't hit rock bottom yet but were f'ing close, can't see us getting any higher than 14th on the table this season.
The whole thread is based on a lie.
All these so called "massively back ended contracts" have to be registered with the NRL.
The minimum wage in the NRL this year is $100,000.
14 x $100,000 can't fit under $800,000.
The whole thing is total fucking bullshit.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it's true!! if you think our problems will end up by seasons end then think again. I'll just say one thing , we will get worse before we will get better.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't panic! 2 premierships by 2019 remember??

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the most important comment in that article "’The figure I’ve heard" ... so no fact, just based on something someones passed him over.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...nst-new-zealand-warriors-20180314-h0xhou.html
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/05/aidan-sezer-focused-on-securing-new-deal-with-canberra-raiders/

Hypothetical... if Hasler was still at the club, would he (and Castle and Co) allow the situation to get as grim as that?? I don't think so.
Brother it's true I've heard the same thing ages ago.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys woods contract and forans contract are earning double of what they should be on and I heard the have back end deals as well. As I said before like weeks ago we need at least 2 years of this shit to recover from.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll say again, the salary cap auditors have issues accessing the extent of players pay based on the fact that they're taking 4 years plus to find some breaches. It would be a gross breach from whoever manages our salary cap if Massoud has any information about our salary cap situation. Was this dated April 1?
I ask you ... How did the bulldogs get busted last time with the cap??
The answer = Disgruntled ex-employees
What do we have atm in abundance??
The answer = a $h!tload of Disgruntled ex-employees..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only disgruntled employee would be Des. The Board aren't employees and are liable to prosecution if it is found they have acted outside their legal remit. Everyone else either has a job with us or has moved onto bigger and better things and it was 14 years ago for goodness sake.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
800k to fit 10 players, if true, the old board , Castle , Dib and Hasler should not have a job in the NRL again, in fact if i was the current Dogs board i would call a media conference and explain our position and call out those morons that are responsible, Castle is week she is bowing down to a coach who is in a lower position than her, rubbish CEO if you ask me, same with Dib, their resume should read. " NO IDEA HOW TO RUN A ADMINISTRATION".

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Either way, if anything of this is true and I were the Board I would be having a press conference or members meeting and let everyone know the results of where we stand so Des, Dib and Rae Rae can be held to member and fan scrutiny and hopefully get rid of them from the background and shadows for once and for all. Also wouldn't be giving Des shite and would look at counter suing him for setting the team/club on a course to salary cap cheating and ruin.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wasn't an employee of the club. It was a property developer involved with the Oasis development who reported that a TPA for Anasta had been arranged through the Oasis deal. It was deemed to not be far enough removed from the club arranging the deal and sparked a larger investigation. Former employees wouold be under confidentiality clauses in regards to things like this and I'm sure the club is wise enough to monitor who knows what regarding our salary cap dealings and limit the number of people with that knowledge. Look at how Brisbane escaped an investigation by removing Webb (from memory) from his role within the club and enforcing his confidentiality clause. I think you are giving the media far too much credit for being honest.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the issue.
Des had a plan.
Des was big on maths and stats and what not and would no doubt have had a complex system of fitting it all in, like a master accountant of some sort.

Now we have punted him, two faced him with out warning, and since he was the one with the master plan, we cant figure our way out of the maze.

Thats why its always hard to come in mid stream to 'repair things'

Imagine going to watch a movie like inception or memento halfway through the movie and trying to figure out whats going on.

Its doable but we made it hard.

Bring back Des in a consultancy role. We are paying him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.