Salary Cap Mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The dire predicament we are in right now is all due to his ineptitude. Honestly, how can you not see that? It is an absolute disgrace what that egotistical prick did to our club and the fact people are making apologies for him.....even wanting him back in some cases, does my head in. He fucked this club over and one or two years at the helm and he may have well and truly fucked us for good.

Blaming a coach and board that has been in charge for a little more than 5 minutes is ridiculous.
Thats what he does every chance he gets. I can tell you the situation is not good. Lots of backended deals beyond 2018. Des screwed this club. When he arrived we had come off 3 grand final wins in reserve grade and the 20s were competitive. Reserves are just starting to be competitive last 2 years but 20s have been poor. Dib and co allowed it to happen.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Which players are on huge back ended contracts then? Klemmer?
Hoppa? Tolman?So what are they on min wage right now?

Just doesn’t add up

We lose J and B Moz 700k each apparently, Eastwood 800k, Kasiano and Graham, then smaller contracts like Frawley say 300k, already lost Grub

The cap went up...

Don’t we do TPA?

Fkn shambles
Im hearing Mbye backended. Dont know about Hoppa.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If you contacted Massoud and told him you're a transgendered reptilian King from the Lizard planet Xargos he'd probably believe you and want the scoop as well.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Current boards fault
How’s it the current boards fault,you meathead,they’ve been there 6 wks,all those deals were done under the old board,including those 2 great players,elliot&fualalo,2 year extensions,maybe you should follow dib out of this club,you must be braindead to come up with a comment like that

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How’s it the current boards fault,you meathead,they’ve been there 6 wks,all those deals were done under the old board,including those 2 great players,elliot&fualalo,2 year extensions,maybe you should follow dib out of this club,you must be braindead to come up with a comment like that
Obviously unlike the other 12 people who found it funny your intellect can’t detect sarcasm or you can’t read my other comments . Whose brain dead?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously unlike the other 12 people who found it funny your intellect can’t detect sarcasm or you can’t read my other comments . Whose brain dead?
I’ve read a few of your comments,you like something one minute you hate it the next,you suit yourself,no substance just like you.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve read a few of your comments,you like something one minute you hate it the next,you suit yourself,no substance just like you.
You can’t read I do nothing but bag Dib and Hasler , everyone else got it but you . Says it all

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember him saying that on 360 I think it was and it wasn't what he was talking about. He was talking about why they couldn't get players this year not next.
How do you know he was repeating an answer from weeks ago?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wasn't an employee of the club. It was a property developer involved with the Oasis development who reported that a TPA for Anasta had been arranged through the Oasis deal. It was deemed to not be far enough removed from the club arranging the deal and sparked a larger investigation. Former employees wouold be under confidentiality clauses in regards to things like this and I'm sure the club is wise enough to monitor who knows what regarding our salary cap dealings and limit the number of people with that knowledge. Look at how Brisbane escaped an investigation by removing Webb (from memory) from his role within the club and enforcing his confidentiality clause. I think you are giving the media far too much credit for being honest.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/fae0dc2b14e8c88adcb0c70ea90150a9

Former Brisbane operations chief Andrew Gee, who resigned in May, was being investigated by Broncos Leagues over the six-figure void.

But despite months of forensic financial investigations, NRL auditors could not trace the missing money to the accounts of Broncos players.

Gee refused to assist with the NRL probe and was not compelled to because he had resigned as a Broncos employee.

The 25-year club legend, who quit when The Courier-Mail exposed the cap investigation, has since repaid the money and resigned a director of Broncos Leagues, which is still being investigated by ASIC over the scandal.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So he knows exactly what everyone else is earning? Have the players been told the exact situation?

Our club has become a shambles if the information is correct.
I doubt he knows how much everyone is earning but if there is a problem surely they would have had a meeting about it saying not to expect many signings over the next year or so.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt he knows how much everyone is earning but if there is a problem surely they would have had a meeting about it saying not to expect many signings over the next year or so.
You would expect so and I wonder if that may be part of our problem. Could there be a bit of resentment I wonder or is it a matter of acceptance that we will be a while yet in the wilderness?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Total nonsense we have many players off contract.. depending who we let go we can create more space..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would expect so and I wonder if that may be part of our problem. Could there be a bit of resentment I wonder or is it a matter of acceptance that we will be a while yet in the wilderness?
It just depends if players have been told they are being shopped around that could create a bit of tension. Only the Morris brothers and Eastwood are the big names off contract and they have been looked after very well for a long time so they couldn’t be that upset if they don’t get re-signed. I guess time will tell unless the club comes out with something.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It just depends if players have been told they are being shopped around that could create a bit of tension. Only the Morris brothers and Eastwood are the big names off contract and they have been looked after very well for a long time so they couldn’t be that upset if they don’t get re-signed. I guess time will tell unless the club comes out with something.
Lachlan Burr, Tom Carr, Mason Cerruto, Josh Cleeland, Greg Eastwood, Asipeli Fine, Matt Frawley, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Rhyse Martin, Brett Morris, Josh Morris, Clay Priest, Zac Woolford

Looking at the above list, not many have been with us for a great length of time ( other than those you mentioned) and for the better part not many of the others had what you would call stellar careers at their previous clubs. Basically look like players signed as a bit of depth for Intrust.

Status
Not open for further replies.