Salary Cap Mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This article is utter crap.

Just running your eye over his first point that 14 players are off contract and there is only $800,000 available.

Given there is a minimum salary for NRL players not possible to fit 14 players on only minimum salary into $800,000.

And given all these back ended contracts have to be registered with the NRL, don't you think the NRL would have raised the issue?

Again just goes to show how fucked the NRL salary cap & TPA system is, fucking hopeless and corrupt. That fuckwitt journalists like Massound can write these stories with impunity because there is no transparency in the NRL system.

I have said it before with no draft in the NRL they should adopted a system like major league baseball with full disclosure and have a small equalization tax limit and get the clubs completely out of TPAs.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
he's a muckraker trying to drum up more negative publicity for the club folks....nothing more....don't dignify his bullshit with the assumption of truth.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alot of Good Publicity this week for the Cowboys, they had to come up with some shit to say bad about us.
Happens few weeks doesnt it, depending on who we play.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can anyone know what our cap situation is ?
We have 5 major players coming off contract (2 with other clubs). our cap situation will be dependent on wether we re-sign any of them.
There’s money there, if we have a good enough reason to spend it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mr I, the theory I heard mentioned once about Hasler and backended deals is this....and it makes sense.

What he does is he buys players and puts them on backended deals and essentially inflates the cap from 8mil to 10mil but over time, at the end of the time period the club is over the cap and in trouble. What he wants to do is buy a team that he cannot afford under the cap in the hope that they win a premiership before the end period and when it all blows up. If he can do this no-one cares because they have won a premiership and meh on being in trouble for a few years. Now the question is, does he or did he plan to stay at the club for the fallout. History shows that at Manly he didn't. Done his plan, won a trophy then jumped ship like 1 week after (odd timing isn't it) when the backended deals part came into affect and fuked the club for about 3-4 years.

IMO that is what he tried with us again BUT he didn't win a GF and he bought shit players, we are now getting fuked. All he cares about is the stats of GF's on his record and $$$ not what he does to a club long term............he is a virus in it's purest form!

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This article is utter crap.

Just running your eye over his first point that 14 players are off contract and there is only $800,000 available.

Given there is a minimum salary for NRL players not possible to fit 14 players on only minimum salary into $800,000.

And given all these back ended contracts have to be registered with the NRL, don't you think the NRL would have raised the issue?

Again just goes to show how fucked the NRL salary cap & TPA system is, fucking hopeless and corrupt. That fuckwitt journalists like Massound can write these stories with impunity because there is no transparency in the NRL system.

I have said it before with no draft in the NRL they should adopted a system like major league baseball with full disclosure and have a small equalization tax limit and get the clubs completely out of TPAs.
Again 14 players off contract and 800k available due to players still on existing contracts being backloaded. It’s not that hard

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fold til 2020. Start over. Manly had too

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do we know whether Foran and Woods' contracts are backended too?

I don't know why the NRL have ever allowed backending contracts. Being able to field a team well over the cap in a given season goes against the whole point of the cap in the first place.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We dont "Need" anyone thats off Contract this year anyway really. If we dont resign anyone 800K, if we do it wont be many.
Im sure 800K could find us a decent Centre/Winger to fill in for the Morris boys.
We can cover it, just wont be a GF anyiem soon.As long as we stat playing some decent footy.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You don’t understand how basic maths work.
You just think Oh we don’t sign Morris and Eastwood we have 2 mil. Incorrect. Think of all the other players that are contracted on back ended deals
If that were the case, it’d impossibe to re-sign them ? I doubt that.
There’s no way, the remaining ratchet clauses in the club would total 50% of graham and Kasiano’s wage and 100% of Morris, Morris and Eastwood’s.
Don’t believe the media bullshit.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve indicated this in many posts.

We are fucked. Honestly fucked. If anyone thinks we are a chance of making the finals before 2020 I suggest going to sleep for 24 months and save the pain.

Masoud is right. Anderson and Pay need to front the media and describe the mess Castle Dibb and Hasler left the club in.

In the meantime we just have to cop it and release players to other clubs. If we have to pay them part of the deal so be it. Get the juniors in and rebuild from scratch.
OK, so how do you know more than Massoud? It's all good and well to post time and again about how bad things are and then rely on those same posts to support your argument but really you aren't doing anything different to him. When Brown took over Newy he told the world he didn't have any cash and that it would take a few years so it's not as though there isn't a precedent for disclosing things. So why wouldn't the club do it, particularly given we have a new board and new coach in place? Maybe it's because it simply isn't true. In fact it would be in their best interests to come out and say we are shot ducks. It could only make them look better - but they aren't are they........

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I
If that were the case, it’d impossibe to re-sign them ? I doubt that.
There’s no way, the remaining ratchet clauses in the club would total 50% of graham and Kasiano’s wage and 100% of Morris, Morris and Eastwood’s.
Don’t believe the media bullshit.
If it is true we won’t be re signing them all! We will soon see the truth

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I

Not really. Perhaps Pay doesn't want them going forward anyway and is looking at other options. If they don't get re-signed and we only sign marginal replacements on low wages then maybe there is something in it but even then they maybe saving money for players coming onto the market in 2020.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dire predicament we are in right now is all due to his ineptitude. Honestly, how can you not see that? It is an absolute disgrace what that egotistical prick did to our club and the fact people are making apologies for him.....even wanting him back in some cases, does my head in. He fucked this club over and one or two years at the helm and he may have well and truly fucked us for good.

Blaming a coach and board that has been in charge for a little more than 5 minutes is ridiculous.
Nasheed a few days ago had Des as our savior. And the next in line by the archibishop to announce Des as our next saint.
Now I read this!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I

If what he’s claiming is true, we won’t be able to re-sign or sign anyone.
Highly unlikely.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nasheed a few days ago had Des as our savior. And the next in line by the archibishop to announce Des as our next saint.
Now I read this!!
nasheed is a troll .....100 percent....it's the serious people who want Des back that really leave me scratching my head! haha....worst idea ever!

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, so how do you know more than Massoud? It's all good and well to post time and again about how bad things are and then rely on those same posts to support your argument but really you aren't doing anything different to him. When Brown took over Newy he told the world he didn't have any cash and that it would take a few years so it's not as though there isn't a precedent for disclosing things. So why wouldn't the club do it, particularly given we have a new board and new coach in place? Maybe it's because it simply isn't true. In fact it would be in their best interests to come out and say we are shot ducks. It could only make them look better - but they aren't are they........
But wouldn't that be like saying "It's not our fault the past administration bought a shit team"

I'd say it wouldn't go down well with the players we have now.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we start shopping Woods now as well as not re-signing Eastwood, Morris Bros. Also lets look to offload Tolman and hope some of the rookies come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.