Salary Cap Mega thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is the issue.
Des had a plan.
Des was big on maths and stats and what not and would no doubt have had a complex system of fitting it all in, like a master accountant of some sort.

Now we have punted him, two faced him with out warning, and since he was the one with the master plan, we cant figure our way out of the maze.

Thats why its always hard to come in mid stream to 'repair things'

Imagine going to watch a movie like inception or memento halfway through the movie and trying to figure out whats going on.

Its doable but we made it hard.

Bring back Des in a consultancy role. We are paying him anyway.
Like he did at Manly when they back doored him....ohhh wait no he backdoored them. Guess he didn't email them his master plan back then too because he is such a fuking genius. He's a master fukwit and nothing more!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It wasn't an employee of the club. It was a property developer involved with the Oasis development who reported that a TPA for Anasta had been arranged through the Oasis deal. It was deemed to not be far enough removed from the club arranging the deal and sparked a larger investigation. Former employees wouold be under confidentiality clauses in regards to things like this and I'm sure the club is wise enough to monitor who knows what regarding our salary cap dealings and limit the number of people with that knowledge. Look at how Brisbane escaped an investigation by removing Webb (from memory) from his role within the club and enforcing his confidentiality clause. I think you are giving the media far too much credit for being honest.
Andrew Gee quit and wouldn't answer questions. They waited a couple of years and then he was back in the fold. NRL did nothing, weak as piss and typical Bronco cover up.

WestDAWG

New Pup
Reaction score
The whole article and pursuit of Sezer seems to ignore that we have already signed Jack Cogger from next season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only disgruntled employee would be Des. The Board aren't employees and are liable to prosecution if it is found they have acted outside their legal remit. Everyone else either has a job with us or has moved onto bigger and better things and it was 14 years ago for goodness sake.
Emotions will make men do the stupidest of things

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Least one positive is that this would surely have to be the last nail in Des's Coaching career any club looking at him now would stay well clear after the way he has left Manly and us.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wasn't an employee of the club. It was a property developer involved with the Oasis development who reported that a TPA for Anasta had been arranged through the Oasis deal. It was deemed to not be far enough removed from the club arranging the deal and sparked a larger investigation. Former employees wouold be under confidentiality clauses in regards to things like this and I'm sure the club is wise enough to monitor who knows what regarding our salary cap dealings and limit the number of people with that knowledge. Look at how Brisbane escaped an investigation by removing Webb (from memory) from his role within the club and enforcing his confidentiality clause. I think you are giving the media far too much credit for being honest.
It was Andrew G with Brisbane and I'm not saying that this has for certain happened but what I am saying is it's definitely plausible. I certainly don't know the truth and I bet you no one on this forum actually does.. Whether it is an ex employee or an ex associate of the club it's the same thing give or take

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's misreporting twisting and over exaggerating the facts.
According to my reliable source,
We will shed J & B Morris and Eastwood and free up approximately $ 2.3 ml,
But the back ended payments to Klemmer, Jackson and I think Mbye will leaves us with only $ 800k to spent on new players to replace the above three
It could be a good omen and a chance to blood new young talents.
All is needed is for the players to pull their fingers out and play for each other the fans and the club...
Remember at seasons ends of 1978, 1989, 1995 we lost almost our entire first grade squads but it didn't stop us instantly rebuilding and wining premierships with a lot lesser rosters than what we will have next season.
The Question is...DO they HAVE the same PRIDE IN SELF AND JERSEY ???
I LIKE TO THINK THEY DO !!!
OTHERWISE WE ARE ALL WASTING OUR TIME :(

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
But the back ended payments to Klemmer, Jackson and I think Mbye will leaves us with only $ 800k to spent on new players to replace the above three
Now my calculations are
$ 2.3 ML + .5 ML from Graham & Kasiano =$ 2.8 ML
On average the other 11 reserve players would probably earn $150 k a year = $1.65 ML
Remember we should and probably will let go of some of them.
Given that we don't know the exact figures we could be left with up to $ 1.15 ML
All is needed is for the players to pull their fingers out and play for each other the fans and the club...
Remember at seasons ends of 1978, 1989, 1995 we lost almost our entire first grade squads but it didn't stop us instantly rebuilding and wining premierships with a lot lesser rosters than we will have next season.
I LIKE TO THINK THEY HAVE !!!
Sorry I may have understood that wrong?

You say it leaves us 2.3mil but after more backended crap it leaves us with only 800k??

Then you do the equation of 2.3mil + .5mil leaves us 2.8mil.........shouldn't it be 800k + .5mil = 1.3 mil to replace Moz's, Eastwood and 11 reserve players??

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now my calculations are
$ 2.3 ML + .5 ML from Graham & Kasiano =$ 2.8 ML
On average the other 11 reserve players would probably earn $150 k a year = $1.65 ML
Remember we should and probably will let go of some of them.
Given that we don't know the exact figures we could be left with up to $ 1.15 ML
Remember at seasons ends of 1978, 1989, 1995 we lost almost our entire first grade squads but it didn't stop us instantly rebuilding and wining premierships with a lot lesser rosters than what we will have next season.
Foran starts his backended contract next year which is $1.1m

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Na mate Everything is ok there’s no issue. Just ask Oatley Dog. No probs. We have a great squad
:cryingcat::cryingcat::cryingcat: So still you have nothing to offer to back up your claims. Doesn't matter what you say about me as it only gives further illumination about you. Just say it was an opinion and not a fact and it is all good. You can do it.....

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably true and explains the panic which resulted in the rapid dumping of Lafai, Rona, Hokko, Reynolds, Kasiano and Graham.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry I may have understood that wrong?

You say it leaves us 2.3mil but after more backended crap it leaves us with only 800k??

Then you do the equation of 2.3mil + .5mil leaves us 2.8mil.........shouldn't it be 800k + .5mil = 1.3 mil to replace Moz's, Eastwood and 11 reserve players??
Sorry mate , I am posting as I am working. I will correct it

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched his story. I think he’s full of shit. No figures mentioned at all about what players are on.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s the crux of the article though... with all those players gone we have 800k tospend but zero cattle

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget about massoud story, I mentioned It before we are screwed for at least 2 years ! Hopefully the players like Lewis, okunbor etc can step up like 2004 how we turned to our juniors. They're the ones that can get us out of this slump. Unless we can release players and buy them that's a different story.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that Pay told massoud this so he reports on it and we sign Morris brothers on 100k deals and then we get to sign Coen Hess, Pangai Jnr and all the other decent players coming off contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.