Fox Sports RTS to return to the NRL in 2023.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he is very small also, along way off
That's why I said he's a long way off.. Size doesn't bother me with a fullback though. They said Barba was too small and he won a Dally M. Same with Matt Bowen or Preston Campbell etc.

But I try not to expect too much from SG Ball or Flegg players, even ones as talented as Papalii as a lot has to go right before they transition to FG and the percentage of those that make it is very low. Hopefully he is one of them though. Gus rates him very highly and for good reason.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's why I said he's a long way off.. Size doesn't bother me with a fullback though. They said Barba was too small and he won a Dally M. Same with Matt Bowen or Preston Campbell etc.

But I try not to expect too much from SG Ball or Flegg players, even ones as talented as Papalii as a lot has to go right before they transition to FG and the percentage of those that make it is very low. Hopefully he is one of them though. Gus rates him very highly and for good reason.
yeh spot on

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would have four fullbacks that would probably be the best fullback option at 11-12 other clubs. Just give us one of the four!

Also, I’ve never known a rooster supporter to suggest a potential signing won’t happen.
Surely you jest…
There are few realists amongst us.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As well as a position in the front office. :grinning:
I am sure Uncle Nick has kept the job open for RTS's wife, and the unit at Bondi is still in his name , so no reason this wont happen.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, anyone who signs him as a fullback will be disappointed
Him getting injured and Drinkwater replacing him really changed the Cowboys season. I also don't know why people keep suggesting any and every player that can apparently play fullback as a potential fullback for us, at least name someone that's actually good lol.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Paying heavy cash for a fullback is dumb for our situation. I think we have got our 7 in Sullivan, so let’s bolster up our forward pack so our spine has time and creation into the attack and continue to trust the juniors we have coming through to reach better limits in the lower grades next year. Signings like Crighton, Hammer, Campbell, RTS really don’t improve us at all. We are cashed up for end of 2023 so for 2024 we should hopefully have a few handy additions in the pack with possibly a spine of 1. Crighton :expressionless: 6. Burton 7. Sullivan 9. Mahoney

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crighton is the most overrated player in the Penrith side, he is just an athlete .
Id rather a footballer/ athlete at fullback give me jayden campbell anyday.
We allready had his dud of a brother, why pay $700k for him? Not even a proven fullback, put him in a tigers side, see how well he does