Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nah man there's no turning point under Baz. He's 4-27. We were up 14-6 with 25 to go and in control against Brisbane and we somehow lost 34-14. It's one of the worst capitulations I've seen..

Madge isn't a great coach but at least he holds players accountable, has them fit and playing hard and can get them fired up.. Baz is the complete opposite. That's why you see a turnaround from them and not from us.
We ran out of puff in attack, I've never seen that before.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i agree on interim coach but I meant like for example the tigers having their turning point 2 weeks ago.. is this club ever capable of having a turning point where they click even with Baz as coach? I want him gone but fuck me how bad is this bloke that he can’t get these players up for a game
Yeah Baz only knows how to keep digging the hole we're in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah Walker and Keary haven't combined well. They looked better when Keary was dominating touches and more involved on both sides. Teddy doesn't look like the same player... I think they miss Jake Friend a lot.. And their pack isn't what it was. JWH is running on empty, Chrichton has been horrible this year and their bench is average. If it weren't for Joey Manu they'd be struggling badly..

I love seeing them be mediocre despite having so many stars, but it's annoying we can't get close to them because we're ten times worse.
They should release Keary to us imho, best for both clubs.. :tearsofjoy:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters spine isn't combining well at all, Walker/Keary is mess of a halves combo considering the amount of talent they both have. Not sure why Robbo moved Keary away from a role that worked for him so well in recent seasons.
Keary has dropped a meter of pace since his injury and is down on confidence and he’s having trouble adapting to running the Show but I think it will click between him and walker soon…… probably against us

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo played five eight for cup on the weekend and comes back into the side at centre.. lol wtf is going on at this club
He is Barrett long lost son from when he was hooking into all the chicks at bourbon street night club and the glasshouse back in the day. Holding it over him!

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bullshit. Take him away and we still bottom of the table and losing games!! We don’t have what it takes. Your fooling yourself if your blaming all our horrendous performances on JMK alone. That’s a joke. 1 player responsible for burtons flop. And Jacs fall from grace. All the teams handling errors an dropped balls.!! Yep JMK caused those people to make those crucial mistakes at those moments!

I know he’s not a top 9, we all know this. But we also don’t have an organising 7 and a 6 to partner that 7, give JMK to Melbourne and Bellamy would turn him into a fabulous player, look at Meaney now.. loving it , why???? Star studded team with utter Professionals around him. My opinion and I will have it. Does not make me less of a person because I won’t Blame him for our 1-6 , -109 effort.
Nice one benji

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hes no Mahoney, but our biggest issue lately has been defence, not JMKs service. JMKs defence is the better of the other options we have at 9 for now. Probably is the better 9 option right now waiting for Mahoney. He has nothing on Mahoney, but he does have something on Cook, Odo etc at 9 at this stage. Let the juniors develop, better for their long term career if they arent thrown into the deep end too soon. Wont help us enough to bother changing.

The whole team needs a kick in the butt, not just 1 or 2 players. There are fuck all players that can say they have done well all year outside maybe TPJ and Max King. Maybe Thompson too. Outside that they have all have been underwhelming
People do realise that Wakeham played hooker in first grade once hardly missed a tackle and made 40+ and passed off the ground. It’s not as hard to defend the middle as some make out you just have to have ticker which JMK has but basic skill to be a good hooker he struggles with.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Walker and Keary haven't combined well. They looked better when Keary was dominating touches and more involved on both sides. Teddy doesn't look like the same player... I think they miss Jake Friend a lot.. And their pack isn't what it was. JWH is running on empty, Chrichton has been horrible this year and their bench is average. If it weren't for Joey Manu they'd be struggling badly..

I love seeing them be mediocre despite having so many stars, but it's annoying we can't get close to them because we're ten times worse.
I thought Tedesco was excellent on the w/end, he wanted the ball in his hands the whole time and was dangerous around the ruck.
You know he’s going to do something special against us now you said that don’t you?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Roosters by 20+ we score as usual two tries at max. Averillo to get flamed for no reason. Burton to not even get mentioned for his poor performances. More JMK and Jackson threads. This shit is depressing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought Tedesco was excellent on the w/end, he wanted the ball in his hands the whole time and was dangerous around the ruck.
You know he’s going to do something special against us now you said that don’t you?
If only Dufty wanted the ball half as much!

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Prediction - we hang tough for the first 55-60 minutes, then collapse for an eventual 36-18 loss. Verrills opens the floodgates with one of the softest barge-over from Dummy-Half try's you'll ever see. The next set from the kick-off, TPJ hangs a lazy arm and collars Sam Walker and gets 10 in the bin. Roosters run in 3 converted try's while we're a man down to lose the game 36-18 in what was dubbed a valiant performance. Gus spends the next 48 hours on Twitter replying to some of the best dribble you've ever read.

Baz postgame:

Yardage
Silly Errors
Build pressure
Good ball sets
How we handle adversity
Couple of green shoots

Rinse, repeat.
Good chance you are right. Sydney Roosters have won the last eight encounters against the Dogs. They are paying 1.25 - a 25% return on your money looks like a safe bet. However, the Roosters haven’t looked convincing to say the least. I think it might be closer than people think.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh for sure. He always kills it against us. Didn't he have a hatrick against us last year? I expect him and Walker, Keary, Manu etc to tear us to shreds after they're coming off a loss and the media are questioning their attack.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What do you mean? As in at what point do they finally make a decision on Baz? As much as we want him gone now, Gus might wait til the end of the year. I'd rather he acted soon and appointed Tangata-Toa or someone as interim coach til they find a replacement for next season.
Who ranks higher in a club if an interim coach was appointed - the Coach of the NSW Cup side or one of the assistant coaches.
Barrett should be given more time (2023 at least) - a major overall of the roster was never going to be a quick fix.