Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just forfeit lol. Jake looks absolutely cooked right now, confidence is totally shot. Watching NSW cup highlights and he had a try assist, another try assist called back, kicked a 40/20 and converted all attempts on goal but he looked totally disinterested.
Disinterested is a good description of how he played on Sunday. Did some good things but no urgency at all to get involved in the game, particularly defence.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s because the whole team is CRAP.. and if it’s based on pride for the jersey.. then only JMK, TPJ and JAC are in the team..!!!! Right now pride and passion for the blue and white is better than what is dished up game day anyway. !! Sick of people putting the boot into JMK when he puts his 100% in every week and gives his all..!! Might not be your all. But face the facts.. he ain’t the reason we lose games!!

I know he must go,but doesn’t deserve the hate.
Who are you trying to fool? he is a very big reason why we are losing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it’s because the whole team is CRAP.. and if it’s based on pride for the jersey.. then only JMK, TPJ and JAC are in the team..!!!! Right now pride and passion for the blue and white is better than what is dished up game day anyway. !! Sick of people putting the boot into JMK when he puts his 100% in every week and gives his all..!! Might not be your all. But face the facts.. he ain’t the reason we lose games!!

I know he must go,but doesn’t deserve the hate.
I love you scoob but you have your blinkers on here brother JMK and Jackson are two major issue’s that stifle our attack

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a centre who can actually tackle. Averillo cannot. A lot of momentum is gained when a good tackle is made.
The guy I have been promoting is Hoffman. He can run the ball, and he can tackle.
Thats a lot more than Averillo, Burns or Naden. He has played centre in the lower grades at Wests.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t like BBO at 14, he ends up with no real game time and is not going to be our 9 going forward. Would much rather him get game time at 7 in cup.
100%
He isn’t a 9 and will never be. He is a half or a utility. But he doesn’t get the time to develop in nrl. And doesn’t get the time to develop in reserve grade (let’s not forget he has missed out on almost 2 seasons due to Covid too).

No doubt kid has potential. You can see him as a Jahrome Hughes type with proper guidance. Difference is with a decent coach he will develop nicely. With the wrong coach and club will be the next Wakeham, averillo, ash Taylor etc.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters coming of a bad loss could be a warrior like score against us and tbag just churns out more of the same. I wish I could stop myself from watching our games.
Storm came off a loss and beat us 44-0

I don’t think Roosters will out 70 on us but 40 -50 is on the cards

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm came off a loss and beat us 44-0

I don’t think Roosters will out 70 on us but 40 -50 is on the cards
Mate if you think the roosters are anywhere near the storm this year I want some of what you are on.

The knights beat the roosters. The dragons beat the roosters.

Not saying we will win but the roosters are a bottom 8 team at best this year

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if you think the roosters are anywhere near the storm this year I want some of what you are on.

Couldn't agree more. We can be soft through the middle, we give away lots of penalties, our halves haven't clicked and our back five are clunky to say the least. I think we'll win in the 10-14 range.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So basically jmk worst service in nrl history, swaps Schouup to the other side with naden who killed it next to jac, and puts Averillo next to jac who has done fuck all to prove his worth as a centre. Sorry fellas but I’m done with Baz. Deserves every bit of criticism thrown at him. The definition of stupid is written all over our dumb coach.
Nah I think schoupp will stay at left centre

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The Roosters beat the Broncos and the Broncs put 34 on us and won by 20..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I’m happy to be proved wrong but the Broncos with a completely new spine pumped us by 20

Those teams you mentioned would beat us too

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Jmk has to be dropped if we are going to score points.
Hes no Mahoney, but our biggest issue lately has been defence, not JMKs service. JMKs defence is the better of the other options we have at 9 for now. Probably is the better 9 option right now waiting for Mahoney. He has nothing on Mahoney, but he does have something on Cook, Odo etc at 9 at this stage. Let the juniors develop, better for their long term career if they arent thrown into the deep end too soon. Wont help us enough to bother changing.

The whole team needs a kick in the butt, not just 1 or 2 players. There are fuck all players that can say they have done well all year outside maybe TPJ and Max King. Maybe Thompson too. Outside that they have all have been underwhelming