Round 8 Team V Roosters Match Discussion

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way. Even with better service from JMK, burton an co just don’t click, combos don’t work. Doesn’t take a blind man to see they players just don’t gel. An coaching is more like 25-30%.
better service from dummy half will give our halves more time with the ball, Jackson is another issue we have but I would want jmk gone before anyone.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Again.. I’m not going on how shit he is. Only how genuinely he wants to wear the blue and white. That’s why I back him when people shoot him down. !!
Let’s forget about his terribly slow and clunky service for a minute. An effective dummy half needs to be reasonably quick between the ears yeah. From a scale of 0 - 100 where Cam Smith was the bench mark at 100 I’d score JMK as a 5 and that’s probably being generous.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not a fan, used to be like you, I’m just stating the fact that he Always puts 100% effort in and has passion for the blue and white, can See it, and that to me at this dismal time is nice to see. Therefore he doesn’t deserve the hate he gets. As a person he will be more humble than most on here. As a player he tries but does not have the goods, I’m in no way shape or form disputing that. But he’s not the reason we are where we are.
however.. for the bulldogs jersey he wears. he actually genuinely wants to be here!!! That’s my point and that’s deserves respect In itself !!! End of.
seriously what player doesn’t put 100%
sorry man but if your not good enough you need to be dropped even if you put your heart and soul into it.

I don’t see the point of playing him we have Mahoney coming next year anyway so maybe play a young player like cook who might be the back up to Mahoney next year..

I would say jmk would be the worst starting 9 in the competition,why do we keep picking him end why does he play such large minutes?

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, not acceptable. I'm not asking for finals footy, I'm asking to not have to watch pure shit every weekend. What's happening at the top level at the club is unacceptable and the longer Trent stays the worse it will get. The style of play he has tried to implement at the club with the players we have has got to be one of the dumbest coaching moments I have ever seen.
There will be wins this year. Maybe even against the Roosters. But 2023 looks promising with the 2 new recruits. There will also be 2 or 3 added from within that are probably already signed. With Gus as the draw card we will hopefully pick up another 2 or 3 quality players from other clubs but not break the bank. Unfortunately 2024 is where we will see a challenge for semi finals.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to wear the blue and white pick me pick me!
So do I. Would be a fucking privilege to wear for the team I’ve supported for a life time.!! Be a bloody honour actually. Anyone who wears it is very lucky. But if they don’t show passion it’s an insult.!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously what player doesn’t put 100%
sorry man but if your not good enough you need to be dropped even if you put your heart and soul into it.

I don’t see the point of playing him we have Mahoney coming next year anyway so maybe play a young player like cook who might be the back up to Mahoney next year..

I would say jmk would be the worst starting 9 in the competition,why do we keep picking him end why does he play such large minutes?
What player ? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: To many !!!! Look at the state of it !!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
better service from dummy half will give our halves more time with the ball, Jackson is another issue we have but I would want jmk gone before anyone.
Bro I don’t doubt that. Im simply saying it’s not his fault and his alone. This was my point from the start. He don’t deserve the hate . That’s it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Roosters will be fired up after their shock loss last week. I see us being competitive for 60 minutes, then switching off. I dont see us fixing that problem in a week.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It is the game plan/structure from Barrett. If we had the halves playing more on the ball and not out the back, that would also increase the service from dummyhalf. No one knows where the ball is going so that naturally slows down the dummy half.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters will be fired up after their shock loss last week. I see us being competitive for 60 minutes, then switching off. I dont see us fixing that problem in a week.
Yep Robinson to put a rocket up his players this week. Barrett to give his players cuddles

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Robinson to put a rocket up his players this week. Barrett to give his players cuddles
I am not sure Robbo would give them a rocket. They actually tried really hard and probably should have pinched it at the death.

It’s the best saints have played for a year. They were very physical. Hopefully that took a toll

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would it be any different to the last 6 rounds. We compete for 50 minutes, then.......
a) Waddell, Jackson or JMK give away a 6 again or penalty to completely change the momentum.
OR
b) In the attacking 20, Jackson either throws a crap pass to our halves or a murder-ball to a forward, causing an error (changing momentum)
OR
c) Okunbor knocks it on, then comes in off his wing gifting a try down his side.

The questions is not will it happen but which one will it be???? I know this because TBAZ's gameplan is:
Jackson as a third halfback, JMK and Waddell to go too many minutes on the field because he still doesn't understand how interchanges work.
I wish I was wrong.

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Remember when we were the Roosters biggest rivals. Now we are considered marginally easier to beat than the BYE.
Can we ring Vagana and Willie Tonga to play in the centres? I don't care how old they are. I would actually take anyone from that team.
Shifty to steer us around and ice the game. in my mind I can hear the Carole King song "So Far Away".
Fuck I am sad about this current mob.....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the fuck does averillo comes straight back in when our best player was the centre last game. This is beyond a joke now
Kiraz can't be picked til round 11 as he is not in the top 30....unless covid hits again. Can't blame Trent for everything, just 99% of things lol