Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another wasted Friday night.
To watch a team 8 points down and run 5 one out plays then kick the ball to the opposition on their 35 metre mark does me.
We have some great attackers but we have JJ playing first receiver getting slow ball off JMK. JJ then takes the hit up on tackle 4.
Bindi comes on with 7 minutes left and the team under the pump.
The attack is pedestrian, shallow and slow.
We'll never know if Flanagan is any good as he never gets a chance to play a halfback role. Same with Burton, he only gets the ball under the pump.

The team just drop their heads when they get behind.
That comes down to coaching.

A clean sweep of the coaches box is needed soon.
Is needed to instil some Doggie spirit into the team.

Never been so deflated. A 60 year doggie (berry) fan.
Sad thing is, everyone on here knows it's going to turn to shit at some point in every game. It's just a matter when the 'turning point' happens. Last week it was 20th minute. This week is was the 60th. But inevitably, we always know it is going to happen at some point.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alcho Johns on Nein saying that the two problems with our attack are (drum roll please)...

1. Josh Jackson is not a ball playing lock, and is being made to play a role that doesn't suit him
2. Our play is too structured.

He also talked about our problem with lack of confidence. All of these things very true. Baz has got the players playing for him, but he needs to change this stuff up and start finding ways to lift their confidence.
He left third problem. JuNK

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, just watching footage when Kiraz got the cramp and Junk just stood there with his hands on his hips and not even trying to help the young bloke out...just turned away. You are piece of SHIT JMK!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn’t see the game due to a family bereavement

I seen we were up at halftime

I’ve just seen we lost by 20

WTF

Western Dog

New Pup
Reaction score
Barrett has no idea. A covid crisis forced a shake up and we improved. Now we just need Jackson, JMK, and let's throw Thompson in (he was shit tonight) to get sick to force a few more changes THAT BARRETT WONT MAKE....

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We dominated the set for set for 60 minutes, then loose by 20! Mistakes and penalties at key moment comming out of our own end and the off side forward pass call killed us.

Our starting middle killed it, completely dominated the ruck.

Don't like how our 2 best attackers can't combine due to the attacking structure. Seriously think we have more points in us if Flanigan only has to worry about the right edge and Duffty has the freedom to roam both sides.

There is a team in there, we just need to handle key situations better.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow Barrett press conference. Must see. We were trying to fix things individually...ie There's no TEAM. IF there's no team then Coach is responsible in failing to create a team. His own words SAY IT ALL. Then no Jackson accompanying him at the presser. Rumour is Gus addressed the team including Jackson wanting answers WITHOUT Coach there. WOW

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow Barrett press conference. Must see. We were trying to fix things individually...ie There's no TEAM. IF there's no team then Coach is responsible in creating the team. His own words SAY IT ALL. Then no Jackson accompanying him at the presser. Rumour is Gus addressed the team including Jackson wanting answers WITHOUT Coach there. WOW
Gus is taking over

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow Barrett press conference. Must see. We were trying to fix things individually...ie There's no TEAM. IF there's no team then Coach is responsible in creating the team. His own words SAY IT ALL. Then no Jackson accompanying him at the presser. Rumour is Gus addressed the team including Jackson wanting answers WITHOUT Coach there. WOW
How much more BS can he spin....

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love jj , but we are genuinely lacking a true leader, same player who can control a game.

sorry baz, your time is up.

throw $$$$$ to bellamy ill even chip in.
He is the only person to turn us around!

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow, just watching footage when Kiraz got the cramp and Junk just stood there with his hands on his hips and not even trying to help the young bloke out...just turned away. You are piece of SHIT JMK!!
I went nuts when I seen that. That tells me that JuNK is a simpleton which also reflects on his poor service from dummy half

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really poor bench rotation, Thompson only came back on for his second stint after 65 min once broncs got on top. Even Kevy plays Haas 65 to 70 min when the game is on the line. Had King and George on together for way too long. Thompson came on after stimpson for second stint for crying out lound need to be playing Vaughn and Thompson for 60 min each at least. Saying that the way our heads went down after falling behind was disappointing.
Dufty after playing well for first 50 min really dropped off. Almost deserves to get dropped that’s 2 poor games from 3 in my book.Kiraz and Schoup probs done enough to keep their spot maybe Naden for oko next week.
Totally agree with your comments on Thommo. One of our best in the first half. Barrett does not know how to use our rotation.

Can't agree with Dufty comment though. Thought he played well. Yeh made a couple errors but only by getting himself more involved. Can't blame him for that. Our forwards lost their go forward and ruck dominance I thought which coincides with Thommo comment, then everything turned to shit.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sad thing is, everyone on here knows it's going to turn to shit at some point in every game. It's just a matter when the 'turning point' happens. Last week it was 20th minute. This week is was the 60th. But inevitably, we always know it is going to happen at some point.
So does our opposition they know they only have to hold on until we crumble, it’s exactly what brisbane did tonight