Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you said, that Okunbor stuffed up play the ball really shifted the momentum didn't it?

Brisbane scored in the next passage of play and then it was all downhill after that.
I know that did! And Knockonbor couldn’t intercept that throw that went to him! Instead he played volleyball and knocked it on.

Also his stupid kick on the last that gave the broncos a 7 tackle set. Atleast kick it inside where there may have been a bulldog to possibly ground it.

Hopeless decisions like that costs us the game.

JJ, JMK and Okonbor should never see first grade again.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree about the collapsing.we should have been 5 tries up if Waddells and JMK had some Ticker and fought to get the ball down over the line.

But seriously. How fucking useless is Knockondumdum. Imagine building something and this oaf comes along abd bumbles it all up every single damn time he touches the ball.
This is the problem though.
People are singling out JOK for an incorrect play the ball, failed intercept (prevented a try) and a split second grubber kick dead when he was under pressure and had his inside leg taken out of balance when he kicked.

Neither of these plays had any direct result in Broncos try. It just gave them possession.

I can pinpoint at least 5 occasions where JAC stuffed up and no one calls him out for it.

I think everyone's anger is misdirected

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are singling out JOK for an incorrect play the ball, failed intercept (prevented a try) and a split second grubber kick dead when he was under pressure and had his inside leg taken out of balance when he kicked.

Neither of these plays had any direct result in Broncos try. It just gave them possession.

I can pinpoint at least 5 occasions where JAC stuffed up and no one calls him out for it.

I do think when we have errors it changes the way we play and momentum shifted. The fact JOK kept making errors close to the Broncos try line always scares our players and we just simply give up. Yes we should be defending well but that many errors close to their try line will 100% gift them a try especially with Reynolds there.

JOK is well known for his errors which is why our anger is always directed at him. JAC does make dumb decisions too but JOK should be smarter than that.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not misdirected. Knockondumdum should not be anywhere near a 1st grade team. At anynother club ge would never have got past reggies...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do think when we have errors it changes the way we play and momentum shifted. The fact JOK kept making errors close to the Broncos try line always scares our players and we just simply give up. Yes we should be defending well but that many errors close to their try line will 100% gift them a try especially with Reynolds there.

JOK is well known for his errors which is why our anger is always directed at him. JAC does make dumb decisions too but JOK should be smarter than that.
Lame.
If its not JOK, it will be someone else.
You can't throw the towel in as soon as someone makes an error. Speaks volumes of the patheticness of the team.

JOK has been out of the team for a number of weeks and we've been getting lapped. It seems people were lacking their lips when he was in the team as it gave them a reason to blame for the loss.

JOK had a decent game. If you want to point the finger at anyone, point it to JAC and maybe Dufty but most certainly the halves.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not misdirected. Knockondumdum should not be anywhere near a 1st grade team. At anynother club ge would never have got past reggies...
Until we have someone better, I don't mind him there.

Personally, I'd like to see Creedence or Casey get a run on the wing. Unfortunate that creedence had covid. Im still not sure why we can't medically retire RFM. He seems like no hope of playing again and fits the bill as a medical retiree. It would free up the space for someone like Casey or Kiraz into the top 30

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your attack wastes 1-2 tackles every set organising for a completely predictable set play that rarely works.
Josh Jackson is an utter waste of a jersey, a starting spot, a captaincy, a contract and this sentence.
When that centre went for the intercept and missed, his urgency to get back into the action, which was at that stage 10 feet in front of him, was pathetic. Your defence coach needs to be arrested for impersonation.
Gus needs to do something or it'll be back to back spoons.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Strong player, looks like we found a good one by sheer luck! Why in the world hasn’t this kid being selected earlier??
Jacob is a local junior (St Johns Eagles)who after being selected in our 2015 under 15 summer development squad and our 2018 under 18 winter squad went to Dragons SG Ball 2019 and then in 2020 to Cowboys on a three year deal which evaporated due to Covid. Signed development contract with Knights 2021 then back to Dogs.Still able to play Flegg. Not listed in our top 30 as at 30 March. Has already played for Lebanon.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Personally, I'd like to see Creedence or Casey get a run on the wing. Unfortunate that creedence had covid. Im still not sure why we can't medically retire RFM. He seems like no hope of playing again and fits the bill as a medical retiree. It would free up the space for someone like Casey or Kiraz into the top 30

What does he do when he is there?
Answer please.
The mistakes he makes are too frequent and costly.
Never makes a break.
Just asking.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Very selective about JOK.
This year his mistakes have turned the tide in a few games.
The anger about him is all games, not only the Broncos game, a game that he did not in anyway distinguish himself.
For 3 or more years he has been in and out of the team.
The in's because nobody else available.
The outs because of his errors.
Very disappointing, a big body and fast but never unable to beat tackles and no footie brain.
People were waiting for him to break into first grade but proved soft in the forwards, shifted to the wing and never improved.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does he do when he is there?
Answer please.
The mistakes he makes are too frequent and costly.
Never makes a break.
Just asking.
Again, you want him out and are quick to focus on his faults or errors, but who else do you put in that is better? Certainly not Naden. He is equally error prone.

JOK certainly is abit clumsy but he also provides decent carries oit of our own end, is a tall player and aerial threat and seems like he provides positive vibes in the playing group.

Don't worry, I'm one of the first to call him out if he costs us a game but I'll also call out out anyone who blames him for a loss when it's not his fault.

As I noted above, unless we have a clear candidate to replace him (such I don't think we do) I really don't mind him in the team.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very selective about JOK.
This year his mistakes have turned the tide in a few games.
The anger about him is all games, not only the Broncos game, a game that he did not in anyway distinguish himself.
For 3 or more years he has been in and out of the team.
The in's because nobody else available.
The outs because of his errors.
Very disappointing, a big body and fast but never unable to beat tackles and no footie brain.
People were waiting for him to break into first grade but proved soft in the forwards, shifted to the wing and never improved.
I've been waiting for Burton to show us what he can do in the halves and yet here we are Round 7 and we are still waiting.....