Official Round 7 v Broncos Match Discussion

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure the bomb is the way to end every set.
Every kick should be an opportunity to create.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It was just an astounding game to watch. We looked improved, JAC was finally getting service, Dufty was making line breaks and scoring, debutants playing well, it was all clicking, then boom it turned to shit. Like wtf was that?
No leadership mate. Didn’t know what to do when we were up by 8 points early in the second half.. sh*t ourselves.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just an astounding game to watch. We looked improved, JAC was finally getting service, Dufty was making line breaks and scoring, debutants playing well, it was all clicking, then boom it turned to shit. Like wtf was that?
Who was like me. Sitting back stunned and wanted to rage? Wondering how low has this club gone. Massive high first half then second half was like a totally diff game.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For 60 minutes there was a lot to like about our performance, but at the end of the day we need to win some footy games to build confidence and demonstrate this is an attractive project to be part of.

Barrett has 4 wins in 31 games.
Never herd of a coach keeping thier job with a 13% win ratio!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF I was Gus I would quickly be reconsidering Payne Haas $1m value. Like you said, "He's by far the best forward in the game" and at 22 he is only going to get better.
He's NOT going to get better.
His numbers are good but that's the ceiling of a forward. Playing it consistently is the key. They can usually do it for 1 maybe 2 seasons. I can't see how you can justify 1M for a forward especially when you have a glaring problem elsewhere.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just re-watched a part of the game. We’re up 14-6. Cobbo kicks the ball and it went out, ruled that Schoupp played at it and took it out. Replay showed Schoupp was standing outside the field of play when he touched it, should of been our ball. Brandy made a comment that Schoupp was out. Next set Broncos scored and it was downhill from there. This team cops a bad decision and just folds. Mentally weak as piss.
The team is better than they showed in the last 20 minutes, players are so used to getting bad decisions against them, that as soon as they get one more bad decision the become defated, and drop their boundle.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact Kiraz performed well with Okunbor on his outside. Could you imagine what he night have looked like with Burns or Naden outside him.

Turning point for me was Okunbor two errors. They changed the mental toughness of our team. Both in our half close to the line. Okunbor from restart after scoring I think bad play the ball. Second was failed intercept. He had to hold that ball and make up for his original mistake. Instead they had a whole new set 10 metres out.
You guys are ridiculous and clueless if you are blaming JOK for that loss.

If a footy team collapses like a deck of cards after 1 or 2 mistakes, there are bigger issues.

Wake up everyone. No team plays without errors and ALL teams have to learn to defend or overcome their errors.

It seems like some of you were blaming JOK even before a ball was kicked. Had he scored 4 tries, you guys would have complained he didnt score 6.

The problem was inability to score more than 3 tries with the amount of posession and field territory we had (halves and spine issue) as well as the inability of Addo Carr to mop up kicks behind him (4 times for 3 trys)

I worry about some of you. Maybe it's best you don't watch games coz it's futile. Just check the final result and blame JOK if we lose. Same shit from you all every week

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have no resilience and no leaders in the middle to tell the boys not to hang their heads and stick to the gameplan, when we were in front Reynolds would have been telling the broncs just hang in there stick to the plan, who do we have?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous and clueless if you are blaming JOK for that loss.

If a footy team collapses like a deck of cards after 1 or 2 mistakes, there are bigger issues.

Wake up everyone. No team plays without errors and ALL teams have to learn to defend or overcome their errors.

It seems like some of you were blaming JOK even before a ball was kicked. Had he scored 4 tries, you guys would have complained he didnt score 6.

The problem was inability to score more than 3 tries with the amount of posession and field territory we had (halves and spine issue) as well as the inability of Addo Carr to mop up kicks behind him (4 times for 3 trys)

I worry about some of you. Maybe it's best you don't watch games coz it's futile. Just check the final result and blame JOK if we lose. Same shit from you all every week
I agree about the collapsing.we should have been 5 tries up if Waddells and JMK had some Ticker and fought to get the ball down over the line.

But seriously. How fucking useless is Knockondumdum. Imagine building something and this oaf comes along abd bumbles it all up every single damn time he touches the ball.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thank fuck I had visitors last night mid game and turned it off after we let in 2 tries after half time.
We were defending ok early in the game and once again finding ourselves in good field position. TPJ, Schoupp, Kiraz where doing well.
Broncos were atrocious in the first half giving us a leg up though (not that we could capitalize on their errors and missed tackles).
A team with a clue in attack would have scored a few more tries but as in previous weeks we just got no idea, no structure or set plays attacking the try line so it was only a matter of time to till the wheels fell off.

I wasnt confident going into the game. I expected no better than previous weeks. Thats what its come to.

We are fucked.

Baz isnt our guy. It will be years before we climb and it wont even begin until he is gone and the training/coaching staff is revamped.

I use to sit here years ago wondering why miserable **** supporters were negative even before kick off. Surely if you cant get excited game day why bother following the sport. Now Im borderline the same. 40+ years a dogs supporter and this is where Im at..

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just re-watched a part of the game. We’re up 14-6. Cobbo kicks the ball and it went out, ruled that Schoupp played at it and took it out. Replay showed Schoupp was standing outside the field of play when he touched it, should of been our ball. Brandy made a comment that Schoupp was out. Next set Broncos scored and it was downhill from there. This team cops a bad decision and just folds. Mentally weak as piss.
I think the ball needs to touch the ground for it to be deemed out, therefore Schoupp standing outside the field took it out. That's my understanding anyway.
Watched but was correct call.
The ball had bounced in play and needed to bounce outside the touch Schoup touched it before.
Unlike a kick off or bomb if the ball bounces in play it needs to bounce outside.
I think he brushed anyway prior to being out

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Last week Jacko had a spray at our players in the presser about team discipline…within the first 5min ref warns him he’s offside yet he continues to approach tackler until ref has no option but to blow the whistle.
He's been either our worst offender or close to this whole season. Completely unacceptable as a leader and captain. I think he needs the captaincy removed from him and I would say dropped but I don't see it happening. The way Tbaz i splaying him completely beyond his skill set yet he continues to do it. Tbaz with his stubborn team selections and style of play will cost him his job and it's all his own fault.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's NOT going to get better.
His numbers are good but that's the ceiling of a forward. Playing it consistently is the key. They can usually do it for 1 maybe 2 seasons. I can't see how you can justify 1M for a forward especially when you have a glaring problem elsewhere.
What are we paying Thompson again? I know which one I'd rather even if one is a fraction more expensive.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't really blame the covid disruption when the two centres who came into the team were amongst our best, the front rower did his job pretty well and okunbor was just well.. okunbur

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Actually it started when Okunbor couldn’t play the ball properly
As you said, that Okunbor stuffed up play the ball really shifted the momentum didn't it?

Brisbane scored in the next passage of play and then it was all downhill after that.