OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They are just a "pretend" Melbourne team from Qld Sunshine Coast and beyond. No Vic juniors or any interest much at all from the locals. But have/had News Ltd and gambling tzars owning the franchise so have far too much influence over all aspects of league. Has the hide to still spruik their premiership wins taken off them. Bellamy would def come back to the fold if under the same scutiny that the Sydney teams are with the press etc.

Five homegrown players in 26 years: NRL’s uphill battle in Victoria laid bare

Although the club has only fielded five Victorians in the NRL, the trend is up. Three of the players – Young Tonumaipea, Dean Ieremia and Sua Fa’alogo – are currently in the top 30 squad.

Why bother developing when you can simply poach those from the current competitions in Qld. Even their past spine of Slater, Cronk, Smith, Inglis were Qld ( well except Inglis who should have been NSW.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t wait until the draw starts to soften up and we play the lesser sides. We should easily beat the other
Bottom 9 teams

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can’t wait until the draw starts to soften up and we play the lesser sides. We should easily beat the other
Bottom 9 teams
as long as we dont get anymore injuries and we get mann, King and preston back after the bye then we should be able to beat those lesser sides easily.

BahaMan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly seriously.. can we get one, just one levelled headed mofo who can just direct this footy team to a win.

Literally the only thing we are missing atm..

I think a Chad Townsend would fit nicely Into this team of misfits and kids.
This is a great call. I can’t stand the bloke but he is exactly what we need and is off contract.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No this was from a while back ( 5 years in fact)when people were pointing out the shitty tactics that the Storm used ( and still use).

They are the kings of slowing down the play the ball with out making it evident that they are. There was, a few years ago supposedly a crackdown on slow peels. Rule change to ALL players must leave the tackle at the same time. Lasted all of five minutes.
Credit to Bellamy. He manipulated the ruck like the Pro he is. I don't watch all Storm games, but the 'dirty ruck' and short-ten were right up there with his 2012 GF contribution.

Ref went okay overall, but he's an out-and-out rookie and got well-played (like an antique violin) by the veteran coach. Although it was nice to see him call "lost" when they dropped it walking through the ruck in the mid-second half. But, they'd been doing it all night without any sanction at all; damage was already done.

I want to see Crichton in the Ref's face, very early on when this kind of thing happens. The ref needs to be directed to look for it, and more importantly, that we're looking at it (and Ciraldo needs to be on the phone first thing Monday morning, backing up his skipper and raising merry-hell, as well.).

Just on ruck infringement re-starts. I'd argue in the current game, they're probably more important/influential than penalties, because they also impact the speed and momentum - or "tone" - of the ruck.

How much do we have to pay to win one occasionally?
Round 1: Parramatta (3) - Dogs (Nil)
Round 2: Cronulla (1) - Dogs (Nil)
Round 3: Titans (Nil) - Dogs (3) * The ONLY one we've won - look at the impact.
Round 4: Souths (2) - Dogs (1)
Round 5: Rorters (5) - Dogs (1) ** Gee, wonder why the comeback was on?
Round 6: Storm (3) - Dogs (Nil) *** Yeah, that's right. All that Storm laying about - duck egg. Nothing to see here.

Over six rounds: Opposition (14) - Dogs (5). Half our games, not even one!

We're getting absolutely rorted, but the NRL are just stupid enough to think that no one notices.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not saying he hasn’t been a good signing. I respect what he has done as setting standards off and on the field in defence but you can’t say he’s showed his full potential in attack.
Obviously not fully fit .... has carried a quad injury since pre-season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Credit to Bellamy. He manipulated the ruck like the Pro he is. I don't watch all Storm games, but the 'dirty ruck' and short-ten were right up there with his 2012 GF contribution.

Ref went okay overall, but he's an out-and-out rookie and got well-played (like an antique violin) by the veteran coach. Although it was nice to see him call "lost" when they dropped it walking through the ruck in the mid-second half. But, they'd been doing it all night without any sanction at all; damage was already done.

I want to see Crichton in the Ref's face, very early on when this kind of thing happens. The ref needs to be directed to look for it, and more importantly, that we're looking at it (and Ciraldo needs to be on the phone first thing Monday morning, backing up his skipper and raising merry-hell, as well.).

Just on ruck infringement re-starts. I'd argue in the current game, they're probably more important/influential than penalties, because they also impact the speed and momentum - or "tone" - of the ruck.

How much do we have to pay to win one occasionally?
Round 1: Parramatta (3) - Dogs (Nil)
Round 2: Cronulla (1) - Dogs (Nil)
Round 3: Titans (Nil) - Dogs (3) * The ONLY one we've won - look at the impact.
Round 4: Souths (2) - Dogs (1)
Round 5: Rorters (5) - Dogs (1) ** Gee, wonder why the comeback was on?
Round 6: Storm (3) - Dogs (Nil) *** Yeah, that's right. All that Storm laying about - duck egg. Nothing to see here.

Over six rounds: Opposition (14) - Dogs (5). Half our games, not even one!

We're getting absolutely rorted, but the NRL are just stupid enough to think that no one notices.
We def need to be more proactive in demanding accountability and even-handedness.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't that the point. I'm not sure Hutch can do better.
He is what he is. He's trying hard and doing his best for the team. No hate here. But the team needs more than what he's got.
I agree that we should have a better halfback. I’m very confident Gus will sign one for next year. My issue is that we don’t have anybody better than Hutch. Sexton is ridiculously overrated on here. And is still very young. Taafe has trained all pre season at fullback. And has rarely played halfback in first grade. They aren’t great options.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I loved the back 5 last night. it's hard to change that moving forward. That being said, Taffe brings a lot to our right side. The 7 is a dilemma. We should be 4 & 2 with a proven 7. I know it's frustrating losing the souths and melbourne games, but my goodness, we are so close. At the start of the season, I thought we were short a 1,7,8 10. I'll still take them, but right now, all we need is a 7, and we are better than half the comp. Top 8 is not without a chance. We are capable of going on a run. Knights, bye, tigers, we need to bank those next 6 points.

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk
I wonder if we are a chance of picking up an experienced halfback on the outer at their team. Is there anybody available?

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Bellamy. Gifted with superb spines and plenty of big forwards but simply uses despicable tactics to win games. The author of the chicken wing, rolling pin, crusher, etc.. You name it he implemented it and was allowed to get away with it. The instigators of putting "up the bumpers" when in possession of the ball.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/creuly One coach sent the NRL 32 clips of illegal Storm tactics, from two games, and received no response. Another coach sent in more clips and, worse, discovered the NRL told the Storm what he did.

What chance him sticking his head up again?

Confusion is rife and a chief reason is there are two kinds of wrestling.

There is the simple wrestling designed to slow the play-the-ball down. Slowing the tackle has been around since Dally Messenger threw his first hospital pass but now it is systematic and practised.

Then there is the other wrestling designed to injure the opponent.

Richardson has no doubt the Storm are deliberately setting out to injure opponents.

“Something needs to be done,” Richardson said to Fox Sports James Hooper.

“Who invented the crusher tackle, who invented the chicken wing, who invented the rolling pin?

“We were furious afterwards. It’s not in the spirit of the game.”

Richardson pointed to this week’s version, Cody Walker’s tackle on Tui Kamikamica where Kamikamica led with an elbow into Walker’s chest.

He charged it was deliberate and the Storm countered by claiming it was an accident.

The Storm have said nothing about Channel 9 commentator Phil Gould, who casually commented during the coverage that he saw the Storm practising it in their warm-up.
Good post, i remember last year Brandy callin Storm out for invention of the chicken wings tackle etc and Smith decided to pipe up sayin we didnt invent or practise I lost respect for Smith you do it you own it.

Britishdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
should sign C.Townsend
Chad is better than the current options, but its only paying for a less shitter option.

Gus knows what's he's doing. We'll carry on with what we've got and see what's what at the end of the season.

Think he's in love with Mitchell Woods and will throw him in start of next season.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously not fully fit .... has carried a quad injury since pre-season.
I can only presume that he is holding out for the 1st bye week and see if he can get some improvement then with a week off. As Captain and wanting to set an example for the rest of the team/club he doesn't feel he can just take a week or 2 off. Going to be hard for Madge to pick him for SOO if he is not 100% by then but that maybe plays into Dogs hands not having him missing during Origin.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nearly 24hrs have passed and yesterday doesn't feel like a loss tbh...
Agree.

Saw more good signs in that loss than any other win in the last few seasons. Middles are better than i expected this year and we are defending like a team and we are starting to get ball out wide early. Plenty of belief and grit- all good stuff.
A successful season for me is a50% win rate. Knights are a must win.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Agree.

Saw more good signs in that loss than any other win in the last few seasons. Middles are better than i expected this year and we are defending like a team and we are starting to get ball out wide early. Plenty of belief and grit- all good stuff.
A successful season for me is a50% win rate. Knights are a must win.
We will put 30 on them. I don't rate them at all. Stop Ponga, stop Newcastle.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I must sound like a broken record, but why doesn't the club hire a dedicated attacking coach? When it gets to tackle 3 or 4 the team has no fucking idea what to do. Surely Gus can find some money and hire a dedicated attacking coach. Just need to get that bit sorted out (and shoot Hutchison into outer space) and this team will be top 8, no worries.
what’s Brett Kimorley doing these days … good footy IQ he’d be good in that role ..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep still young and learning

People wanting to crucify him are stuffed.

If we're crucifying people on one mistake then let's blame

Xerri for not passing to JAC in the first half
Salmon for missing a tackle try 1
Hutchison for missing a tackle try 1
Salmon for allowing the break to try 3
Reed for not passing to the left on our last set
Hutchison heaps of examples
Crichton for flick passing to kiraz when kiraz was taken out
Jac for not doing a superhuman effort and staying in field to score in the 1st half

But nah, let's shit on the 21 yr old in his 2nd game
and Burton's poor left side goalkicking