OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don't really mean the fans with Burton. More the media. They all talk about him being a fantastic centre and should be a centre because he played there for Penrith.

He has played in a dogshit doggies side so far and he's still had his moments of magic.

We just need to get the forwards the right and a 7 that he can bounce along with.
Yeah must of our players are in the same boat. We need a good 7.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think so. Storm’s third try should never have been scored. Kautoga’s non existent defence the sole cause.
Yep indeed. There were 3 Dogs players adjacent to the tackler (Kiraz?), who stood by, watching it unfold. 1-2 extra players in that tackle would most likely have stopped the infield kick and try. Some players still just not switched on and leave it to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Kautoga effort or lack thereof for the Blore try is keeping me up at night. Still mad game though.

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
best game we have played in many years.

Hutch played a part in it. I’ll be the first one to say we need a better halfback. But defensively he is so much better than Sexton or Taafe. I doubt either are the answer. If Turpin was moved to halfback we might be slightly better. But the team still is learning the defensive structures. Taking Hutch out could destroy that.

We lost the game because we missed a few kicks. But if Bronson passes to Fox we score another try. If Kiraz doesn’t run over the sideline Melbourne don’t score the match winner. If Tracey backs up the Fox he scored two more try’s. If Kiraz shuts down the ball Coates doesn’t kick it for the luckiest try I have ever seen. If Turpin doesn’t drop the ball on his first run Melbourne don’t score that first try. If Burto kicked two goals we win.

None of these mistakes were Hutches. All these players could have done better. All those players cost us a chance at winning the game. It’s no use blaming Hutch for losing that game if you can’t accept that all those players could have won it for us.
Hutch looked poor the other night, he is slow and poses no danger to the other side so they don't need to double up on him which then gives us no room out wide. As a couch coach I would dearly love to see Taafe at half but the reality is this would be a disruption to the team. Taafe didn't train there and as good as Tracey looked at fb (and was my choice for fb from the day we signed him) I think Ciraldo will bring Taafe back to fb this week. CC is all about stability and confidence and I don't blame him. It's a fine line balancing the right mix of combinations, defensive structures, effort, attitude and having the right replacement for a player that is not in form.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kautoga effort or lack thereof for the Blore try is keeping me up at night. Still mad game though.
Best we ship him back to Fiji for a refund or exchange for another big forward lol

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did Critta play right centre?

Did Ciraldo want to plug the right side defence?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hutchinson…..hands on hips.
consistently cuts back in field to no one
Falls over himself in defence
No kicking game
No passing game
No threat
No challenge
So if he’s only there for size in defence he’s not even doing that. They scored last in his side.
kiks may as well be our 7
look I’m not defending hutch but if we had speed of someone like Johnson he could of did those show and go’s that hutch was doing, just was too slow to get through the hole. But in saying that, you all need to remember it’s not perfect and quite frankly happy with who we have become as a football team. Compared to last year if we were 10-0 down, we would have folded

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why did Critta play right centre?

Did Ciraldo want to plug the right side defence?
That looked like the plan. And it makes more sense. Xeri is a better attacking threat on that left side. I hope he keeps Critta on the right all year.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutch needs to go.. been saying it for weeks.. too slow poor options... Give SexBOMB a go...see what he's got

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That looked like the plan. And it makes more sense. Xeri is a better attacking threat on that left side. I hope he keeps Critta on the right all year.
At least CC has finally seen sense and played our BEST fullback Tracey in his best spot...Taafe should NOT be fullback.. Tracey is 3 times the player of Taafe

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hutch needs to go.. been saying it for weeks.. too slow poor options... Give SexBOMB a go...see what he's got
Doesn't look like it will happen. They've moved Sexton to 9 in Cup, and they're getting pumped.

O'Neil is playing half (as I think he should) but he still seems some time off.

Ciraldo might do something very Un-Ciraldo-like and pick Taaffe at 7, but more likely he'll go passive and continue with the flailing Hutchison (I would love to be wrong).

Seems this will remain a blind-spot for Ciraldo. Hope the season isn't gone before he makes some positive changes.
So far, other than Tracey to fullback on game day (loved it), he seems to only engage in forced changes. It was a (big) problem last year (eg Perham) and is shaping up into a growing problem this year (with a similar result if it isn't fixed). *fingers crossed* he gets it together, and soon.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and they're getting pumped.
...and they claw one back [16 - 6 just before half time]
Not watching the game - just the scores - but seems Biondi-Odo has been hooked, with Romano Cook into hooker, leaving Sexton to partner O'Neill in the halves. Hopefully he does well, we mount a decent comeback and demands selection for NRL next week.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes this is still a learning rebuild year as far as Gus abd Ciro are concerned.
Mitchell Wood is great ... not sure if his body is NRL ready yet -
but Cassius Tia looked real sharp (& tough) in the only game I saw him play for the Reggies on NSWRLTV. He looked the real deal.

Can someone else who has seen him play more often & (hopefully live) offer their thoughts on this please. (My sample size is just one game).

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
...and they claw one back [16 - 6 just before half time]
Not watching the game - just the scores - but seems Biondi-Odo has been hooked, with Romano Cook into hooker, leaving Sexton to partner O'Neill in the halves. Hopefully he does well, we mount a decent comeback and demands selection for NRL next week.
That was the weirdest reporting on a game ever??!!
We went from 16-0 down ... to Harry Hayes suddenly scoring within the first minute???
Whatever the F happened ...it looked like Sexton was influential.

Tempting CC ... you know you wanna ...but you're just a little unsure.

My advice - give Hutch n Sexton 50/50 mins with the top team this week at training.

Then it's up to you big fella !!!! Ya never know, if ya never go!!!