OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 6 | Post Game | Storm 16 - 14 Bulldogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
...and they claw one back [16 - 6 just before half time]
Not watching the game - just the scores - but seems Biondi-Odo has been hooked, with Romano Cook into hooker, leaving Sexton to partner O'Neill in the halves. Hopefully he does well, we mount a decent comeback and demands selection for NRL next week.
I wonder if Sexton at hooker was to get him used to tackling the big guys. Switch up back to half back when they wanted to win the game.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we will see Hutchinson and sexton playing 7 in the next couple weeks sexton has a lot of speed and is a good half

Hutchinson is not bad cc must see something we are not

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it will happen. They've moved Sexton to 9 in Cup, and they're getting pumped.

O'Neil is playing half (as I think he should) but he still seems some time off.

Ciraldo might do something very Un-Ciraldo-like and pick Taaffe at 7, but more likely he'll go passive and continue with the flailing Hutchison (I would love to be wrong).

Seems this will remain a blind-spot for Ciraldo. Hope the season isn't gone before he makes some positive changes.
So far, other than Tracey to fullback on game day (loved it), he seems to only engage in forced changes. It was a (big) problem last year (eg Perham) and is shaping up into a growing problem this year (with a similar result if it isn't fixed). *fingers crossed* he gets it together, and soon.
Taafe at 7 would be an upgrade from Hutch... hes a capable Half for sure...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
exactly. Turpin played well enough to get a chance at halfback. His defence was awesome.
Now it wasn't lol. Hughes strolled straight through him in the lead up to the storms final try. He's an out and out plodder, shouldn't be anywhere near the 17.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Now it wasn't lol. Hughes strolled straight through him in the lead up to the storms final try. He's an out and out plodder, shouldn't be anywhere near the 17.
Highes can do that to anybody. I remember him carving up Carrigan and Haas. They certainly aren’t plodders.

He was playing in the middle. He axed their forwards. Great game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Highes can do that to anybody. I remember him carving up Carrigan and Haas. They certainly aren’t plodders.

He was playing in the middle. He axed their forwards. Great game.
He's a plodder.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No. But if you say he is a plodder because of something the two best middles in the game have done, than you have a very poor argument.
He's a plodder because he's a plodder.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm the opposite, I don't think I've ever been this content after a loss . Of course I would have preferred the win,but there were plenty of positives.
Well fair enough. Kinda feel the same after so long doing nothing but losing, without even a whimper. At least we are now competitive. Winning most of the game stats and plenty of positives.
However what leaves me hugely frustrated is that both the South’s & Storm losses were games we should have won. Just needed a real game manager to ice the game. How good would 4 wins sound!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk