Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm... still holding faith... but... my god this is testing me...

The good Lord Barrett is testing my faith on Easter Friday
I am sure after the game he is going to get crucified!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo deserved to be dropped has been absolute trash and is a myth
Just hit the like button but I think your comment needs more than just a like. Avo for whatever reason looks scared. No attack no defence. Maybe missing anytime in Reggies is deprimental to his development.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d still go Avo at FB a go. They’ve changed his game too much. He used to want to run the ball. Playing with no time or confidence. But Meaney next best.
Tui and Hoppa on the wing.
Cotric and Allen in Centre.

Good to see Topine get a run. Interesting to see how Renouf goes at Lock.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
60 plus mins of Katoa is going to be painful I guess Topine could play a bit there but you'd assume Katoa would play the bulk of the game.

We mustn't have been able to get a exemption for Dietz.
He is injured.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d still go Avo at FB a go. They’ve changed his game too much. He used to want to run the ball. Playing with no time or confidence. But Meaney next best.
Tui and Hoppa on the wing.
Cotric and Allen in Centre.

Good to see Topine get a run. Interesting to see how Renouf goes at Lock.
Jake would get slapped at fullback right now... I'm okay with him not playing, I just find it funny both him and Allan are copping it for Flanagan's performances.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread he was injured and didn't come back on in the Mounties game. Same with Dietz. He hobbled off and didn't return. So my guess is that both of them are injured and Topine will play hooker.
It looks to me as though, the so called rule changes designed to to speed up the game has also resulted in many more serious injuries, THOUGHTS.
Also I don't recall the last time we had 3 suspended at one time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jake would get slapped at fullback right now... I'm okay with him not playing, I just find it funny both him and Allan are copping it for Flanagan's performances.
Allan played like shit irrespective of Flanagan taking bad options. He wasn't even near half the bombs Milford put up, his efforts in defence were pathetic and he showed zero urgency all game. Plus he was slow as fuck and looked like he didn't want to be there.

He had to get replaced by Meaney. Hopefully this wakes him the fuck up.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
I cant stand sione katoa the **** throws a bunch of forward passes misses a bunch of tackles
Plays like a guy not meant for this game

Then you see him after we have been smashed
Laughing with his eyebrows so far up like he has a talk show to get to and host

fuck off **** after this game no more katoas

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get that some of it has been forced but 3/4 of the spine are different from last week. too much change all at once. this will either work but create issues in the future in that we have so many off contract players in spine. or fail miserably.
Lewis and Meaney were both in the spine last year, so perhaps he is actually trying to create some continuity.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The edge of Waddell Hoppa and Katoa. I shudder to think how many tries will be conceded there. I think Hoppa could be further embarrassed this week.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Allen has not looked interested in getting into the game for mine. Been very underwhelming tbh. I wasn’t the biggest fan of him Coming over but kind of dealt with it. Back to how I originally felt again with him.
Flanno I can persist with for a bit longer, he has the skills but no one around him are stepping up.
Avo, played better under Pay
Hopefully gains some confidence soon, getting dropped won’t help.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The only positive of Lewis coming in is that he has the confidence to just do whatever the fuck he wants and over call Flanagan.
well hopefully he wont and that might help lewis's game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Allan played like shit irrespective of Flanagan taking bad options. He wasn't even near half the bombs Milford put up, his efforts in defence were pathetic and he showed zero urgency all game. Plus he was slow as fuck and looked like he didn't want to be there.

He had to get replaced by Meaney. Hopefully this wakes him the fuck up.
He wasn't near any of the bombs because nobody in our club has heard of kick pressure and let Milford have a fucking picnic before he put one up lol. Baz looks dumb as fuck with a these changes.