Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It looks to me as though, the so called rule changes designed to to speed up the game has also resulted in many more serious injuries, THOUGHTS.
Also I don't recall the last time we had 3 suspended at one time.
100% everyone is saying it.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake would get slapped at fullback right now... I'm okay with him not playing, I just find it funny both him and Allan are copping it for Flanagan's performances.
Nah they both played shite.....much more sloppy than Flanno did.. only worse than them was Floppa.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wasn't near any of the bombs because nobody in our club has heard of kick pressure and let Milford have a fucking picnic before he put one up lol. Baz looks dumb as fuck with a these changes.
Meaney didn't have the same problems. He showed urgency and actually looked like a fullback. Every time they kicked you were worried Allan would fuck it up. You can't blame the coach for everything.

He looks bad for signing Allan in the first place. If he brought Laurie with him we wouldn't be having this discussion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah they both played shite.....much more sloppy than Flanno did.. only worse than them was Floppa.
Flanagan was awful against the Broncos, Jake defenitely the better half. Neither obviously any good, but one defenitely impacted the side negatively more than the other.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Meaney didn't have the same problems. You can't blame the coach for everything. He looks dumb signing Allan in the first place. If he brought Laurie with him we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I can blame.the coach for everything, he's fuckifn shitm

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who writes this stuff? Hopoate and good defender has no place being in the same sentence!

Key match-up
Will Hopoate v Dane Gagai:
The veterans face off with Hopoate eager to contain his opposite centre in Gagai. We know the potency of the whole Rabbitohs left edge but Hopoate is a good defender - he made 26 tackles against the Broncos last weekend despite being in a losing side. Gagai is one try short of 60 for his NRL career so far, and this game presents a first-class opportunity to reach that milestone.

Obviously the guy that wrote that didn't watch the game.. lol

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Referee - Grant Akins' record

Also note Souths record with him.

I guess this all changes this week. At least we didn't get Sutton or Cummins!

Atkins.jpg

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tbaz must have just decided to go with Topine over Dietz I guess .

Topine a better balance. Not as damaging in the running game but way better defensively. Can cover back row and centre as well. I agree with this decision, could well be our 14 option going forward and into next year. I think he is a little too small for back row but could be a really good option as a utility. He looks a really good footballer all round .

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely the team puts in a better performance this week. We're now into round 4 and haven't scored a point in our last 2 games but I feel this is a game we always lift in and it will be our first free to air game of the year. On form we've got NO chance but I've seen us turn things around very quickly in the past. You've also got to consider that Souths played out of their skin to beat their arch rivals in the Roosters and may be complacent and think they just have to turn up go through the motions and they'll pick up an easy win. While I find it hard to see us winning this game I feel it will be a LOT closer than many think. Thankfully we have Thompson back next week so hopefully we've seen the last of Napa for the year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Topine a better balance. Not as damaging in the running game but way better defensively. Can cover back row and centre as well. I agree with this decision, could well be our 14 option going forward and into next year. I think he is a little too small for back row but could be a really good option as a utility. He looks a really good footballer all round .
I don’t mind Topine getting a run at all I just think it means plenty of game time for Katoa who I don’t rate at all.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont hate lewis mate, i just dont rate him, but it is team first so hopefully he proves me wrong.
So do I Steve. So that means Nasheed is the winner....or loser.....
I watched Lewis closely on the weekend on Kayo. The difference between what he has dished up in the past and this last game against raiders is I think he didnt try to do everything his self.
He did do his usually tackling but passed the ball well and not to fancy. He may have matured...Guess its up to him..... He does have the ability to put players through gaps. Hopefully he choses the correct runner.
More so I hope we have some...

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan was awful against the Broncos, Jake defenitely the better half. Neither obviously any good, but one defenitely impacted the side negatively more than the other.
Jake tried ankle tapping one of the Broncos players who was scoring a try. If that play doesn't sum up how reluctant he is to put his body on the line I'm not here.