Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s going to be a long year. Maybe a write off. I think we will improve once we can use some the mountys forward. As to be honest these forwards would struggle against mountys pack. So I’m not going to jump to conclusions until Trent can get some them in the team. As these forwards are passed there used by date. I’ve been a supportive of Avo but he’s another who can’t transfer his junior form to NRL and Hoppa is cooked. So Schoup based of today to replace him once he can. Deitz to hooker. 5/8 I hate to say it but it’s the prince to replace Avo through gritted teeth

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally I can think if the fix this or that or drop someone for someone else. They can fix it.

I am genuinely scratching my head. I cannot see any light in this tunnel.

They are comprehensively so far behind every other team in every aspect of the game.

I try to be optimistic but 2021 is going test that resolve.

Through thick & thin go the Dogs!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what is the answer? What if we play the kids like Schoup? Is that going to permanently destroy their confidence & careers? Time to tell some players that that was the last straw & they won't be re-signed next year & they can start looking now. Start with Hopoate & Napa & there are plenty more as well.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely JAC and Burton will backflip on their deals. Someone else called it above and it completely agree!! Defo backflip coming

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still don't want to drop anyone?
I'm ok with dropping people, but doing so purely because of a poor performance in this context isn't going to solve anything. Changes have to be made, that is for certain, as much for the purpose of trying to find some combos that can instill just that bit of a confidence boost that might get them under way. At the same time any changes that result in even further loss of confidence are to be avoided if possible. Yeah its hard to see how confidence could get even worse at this stage, but it absolutely can. At this stage it is all about wanting to see the bottom of this and get to that moment where things start to bounce back.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trying to track down Ben Roberts right now. Last time I saw him (about a year ago) he was still looking pretty fit. I reckon he might have been up for a field goal this afternoon for Dogs to avoid 2 x 0 in a row. Does anyone know whether we have filled that last roster slot yet? If I can't get Ben interested, I think I have a mobile number for Daniel Holdsworth somewhere ....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm ok with dropping people, but doing so purely because of a poor performance in this context isn't going to solve anything. Changes have to be made, that is for certain, as much for the purpose of trying to find some combos that can instill just that bit of a confidence boost that might get them under way. At the same time any changes that result in even further loss of confidence are to be avoided if possible. Yeah its hard to see how confidence could get even worse at this stage, but it absolutely can. At this stage it is all about wanting to see the bottom of this and get to that moment where things start to bounce back.
Surely it can't get more rock bottom than this..