Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What fucking curse has been placed on our club
The curse of surrender. The curse of allowing ourselves to be bullied. To allow ourselves to be instruments for political correctness. "Dogs hold sway with ethnics. Let's get them propping up the political agenda first." The supporters don't, but our administrators deserve it, and more, excruciating outcomes you'd associate with mystical forms of curses.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't say we my bro, the whole kennel knows how to use JAC, the assistant doesn't.

What puzzles me is why doesn't Gus step in and fix these obvious errors?

Gus won't try to interfere

He knows if we still play shit, fans/board/ ciraldo will blame him for poor performance.

Plus Gus has no idea himself. If he did he wouldn't have sacked Cleary for Griffin at Panthers.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have seen from tigers and St George they will leap frog us in 2024,tigers effort has amazing.
The bulldogs shit show will
Continue into 2024.

Positive note summer Olympics 2024 will be here.

Canterbury should place an add for an attacking coach with experience .

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights +110 and we gave them 108 of them
Good point but we did owe them after they took Klemmer of us and how many premierships have they won since they came into the competition, in 1988, compared to us?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not buying into this curse on the club nonsense, but there are a number of reasons why we are as bad as we currently are and the first is the least of those and that is a fall out from the Des back ended contracts era which has had a flow on effect as player managers and their clients know that if you're more than half decent player at another club and you're nearing the end of your contract, the Bulldogs will pay overs for you.

We've bought talented players who have won Grand Finals with other clubs and have let go players who are not only killing it at their new clubs they are now more chance of winning a Grand Final than they were if they stayed with the 'Dogs. Take D W-Z and Montoya for the Warriors they now look like rep players compared to when they played for us. Then you look at how well Meany is playing for the Storm. Averillo will be a star for the Dolphins next year.

We're buying players on huge $$$$$ that are milking us for what they're really worth and it's been going on for years now. On top of that we're being crucified by NRL officials on and off the field.

I heard Gus say, when he came to the club, that we're going to nurture our very own talent and it starts at grass roots level, it takes time, but we're not Penrith Gus and probably never will be. Rugby League heartland is out west and when we were dominant in the past, we had a lot of depth and talent right through the whole club with a few good signings that saw us win premierships in the '80's and few more after that with last being 2004.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the first try against us and that's all on Burton, what a pathetic attempt at a tackle and as some kennelers are asking and I agree how is it this player who continues to do fuck all never gets dropped, I'm not picking on the guy as yesterday there were numerous players who didn't even try but Burton needs to be dropped for his continuous shit he keeps bringing every game.
I don't care he was the wonderkid from the panther's he's bog average here and he's on big $, he has had enough time to improve and yet he hasn't so drop the **** until he earns his spot back in FG but guaranteed he will never be dropped by ciruldud!!!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Knights differential is currently +110 and 102 of those points are from playing the Bulldogs

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the first try against us and that's all on Burton, what a pathetic attempt at a tackle and as some kennelers are asking and I agree how is it this player who continues to do fuck all never gets dropped, I'm not picking on the guy as yesterday there were numerous players who didn't even try but Burton needs to be dropped for his continuous shit he keeps bringing every game.
I don't care he was the wonderkid from the panther's he's bog average here and he's on big $, he has had enough time to improve and yet he hasn't so drop the **** until he earns his spot back in FG but guaranteed he will never be dropped by ciruldud!!!
Pick your quality replacement:

1. Flanagan to 5/8?
2. Rajab to 5/8?
3. Perham fullback, Averillo 5/8?
4. Hayward to 5/8?

Do you now see what the issue is?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not buying into this curse on the club nonsense, but there are a number of reasons why we are as bad as we currently are and the first is the least of those and that is a fall out from the Des back ended contracts era which has had a flow on effect as player managers and their clients know that if you're more than half decent player at another club and you're nearing the end of your contract, the Bulldogs will pay overs for you.

We've bought talented players who have won Grand Finals with other clubs and have let go players who are not only killing it at their new clubs they are now more chance of winning a Grand Final than they were if they stayed with the 'Dogs. Take D W-Z and Montoya for the Warriors they now look like rep players compared to when they played for us. Then you look at how well Meany is playing for the Storm. Averillo will be a star for the Dolphins next year.

We're buying players on huge $$$$$ that are milking us for what they're really worth and it's been going on for years now. On top of that we're being crucified by NRL officials on and off the field.

I heard Gus say, when he came to the club, that we're going to nurture our very own talent and it starts at grass roots level, it takes time, but we're not Penrith Gus and probably never will be. Rugby League heartland is out west and when we were dominant in the past, we had a lot of depth and talent right through the whole club with a few good signings that saw us win premierships in the '80's and few more after that with last being 2004.
YES Des did a ot of harm to our club, with those back ended contracts. But IMO the bigest harm was done by the so called recruitment guru, Cleal he recruited nothing, he had areal vendeta against our club due to the treatment his son, and IMO he caused us as much or even more long term harm than the back ended deals.
We may not be cursed club but we have some real enemies in the RL world, who will do as much harm as they can to our club, and that is 1 reason why we have trouble recruiting and retaining players, and some of our recruits only come for the money and when they do they are only half hearted.
I know 1 thing and that is when people associate with haters they often pick up the desease themselves.
Realicating the club (might) solve some of our problems but it will creat a lot of others.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Couldn't even finish watching this rubble, our side showed fight for a total of about a minute after getting sodomized 66-0 then decided to just roll over and spread for a total score of 108-6.

I feel for every fan who forked out hard earned coin and spent their time traveling and enduring that game tbh

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent been as critical as others in relation to Ciraldo because you can only polish a turd so much.

But there were 2 unforgivable selection errors yesterday :

1. Starting Thommo - honestly, what was he thinking ? He hasnt played in 12 months but decides to throw him at the start ffs. Sit him on the bench until some of the sting has gone out of the game. Cost us 2 tries at the start.

2. Playing JAC at right wing - this is monumentally stupid. I dont even think the fox is a first grader on the right wing. He offers zero threat there and it also negates his combination with Burton. Wilson is a right hand ball carrier as well so surely they are suited to opposite sides. The fox scores those 2 tries that Wilson bombed yesterday and the game is completely different.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-2 in premierships
Nah wrong. Try 3 -1

Bulldogs ‘88 ‘95 & ‘04.

Can’t count ‘97 when the Super League wars split into 2 competitions. Broncos won the Super League premiership in ‘97 and Knights won the ARL premiership both were depleted competitions with far fewer teams in both.