Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah wrong. Try 3 -1

Bulldogs ‘88 ‘95 & ‘04.

Can’t count ‘97 when the Super League wars split into 2 competitions. Broncos won the Super League premiership in ‘97 and Knights won the ARL premiership both were depleted competitions with far fewer teams in both.
That’s pathetic. We are and we’re the strongest club of the 80s and 90s. They were starting out. Should be 6-2

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I gave up after the first try when Gagai strolled through. Seriously I have seen better defence in under 5s. Knew it was going to be a flogging so I turned it off. Wasn’t worth wasting my time!!

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their 97 has more worth than our 2004 unfair advantage from 2002 but meh we should have 6-8
There was no unfair advantage from 2002.

That was another blight on the game. Rorters won 2 premierships with a virtual rep squad that would’ve been a long way over the salary cap but they had the luxury of getting around that with TPA’s from Uncle Nick.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im still pissed off with yesterdays performance :tearsofjoy:.
Oh well what can you do. Suns out, 26 degrees, time to catch some rays and enjoy the day

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im still pissed off with yesterdays performance :tearsofjoy:.
Oh well what can you do. Suns out, 26 degrees, time to catch some rays and enjoy the day
Yeah me too mate. I am from newy and all my family go for the knights so that was a tough one to take.

Especially when :

1. It was our best lineup all year ;
2. We were coming off a win and a bye ;
3. The knights had to travel to and from perth last week ; and
4. We actually started quiet well.

To crumble like we did was inexcusable.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When one of our "stars" suck, the rest of the "stars" suck also and NEVER step up.

That's another worry that nobody has mentioned yet.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the first try against us and that's all on Burton, what a pathetic attempt at a tackle and as some kennelers are asking and I agree how is it this player who continues to do fuck all never gets dropped, I'm not picking on the guy as yesterday there were numerous players who didn't even try but Burton needs to be dropped for his continuous shit he keeps bringing every game.
I don't care he was the wonderkid from the panther's he's bog average here and he's on big $, he has had enough time to improve and yet he hasn't so drop the **** until he earns his spot back in FG but guaranteed he will never be dropped by ciruldud!!!
That's the thing....many have come to the realisation that he won't make it as high level 5/8th or half and the immediate thought is to move him to the centres.

But he isn't showing any signs that he is any better than Kiraz, Burns, Averillo or even Alamoti in the centres.

His running game is puss, and his defence is..... (looking for a word worse than puss).

He certainly cannot pass to save himself, so other than getting the ball and kicking, what is he good for?

Drop him. And send a message out to the whole team about the standards this club is striving for.

Josh Morris was dropped to reserves and it woke him up. Time to do the same.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah me too mate. I am from newy and all my family go for the knights so that was a tough one to take.

Especially when :

1. It was our best lineup all year ;
2. We were coming off a win and a bye ;
3. The knights had to travel to and from perth last week ; and
4. We actually started quiet well.

To crumble like we did was inexcusable.
The game was over after 5 minutes. I'm not sure how that's starting well.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES Des did a ot of harm to our club, with those back ended contracts. But IMO the bigest harm was done by the so called recruitment guru, Cleal he recruited nothing, he had areal vendeta against our club due to the treatment his son, and IMO he caused us as much or even more long term harm than the back ended deals.
We may not be cursed club but we have some real enemies in the RL world, who will do as much harm as they can to our club, and that is 1 reason why we have trouble recruiting and retaining players, and some of our recruits only come for the money and when they do they are only half hearted.
I know 1 thing and that is when people associate with haters they often pick up the desease themselves.
Realicating the club (might) solve some of our problems but it will creat a lot of others.
Rubbish.
SC issues and effects are long gone.

Quite simply, we have thrown some money into stupid aquisitions and they haven't come off.

That's all.

We have neglected the spine and continue to do so.

So don't expect any change to this 10th - 17th ladder spot for afew more years to come.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please don't tell me that with Preston out, Okunbur comes back in and starts for two weeks. He shouldn't even be in the 17