Official Round 24 - Bulldog v Knight - Team List + Match Page Discussion

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the definition of a hip drop tackle. Unfortunately you just can’t do it even though it’s been around s for decades.
I'm in 2 minds with this.....
It certainly was a hip drop.

But I'm just wondering whether there should be no sin bin rule when there's only 1 tackler vs multiple tacklers, but it also applies if there's an injury or not.

In the case of Preston, it was just a player being swung while making a regulation side tackle. However, as it resulted in a bad injury, with injured player gone for the game, it should also be automatic sin bin.

IMO when there's 2 or more in the tackle, you should be binned for a hip drop.

But if it's 1 tackler, no intent, and no injury to the attacker (forcing him off), then it should just be a warning and penalty.

NRL has ruined the game by making it a black and white call on too many innocuous and accidental cases that are no worse than a classic cover tackle.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah me too mate. I am from newy and all my family go for the knights so that was a tough one to take.

Especially when :

1. It was our best lineup all year ;
2. We were coming off a win and a bye ;
3. The knights had to travel to and from perth last week ; and
4. We actually started quiet well.

To crumble like we did was inexcusable.
I just dont know what to think anymore. Its been talk for the last 5-6 years.
I tried to buy in for this season but Ive seen nothing to fill me with condidence.
I need to learn to detatch but I find it difficult after 40+ years.
Bring on the off season I say.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game was over after 5 minutes. I'm not sure how that's starting well.
Thats your opinion.

My opinion is that we started well.

There have been games this year where we havent shown any intent from the kick off. Yesterday I though we dominated the first 5 minutes and would have scored a try if JAC was playing on the left wing where he should have been.

After that we crumbled

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats your opinion.

There have been games this year where we havent shown any intent from the kick off. Yesterday I though we dominated the first 5 minutes and would have scored a try if JAC was playing on the left wing where he should have been.

After that we crumbled
So the final score would have been 42-12.

What’s next, we started strong form the sheds. Aaddo Carr came out flying through the tunnel, the forwards really showed dominance as they ran onto their starting positions. Fuck me

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah - I got sick of the commentators counting beyond a century to zero to stick it to the fans. Stupid dickheads.
That was actually fucked and unprofessional!

We get it, they scored 66-0 and it was fuckin WEEKS ago!

Why don’t they ever mention the hiding Cowboys got when the Tigers thrashed them or when other teams have high points conceited against them?

We are always portrayed like enemies and villains in the NRL and I’ve actually fuckin had it

When is Gus or the board going to step in and tell them to back the fuck off us

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What’s next, we started strong form the sheds. Aaddo Carr came out flying through the tunnel, the forwards really showed dominance as they ran onto their starting positions. Fuck me
That’s fucking got nothing to do with what I was saying. I just said our start showed some intensity. Some games this year we have showed no intensity from the first minute.

Not once did I say I was happy we played well for 5 minutes. I actually said the other 75 minutes were inexcusable

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s fucking got nothing to do with what I was saying. I just said our start showed some intensity. Some games this year we have showed no intensity from the first minute.

Not once did I say I was happy we played well for 5 minutes. I actually said the other 75 minutes were inexcusable
If we showed intensity for 5 mins where tpj had two good runs and were piss poor for 75 it cancels out the 5 min Not worth mentioning imho.

Aren’t you sick of hearing Go out and win the second half ! Wtf is that shit, the level of piss poor standard our coach has come to accept is just beyond comprehension

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The score shotldve been 62 nil. We’re just lucky Hastings went down. Of course this absolute loser mentality that infects this fan base wants to celebrate “winning the 2nd half” out of a huge drubbing. Fuck me indeed

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we showed intensity for 5 mins where tpj had two good runs and were piss poor for 75 it cancels out the 5 min Not worth mentioning imho.

Aren’t you sick of hearing Go out and win the second half ! Wtf is that shit, the level of piss poor standard our coach has come to accept is just beyond comprehension
Pet hate when a loser coach makes a loser statement like "we won the 2nd half" or "we lost the 2nd half 12-6".

Pure loser mentality and it's putrid and pathetic.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is that not a try, ball is on ground fingers spread over the ball for down ward pressure and no seperation prior to this frame20230814_151504.jpg

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kiraz is not a centre
He is doing a job there because of our dud roster, he is an out and out winger

If we experiment with Crichton at fullback I am going to lose it. Our centres fucking suck!

Kiraz & Burns are not the answer so we better put Crichton & Xerri there next season. If those two don't start at centre I will be calling for Ciraldud to go.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
How is that not a try, ball is on ground fingers spread over the ball for down ward pressure and no separation prior to this frameView attachment 79312
Bunker had a really bad game on the weekend. Very inconsistent. Cost us 18 points. This 12 point play plus the Leo Thompson try. We still played shocking, individual mistakes cost us at least 3 tries (Thompson/Burton-Gagai, Thompson-Gamble, Averillo-Hetherington) but the team put in no effort in the second half to try and get some points back.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bunker had a really bad game on the weekend. Very inconsistent. Cost us 18 points. This 12 point play plus the Leo Thompson try. We still played shocking, individual mistakes cost us at least 3 tries (Thompson/Burton-Gagai, Thompson-Gamble, Averillo-Hetherington) but the team put in no effort in the second half to try and get some points back.
Yes all true

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is doing a job there because of our dud roster, he is an out and out winger

If we experiment with Crichton at fullback I am going to lose it. Our centres fucking suck!

Kiraz & Burns are not the answer so we better put Crichton & Xerri there next season. If those two don't start at centre I will be calling for Ciraldud to go.
I agree. The selections are atrocious. JAC should be in his preferred left wing. He would of swallowed those 2 passes to score. Skelton should be on the right wing where he plays in NSW cup.

Wilson should be scrapped. NSW cup only

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats your opinion.

After that we crumbled
We can't be accepting a 5 minute performance. We shouldn't be bringing that up as a positive imo.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't be accepting a 5 minute performance. We shouldn't be bringing that up as a positive imo.
Mate I didn’t mention it as any sort of positive. It was completely the opposite.

I was responding to a poster who said how pissed off he was. I agreed and said one of the reasons was that we started well and it gave me false hope that we would actually compete.

There were no positives yesterday