Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pls Josh isn’t the answer. He’s washed up now, best years are well behind him. We need a lot more.
Never said he was the answer but he’d solve one of the MANY problems we currently face.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never said he was the answer but he’d solve one of the MANY problems we currently face.
He would but only for this year. We need to somehow prepare for 2020 & 2021. This years a write off..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad fact behind Sonny Bill's tribute

All Blacks star Sonny Bill Williams was reportedly on his way to meet with Canterbury Bulldogs players when news broke of the terrorist act in Christchurch.

According to News Corp, Williams was on his way to meet with the Bulldogs players to hand out jerseys to club’s rookies who were to make their NRL debuts in the massive loss to the Warriors on Saturday.

But following his emotional Instagram post, Williams decided head home, telling his former club he was too distraught to attend.

“It was such a tragic and emotional event and everyone understood the need for Sonny to be with his family,” said Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill.

“Our players are no different to anyone else,” Hill said.

“It’s extremely sad and we’re all horrified.

“The club’s thoughts are with the people of Christchurch.

“We have a few players of New Zealand heritage who are feeling it most. We’re just supporting each other.”

Williams is the first Muslim player to represent the All Blacks and found it hard to comprehend the atrocity.

“I’m just deeply saddened, saddened that this would happen in New Zealand,” he said in his video message.

“I just heard the news and I couldn’t put into words how I’m feeling right now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...onny-bills-tribute/ar-BBUQ0rz?ocid=spartanntp

Why does our club still want to have ANYTHING to do with this man after all the trouble he caused?
It’s the same club that had one of its board members in a Warriors polo shirt at the game today....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s the same club that had one of its board members in a Warriors polo shirt at the game today....
It was old boys day at the warriors (25 year anniversary) and price did play for them for many years..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was old boys day at the warriors (25 year anniversary) and price did play for them for many years..
If we weren’t the team playing then fine but it doesn’t sit well with me.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Went to the game today, and what an embarrassment that was. Really didn't see that coming.

The amount of poor one on one misses were just unacceptable for first grade. Really showed what life is going to be like without the Morris twins especially defensively.

We have a very long way to go if we're going to match it with any team this year. Dear oh dear.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sack pay. Thats all i have to say. He has not learnt from last year at all. Sack half the squad too.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So fucking stupid that we have Antonelli and some other wankers at the helm... when we could have asked Ennis to help us along with Kimmorley. Our whole football department is shit.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we weren’t the team playing then fine but it doesn’t sit well with me.
100% anyone that says otherwise is fucked in the head... HE IS OUR BOARD MEMBER FFS ... you can celebrate old boys day in casual business attire you know. Price is a fuckwit for doing what he did... we are a struggling club and shit like this just makes us look weak and stupid. Price can now fuck off for all i care.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Had us coming 13 or 14 this year so this game wasn’t to hard to take. I think some of you got a bit disillusional and thought we could make the top 8 ahhahaah the hardest thing for me about this game was the effort from the boys.

IRON AIDEN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfit Sausage Dogs..... Nrl legends over 50's would beat this team in fitness and speed...

Sack the new skills coach ! sack Grimaldi ...... What do we do all off season , kick to the corners hope for the best .... All on you Country Potatoe Bumbkin Pay ! .... No skills No fitness No Hunger No Game Plan No speed No Kicking Game utter Rubbish DOGS OF SPOONS !

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was waiting for this thread lol..took longer than expected haha, be a good discussion anyway.!

For myself.. well I’m going to see how we shape up next week, maybe the week after or the week after that before I go asking for his head and go all guns blazing.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Speaking of NRL legends .... I reckon Patten would put in a better performance than some of our outside backs.. No Joke, I watched him in the legends game and looks like he still got it.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad you only average one post a year. I bet they are all corkers!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Deano would be getting a very good nights sleep tonight! He needs a big reaction next week or the pressure will build. It wasn’t so much the loss today but the attitude and effort that was the biggest concern for me.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some right d*ckheads on here.

I'll be leading the charge if we're playing like this a quarter of the way through the season. But after 1 game? SOmetimes I question whether some of your should support sporting teams ...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this would be the MEGA "SACK PAY" thread for 2019.

Mods can merge all the subsequent threads into this one.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfit Sausage Dogs..... Nrl legends over 50's would beat this team in fitness and speed...

Sack the new skills coach ! sack Grimaldi ...... What do we do all off season , kick to the corners hope for the best .... All on you Country Potatoe Bumbkin Pay ! .... No skills No fitness No Hunger No Game Plan No speed No Kicking Game utter Rubbish DOGS OF SPOONS !
Give yourself a fucking uppercut! Seriously?? Your a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.