Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Team
Our starting middle is too defensive with not enough go forward to get quality field position.

The Coach
If we don't win the next 2 games against Parra and Tigers and be competitive against the Storm in round 4. The board need to take desisive action and abort project Pay.

Pros
- Foran looked good physically but didn't get opportunities in attack.
- Fualao and CHN looked good.

The obviose
- Montoya's a defensive liability, seems everyone know this except for Pay!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most disappointing was that the forwards, who were meant to be our strength didn't turn up. Overall its is a weak to average squad - last year we could blame the previous regime now the blame can be shared. Note that zac saddler was playing Sydney shield against east Campbelltown today. Meaney appears to have been a signing of desperation and hope- a brad abbey lite, as was olive at the beginning of last year, defends like brenko lee on a bad day.
If you defend like Brenko Lee on a bad day you are absolutely fucked.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh by golly, what an observation! You my friend, are a footballing genius! No crap we had a better team, and concurrently a better coach! My point is, at the time our side on paper was worse than a lot of teams at the time, and we still made a grand final. That comes down to the manager providing a platform, and the players executing accordingly. Under Des, our attack was sometimes iffy but what could not be disputed was our defence. Under Pay, defence seems to be non-existent. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue, but please stop making a fool of yourself and stop replying with things that are so painstakingly obvious that my 6 year old cousin could point out.
Keep editing ......
We would of got flogged today if des was in charge too
Shit roster, from trying to clear the books
Dessy got beat 20-6 by the fucking tigers today, why didn’t he install that defence your talking about seen his brilliant
Why, coz a shit roster is a shit roster and that’s my point

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why renew others and release jmoz esp when the centre position players we have are so thin
Simple.....they wanted more than we could pay them......they could get more elsewhere and the club wasn't about to stand in their way if they found a better offer from rival clubs......Happens to every club, just the way it is these days.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simple.....they wanted more than we could pay them......they could get more elsewhere and the club wasn't about to stand in their way if they found a better offer from rival clubs......Happens to every club, just the way it is these days.
No he wanted 2 years we offered 1
That’s the only reason, straight from jmoz

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant agree that Foran was way better than Lewis. At 1.2 million he is supposed to be the major half yet Lachlen did all the kicking. Defensively both did a heap today. Offensively I only saw Lachlan organising anything not Foran. Lewis made errors today for sure and it was the worst game from him in his 10 game career because of errors but no way Foran did anything that made me reconsider my opinion of him. He did some blindside runs and tackles. JMK can do that and cost us $120k a year.
Foran only wants two things, the money and to play with Des........that's why he was brought over before the board collapse......the club tried to release him on medical grounds last year but he dug his heals in......why wouldn't he when he's on that sort of money.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wanted to see more of Napa, I remember him being hard an aggressive when with the rorters, he always Stood out An was intimidating.. he had few good hits, but seemed more tame than anything. Can’t wait to see him come back into his own as the season progresses!! We need him to make a mark.
No doubt he will get more game time but after an interrupted pre season he gave two twenty minute stints which were okay but nothing out of the ordinary. We need him firing on all cylinders with that mongrel that he has displayed in the past but needs match fitness to do so.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warriors let everyone in for free today.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay was made to look good because the last month and a half of football that was played last season when there was nothing to lose and zero pressure on his football team.
Maybe they're still getting over "Mad Monday".

Last edited:

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
Where was all the ad lib footy that the players kept saying they were getting coached to do? Non-existent.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he wanted 2 years we offered 1
That’s the only reason, straight from jmoz
Pretty much what I said......they wanted more from the club over 2 years but we could only offer them a 1 year deal......would've loved for them to be still playing with us but they have to look after themselves and their family.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about all this talk of how we were super fit & looking good etc etc during the offseason ?... 10 minutes into the game and we looked like a team who'd defended 10 straight sets.
Wtf is doing in the gym.... get all the fukn old bags out and bring in some fresh ideas. Our team is fuckin limp.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad fact behind Sonny Bill's tribute

All Blacks star Sonny Bill Williams was reportedly on his way to meet with Canterbury Bulldogs players when news broke of the terrorist act in Christchurch.

According to News Corp, Williams was on his way to meet with the Bulldogs players to hand out jerseys to club’s rookies who were to make their NRL debuts in the massive loss to the Warriors on Saturday.

But following his emotional Instagram post, Williams decided head home, telling his former club he was too distraught to attend.

“It was such a tragic and emotional event and everyone understood the need for Sonny to be with his family,” said Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill.

“Our players are no different to anyone else,” Hill said.

“It’s extremely sad and we’re all horrified.

“The club’s thoughts are with the people of Christchurch.

“We have a few players of New Zealand heritage who are feeling it most. We’re just supporting each other.”

Williams is the first Muslim player to represent the All Blacks and found it hard to comprehend the atrocity.

“I’m just deeply saddened, saddened that this would happen in New Zealand,” he said in his video message.

“I just heard the news and I couldn’t put into words how I’m feeling right now.”

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...onny-bills-tribute/ar-BBUQ0rz?ocid=spartanntp

Why does our club still want to have ANYTHING to do with this man after all the trouble he caused?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty much what I said......they wanted more from the club over 2 years but we could only offer them a 1 year deal......would've loved for them to be still playing with us but they have to look after themselves and their family.
Sorry thought u meant more money

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If pay picks the same side he is kidding himself
That’s all I know
I can hack a loss round 1 no issue but not a 40 point shellacking and an inept display like that.
He needs to balance the side immediately and he has stated all preseason that the team will be picked on form.
Over to your mr pay

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this week couldnt have got any worst.

Cant wait for it to be over, looking forward to Monday.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can we plz get josh Morris back again
And why did mr pay split Holland and smith combo
Pls Josh isn’t the answer. He’s washed up now, best years are well behind him. We need a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.