Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No they didn't - they gave away the remaining unsold seats from 11am to kick off.
Thanks for your correction haha but yes they DID let people in for free (not everyone) but indeed some lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pointless going on about these calls. We could of easily been penalised when Crighton made a dangerous challenge on Fusitua in the first half. Good teams overcome dud calls.
I acknowledged we were bad mate. This is the thing. We get dud calls constantly and the players just still don't know how to overcome them its so bad.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They never seemed to recover from the horrible overturn of the line drop out call about 25 minutes in. We were well in the game up until then (only down 4-0). They scored off the next set and then got a penalty after that and scored again.

The lack of fight was a worry but as you said its only round 1.

The real test is this week. If we get dusted by Parra and the effort is poor then it will be hard to see us getting off the bottom of the ladder all year
A big percentage of our 2018 games started and ended with the exact same scenarios...we are a very brittle team.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A big percentage of our 2018 games started and ended with the exact same scenarios...we are a very brittle team.
Yep I agree. We need things to go our way against good sides to be competitive and that certainly didnt happen on the weekend. I was just bemused by that decision to overturn the line drop out. Montoya clearly didnt touch it and they scored off the next set.

Parra ran pretty hard yesterday but they will be without brown who is their best forward. Even though its only round 2 its still a huge game for us

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I acknowledged we were bad mate. This is the thing. We get dud calls constantly and the players just still don't know how to overcome them its so bad.
Exactly mate, whatever can go against us usually will, I think we notice it a lot more because it’s our team, but most of the 50/50 calls etc go in the oppositions favour..!! It’s something we need to be able to overcome, mentally for the players it would be hard to take week after week.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What happens if we put 30 on Parra?
Would everyone still be saying the same thing?
We played shit against the warriors and They deserve to be criticise,
but it would be funny if we smash Parra and see the comments after the game lol.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
but it would be funny if we smash Parra and see the comments after the game lol.
The way parra played I wouldn’t be surprised if we got smashed 60-0 lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And what if Parra put 30 on us? We will find out this week if the Warriors match was just one of those games or if we have big problems.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we can't beat Parra without Brown in the squad, I think I'll be done watching our games for this season

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
And what if Parra put 30 on us? We will find out this week if the Warriors match was just one of those games or if we have big problems.
If Parra put 30 on us , then panic station and will sack everyone

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This weeks comments are justified and if we win next week those comments will be as well (a lot happier lol).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly mate, whatever can go against us usually will, I think we notice it a lot more because it’s our team, but most of the 50/50 calls etc go in the oppositions favour..!! It’s something we need to be able to overcome, mentally for the players it would be hard to take week after week.
Its highlighted with our team because we know, and the players know, and realise, there's no x factor player gonna pull something outa the bag to get us some points. It's all gonna be toil and graft and a ref suddenly finding fault with team mates when opposition do exact same wrestle. A penalty, a 7 tackle play, points, repeat.
That must be hard. Asap we get a Holmes, Munster etc runner our fortunes will change and players will have faith in their own role being enough.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to Hasler and cleal, we've missed out on big names, lost big names and ended with no name players! 90% of our team wouldn't make it into most of the other first grade teams! This is where we're at in this moment of time, we need to accept that and I think most us do! What most of us won't accept is heartless, no effort, no fight and no backbone performances like last week, it was pathetic and if the entire club doesn't pull their finger out and start making some tough decisions we can rest assured we will be mediocre for a very, very long time!

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hello The Kennel Family,

I wanted to share and discuss the stats from this weeks Canterbury Cup match:

https://www.nswrl.com.au/siteassets...ats-amazing/rd-1/warriors-v-bulldogs-rd-1.pdf

No surprises who the top performers were:

• Ogden: 54mins, 201m (54 PCM), 19 runs, 1TA, 1LBA, 1 TB, 2OL, 22tackles (3M, 1 ineffective), 7 Decoy Runs, 1 Error.
  • Meany: 80 Mins, 1 Try, 140m (34 PCM), 11 runs, 3 TBs, 6 Tackles (0 missed),
  • Martin: 66 Mins, 3/3 Goals, 131m (53PCM), 14 runs, 3 TBs, 1 OL, 24 Tackles (4m, 2 ineffective), 1 Decoy run.
Also good to see Harper and Katoa perform well, and Roumanos get a meat pie off the bench.

Halves seemed to produce, Cogger doing the majority of the kicking.

Off the back of this week, there's no way you keep Ogden, Meany and Martin out of the first grade team.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get pumped by Parra, then we need to borrow Ricky's overhead projector and make some changes.
I felt sick to my stomach watching the atrocity on Saturday which I had been eagerly awaiting for six months.

How embarrassing that our work had a wear your jersey for charity day on Friday and I paraded around in my dogs jersey when I was surrounded by Parra jerseys.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs further proof of how useless completion rates are guess who had the highest for Round 1? The Bulldogs on 88%!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bring in Ogden and Martin into the 17 for sure..

Dont mind giving Meaney a run on the wing to ease him into FG - like that did with RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.