Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's see....salary cap for 2018 is $9,400,000. Cronk, Tedesco, Pearce on combined wages of $2,850,000 leaves $6,550,000 to be shared between the remaining 27 players that they need to have in their top 30 squad...that averages out at $242,592.59 per player.........some are on $500,000 or more and some are on $350,000 or more...mmm......

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that not make sense ? They want Pearce to stay. He’s on 800K. If he leaves, and someone is willing to pay his wage, it frees up his salary. It’s not rocket science.
It's called taking the piss if he said that. It's quite clear that he and the other journos are in Nick's pocket.

If you seriously think the Roosters are under the cap and will have a further 800k to buy other players if he leaves, then you obviously work in the NRL' s salary cap audit team.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’d rather a washed up injury prone head f@ck in K.Foran who hasn’t played well in 3 years over the Dally M half of the year, Australian no 7, premiership winner in Cronk ?
You are a fool of the highest order !
Quality half playing well for 5 years vs quality half playing well for 2 years, I know which option I'd prefer.

Btw how the hell would you know that Foran is washed up, busted and won't play well again. Just like there is no guarantee Cronk won't suffer any major injuries either.

If you want to talk about fools, get a reality check on the Roosters squad and their supposed cap compliance.

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see....salary cap for 2018 is $9,400,000. Cronk, Tedesco, Pearce on combined wages of $2,850,000 leaves $6,550,000 to be shared between the remaining 27 players that they need to have in their top 30 squad...that averages out at $242,592.59 per player.........some are on $500,000 or more and some are on $350,000 or more...mmm......
Let’s say JWH and Cordner are on $1.5 million (probably on more), Keary and Friend another $1.5 (again probably more), that leaves just over $ 3.5 million between 23 players... this is getting funnier!!!!

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s say JWH and Cordner are on $1.5 million (probably on more), Guerra and Friend another $1.5 (again probably more), that leaves just over $ 3.5 million between 23 players... this is getting funnier!!!!
Add Fingerson on another $500K and then you have $3million amongst 22 players....all of a sudden the $242,000 average is $136,636.00 (nearly half) for the other 22 players.....now we are getting really interesting!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wheres the talk about the nrl not registering the contract until roosters are cap compliant, like we heard for months with Foran and Woods. Surely there's fk all chance they are under the cap right now. Fkn sombrero.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add Fingerson on another $500K and then you have $3million amongst 22 players....all of a sudden the $242,000 average is $136,636.00 (nearly half) for the other 22 players.....now we are getting really interesting!!
Ferguson is not registered at $500k, lol, let’s say it’s $300k, Mitchell on $150k (I’m giving them benefit of doubt), Tupou on $300k, Gordon on $250k, Napa on $250k that’s $1.25 million, Aubusson could be on $250k. Which leaves $2 million for 17 players... That’s leaves average of $117, 647!

Last edited:

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What bunch of sooks! I don't want Cronk. What cheats. He should come here... what cry babies. Cronk wanted the Roosters and he made the deal. The club attracts good players. Other clubs are a rabble with player revolts, bad financially and are not competitive. Cronk wanted to find a strong club and he got it. Stop the crying ladies!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely a roosters firesale... who is worth picking up for cheap?
No-one! Let the Roosters get busted for salary cap breaches. Surely the NRL can't register the contracts without players leaving? Surely?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people keep on saying they have lost, such and such, and such and such the Salary Cap is for 25 players. So if 4-5 leave they have to replace them with 4-5 players under the cap. So you can't say Player 1 was $400K, Player 2 was $200K, Player 3 was $300K so we can replace him with 1 player worth $900K they stilll need to allow for 2 more players under the salary cap of 25 players.
It's now 30 players

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wheres the talk about the nrl not registering the contract until roosters are cap compliant, like we heard for months with Foran and Woods. Surely there's fk all chance they are under the cap right now. Fkn sombrero.
Sombrero doesn't begin to cover it!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
These guys have been rorting the cap for over 2 decades. I don’t know why anyone would be surprised that they can buy whoever they want.
They have made a mockery of the NRL salary cap . They were also over the cap when we got caught in 2002 and when Melbourne has their titles stripped .
The salary cap has not worked because clubs like the Rorters and the Broncos found ways to circumvent it a long long time ago.

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cronk and all the players are just as corrupt as the clubs. They know exactly where the money is coming from and thus are involved and should be targeted if caught. Free boat here, payment to get an apartment no names, or buying your mum a café. Should all be dealt with if caught.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On fox last night Cronk did say that the negotiations were confidential, thought how about that, did he mean that the agreement between him and the rotters was confidential even as far as the NRL was concerned.
While on the subject some years ago the Rotters threatened to take the matter of the salary cap to the high court, because it was a restriction on trade. If they did I believe that they would have won, and we would now have no cap at all and probably less than a 10 team comp.
I believe that what the rotters wanted was unlimited TPA's knowing that they had a lot of wealthy people around the club, hence were much better placed than all the other clubs as far as providing TPA's for their players.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha... read the quote in bold and understand it! I don’t care what he does, what I’m talking about has nothing to do with him! Let’s discuss $1.8 million the roosters are paying for a halfback, how can the roosters and NRL justify it! That’s the corrupt part! Just because the NRL say it’s ok, it doesn’t mean I have to believe them! Do you think if we signed a halfback for $1.8 million (that’s 20% of the salary cap next season) the NRL would be ok with it!
Difference is, the Bulldogs have payed way overs for its players. How much coin did they pay a winger in Brett Morris ? What about Eastwood, Mybe. The list is endless. What about Foran? He hasn’t played a full season since he was at Manly, and that wasn’t even his last year. He is shaping as a possible dud buy. I hope for your sake he can rediscover his 2011-2014 form when he was outstanding.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On fox last night Cronk did say that the negotiations were confidential, thought how about that, did he mean that the agreement between him and the rotters was confidential even as far as the NRL was concerned.
While on the subject some years ago the Rotters threatened to take the matter of the salary cap to the high court, because it was a restriction on trade. If they did I believe that they would have won, and we would now have no cap at all and probably less than a 10 team comp.
I believe that what the rotters wanted was unlimited TPA's knowing that they had a lot of wealthy people around the club, hence were much better placed than all the other clubs as far as providing TPA's for their players.
Uncle nic is worth over half a billion, he can say to anyplayer come to the roosters the rest will sort itself out wink wink. Why not exploit it when you can its a **** of a comp anyways

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Buzz just said the Roosters need to know if Pearce is leaving asap so they have time to spend his 800k on other players!!!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I thought Buzz went for the Sharks...

Status
Not open for further replies.