Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really.... well in a way... I'm not sour about missing out on Cronk... never thought for a second we were really in the hunt to sign him.... but I don't like the fact the roosters can sign him on such a massive contract with the roster they already have and reporters aren't asking more questions.... that makes no sense and seems grossly unfair to me. It does piss me off that our club is so heavily scrutinised and these pricks can sign one of the best up and coming fullbacks and the Australian halfback ...and add them to an already very strong roster. I think the situation reeks tbh...

But having said all that, I do stand by my comment.... he's 33 years old and I'd rather we focus on the future ... that's one of the reasons I wasn't happy about Foran but he's on board now and by s accounts he's in a good head space... hopefully he can provide mentorship to our young players... but I don't think we need Cronk... and I don't know his signing will be a good thing for the roosters if it causes disharmony amidst the rest of the playing ranks...

So yeah, I'm pissed off they don't get scrutinised more, but it's the perceived double standard that pisses me off... not missing out on Cronk. As handy as he'd be, he really isn't a spring chicken and I never expected us to sign him anyway.
I agree. Would have loved him to come to the Dogs, but given we lost Graham because of cap pressure. Signing Cronk would've cost us players like Klemm and Jacko and that isn't a good deal. At 33 his best years are behind him and I think foran represents better value given his much lower price and his age.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, I know there’s a lot of angst because the Roosters signed Cronk but FFS do people not realise that they’ve lost a lot of players in the last couple of years ? They’ve bought 2 big names in Tedesco & Cronk but lost a number of players.
I agree that TPA’s are not a level playing field
Why was there no mass hysteria this year with the storm having Cronk slater smith etc etc etc ???
? The Roosters has ONE player in the kangaroo squad of 24 . Melbourne have 7.
This bashing is getting tiresome. People hate for the sake of hating.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only corruption if you live in a communist country. Cronk is free to make whatever decisions he wants about his life. Why would any other club think it was a chance of signing him if that was where he wanted to go. Shaun Johnson has said he isn't interested in signing with anyone else other than the Warriors. Is that corruption? If not then how is it different to what Cronk is doing? Are you seriously suggesting that he can't live his life and work where he wants? I look forward to your evidence that the NRL has actually said anything about Cronk. Just because a few plonkers in the media write something doesn't make it true. By all means be disappointed that we didn't get someone like Cronk at the club but don't go around blaming the NRL or Cronk for it. He didn't want to play for us - simple as. Oh, and we couldn't afford him anyway.
I don’t want Cronk at the dogs! He can make whatever decision he wants! My argument is, the Roosters got him before anyone else had a chance, how is that legal under a salary cap run organisation like the NRL????

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Look, I know there’s a lot of angst because the Roosters signed Cronk but FFS do people not realise that they’ve lost a lot of players in the last couple of years ? They’ve bought 2 big names in Tedesco & Cronk but lost a number of players.
I agree that TPA’s are not a level playing field
Why was there no mass hysteria this year with the storm having Cronk slater smith etc etc etc ???
? The Roosters has ONE player in the kangaroo squad of 24 . Melbourne have 7.
This bashing is getting tiresome. People hate for the sake of hating.
Na.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cronk and Tedesco signed in 1 season? That would be tough even with the Roosters crooked accountant
And the best part of it is the NRL and media totally accepting of It! Of course, if it were the Bulldogs from Canterbury Bankstown, we would require evidence of player salaries/third parties and media would practically demand an audit and an immediate shedding of players.
This!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow....looks like there will be 250 instead of 200 closet supporters at their home games next year....well done Uncle Nick, the Real Madrid of the NRL.
Problem is that Real Madrid have millions of supporters all over the world and your club Mr Politis has 227 including your family and grand kids!!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May only have one aussie player but have a few current SOO players.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree. Would have loved him to come to the Dogs, but given we lost Graham because of cap pressure. Signing Cronk would've cost us players like Klemm and Jacko and that isn't a good deal. At 33 his best years are behind him and I think foran represents better value given his much lower price and his age.
Yeah, I just don't think 1 million a season for a 33 year old is a good investment- no matter what his pedigree is.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They way we need to look at this signing is, it’s not $1 million dollars for Cronk or $800K for Pearce, it’s $1.8 million for a halfback!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fucking roosters sign who ever they fucking want, dead set, they sign literally who ever the fuck they want

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a mate who is a Rooster supporter...i know i know how could i be mates with a Rooster fan. Anyhow he'll be spewing now that it's official Cronk is there. I swear my mate must have been one of the only Rooster fans who didn't want Cronk, because he loves Pearce and Friend. My mate reckons if either of them go because of Cronk he's gonna flip it.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t want Cronk at the dogs! He can make whatever decision he wants! My argument is, the Roosters got him before anyone else had a chance, how is that legal under a salary cap run organisation like the NRL????
If you don’t want Cronk at the Dogs, you’re an idiot.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really beyond belief. The roosters release and recruit as they please without question.

If it wasnt for the bulldogs I wouldn't give the NRL a second of my time.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a mate who is a Rooster supporter...i know i know how could i be mates with a Rooster fan. Anyhow he'll be spewing now that it's official Cronk is there. I swear my mate must have been one of the only Rooster fans who didn't want Cronk, because he loves Pearce and Friend. My mate reckons if either of them go because of Cronk he's gonna flip it.
Your mate must have been in a cave for the last 4 years. He didn’t see Cronk destroy NSW in origin, win dally m player of the year, win a premiership. Voted Dally M half of the year 3 times. Didn’t see Pearce AGAIN go missing during a finals series. Play dreadfully for the last 6 weeks of the NRL. Missed seeing Pearce fuck up on Anzac Day & derail 2016. Your friend needs to get out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.