Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes but there is also a very strong school of thought that certain power brokers are given more free reign with third party arrangements than other clubs. That's the biggest problem with TPAs. They aren't in any way transparent.

I just don't believe there is any way in hell your club could have signed Cronk without undue favours from the nrl...and this sort of questionable shit happens at Bondi way too often.

Uncle Nick has been greasing those wheels and pulling all the strings at the Roosters now for close to forty years. His City Ford group ( now sold) was regarded as the first real sponsor of the game. Wealthy beyond belief, value around about $594 million in 2016. Chairman of the Roosters board since 1993. With someone like this on board you have a massive network of connections and unlimited ways to gather TPA's. Hardly seems fair to me....

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uncle Nick has been greasing those wheels and pulling all the strings at the Roosters now for close to forty years. His City Ford group ( now sold) was regarded as the first real sponsor of the game. Wealthy beyond belief, value around about $594 million in 2016. Chairman of the Roosters board since 1993. With someone like this on board you have a massive network of connections and unlimited ways to gather TPA's. Hardly seems fair to me....
We should try to sign him up! ;)

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are now one of the most transparent clubs in the game...would not be a good fit..;);););)
Jokes aside though, like most of us on this forum, I wouldn’t swap where we came from, and how we have evolved! Politis can have whoever he wants, whatever he wants, whenever he wants!!! His and any other team can never be and will never ever be THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS period!!!!

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jokes aside though, like most of us on this forum, I wouldn’t swap where we came from, and how we have evolved! Politis can have whoever he wants, whatever he wants, whenever he wants!!! His and any other team can never be and will never ever be THE MIGHTY BULLDOGS period!!!!

I hear you brother!!

Have been disillusioned with some of the things going on at the club over the past while, as have many others, but I could not, or would not, ever consider following any other footy team. I, like you would much rather have our culture than that of the souless Roosters.

It is difficult to take the bad times but need to harden up and do so. Good times will be around the corner....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Don't forget Mark Bouris. He sold Wizard home loans in 2004 for $500,000,000.00

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think we need to get Jeff Bezos on board as a supporter, sponsor and endorser. Current net worth $92.3 billion USD and counting.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think we need to get Jeff Bezos on board as a supporter, sponsor and endorser. Current net worth $92.3 billion USD and counting.
Even better would be for our club to buy a TV station and a news paper. The rotters would be a lot less without Politis but would be nothing without CH9.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even better would be for our club to buy a TV station and a news paper. The rotters would be a lot less without Politis but would be nothing without CH9.
Yep so true. Goes to show you can't manufacture passion when it's not there. Surprised channel 9 hasn't developed canned crowd cheering for Roosters home games, similar to canned laughter for comedies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, forgot all about him. Yeah another high flyer

https://au.linkedin.com/in/markbouris
Sydney Roosters
January 2003 – Present (14 years 11 months)Sydney, Australia

The Sydney Roosters are an Australian professional rugby league football club based in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. The club competes in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition and is one of the oldest and most successful clubs in Australian rugby league history, having won thirteen New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) and National Rugby League titles, and several other competitions. Only the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the St. George Dragons have won more premierships. The club holds the record for having the most wins and the second greatest margin of victory in a match in Australian rugby league history.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but there is also a very strong school of thought that certain power brokers are given more free reign with third party arrangements than other clubs. That's the biggest problem with TPAs. They aren't in any way transparent.

I just don't believe there is any way in hell your club could have signed Cronk without undue favours from the nrl...and this sort of questionable shit happens at Bondi way too often.
Seen the news today @utility half .... you were bang on mate.

NRL gave them cap concession to pay for Cronk to get a Harvard Business degree!!

Plus they claim he is on $1.7 million for two years ($850k a season) and the NRL have allowed him to be valued that low.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

NRL gave them cap concession to pay for Cronk to get a Harvard Business degree!!

Plus they claim he is on $1.7 million for two years ($850k a season) and the NRL have allowed him to be valued that low.
It's a Harvard MBA. That's nothing to fuck around with. The roosters are on another level.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a Harvard MBA. That's nothing to fuck around with. The roosters are on another level.
They certainly are.....no other club would be allowed this type of leniency. Anyone else would be laughed off the premises. I know the NRL didn't have much credibility to start with, but damn.........they certainly have zero now after this fiasco.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah another level of dishonesy. It's out and out cheating. The roosters get preferential treatment. It's not good management, otsnit shrewd. It's just corrupt and completely dishonest.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

I hadn't seen it yet mate, but I'm really not surprised. The nrl and the club are just taking the piss out of fans and playing us for fools.

Opposition fans should unite for a campaign to let the roosters and nrl know what tucking cheats they are.... signs, chants.... as fans we should stop looking the other way when this sort of corrupt nonsense goes town.

I am so damn sick of Nick fucking Politis and his skid mark of a club. He's a second rate, Godfather wannabe, cash splashing anal abscess.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Is its shit true? Fuck I hate the Roosters.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenberg pleasing his masters!!! Hahahaha... what a puppet!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After debating it over with someone I know who used to be in the Rooters system, I am now convinced the whole thing has been done to get out of having Pearce for another 4 years (or however long he is contracted).

I think they have big plans for the Lam boys.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow, forgot all about him. Yeah another high flyer

https://au.linkedin.com/in/markbouris
Sydney Roosters
January 2003 – Present (14 years 11 months)Sydney, Australia

The Sydney Roosters are an Australian professional rugby league football club based in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. The club competes in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition and is one of the oldest and most successful clubs in Australian rugby league history, having won thirteen New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) and National Rugby League titles, and several other competitions. Only the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the St. George Dragons have won more premierships. The club holds the record for having the most wins and the second greatest margin of victory in a match in Australian rugby league history.
Farout... how many "XYZ - Present" jobs does that guy have lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.