Roosters confirm Cronk signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A couple of things. The whole Cronk thing will cause the rooters to implode. Like it or not both Friend and Pearce are the heart and soul of that mob and if one or both of them go there will be a lot of bad feeling. Cronk will probably do some good things next season but he won't dominate a game like he has with his mates around him. Finally, I'll be interested to see how it plays out over the next couple of months because the NRL won't sit there and do nothing. They will need guarantees that the rooters are under the cap or Cronk's contract won't be registered just as they are doing with Woods and Foran. Bear in mind it was the media who leaked everything about us, not the NRL. They haven't said anything about us specifically only that all clubs have to be salary cap compliant before the start of the season.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's if he makes it through the world cup without injury.......

Fukin cheats!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was the last team to have the two SOO halfbacks in their team???

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely a roosters firesale... who is worth picking up for cheap?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Laughable.
I hope Cronk does his ACL in the final game for Australia and Pearce tears his pec in the pre-season.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Explains why the roosters betting odds for next season were so strong despite a poor finish by their own standards

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just goes to show how far their control reaches into the NRL. Not one media outlet is prepared to write anything more controversial than about Pearce moving to the bench. Gee I hope they flop this year in a big way.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As others have stated... this had been organised for a while! The NRL is a very, very corrupt organisation!
What does a player reaching an agreement to play for another club when off contract constitute corruption? We signed Foran and Woods during the season are we corrupt as well? In fact every club signed someone during the season are they all corrupt? I haven't heard a word from the NRL about us or the rooters for that matter. They are working behind the scenes to make sure the respective caps are above board and if not will not register various players. That is what they have said publicly.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does a player reaching an agreement to play for another club when off contract constitute corruption? We signed Foran and Woods during the season are we corrupt as well? In fact every club signed someone during the season are they all corrupt? I haven't heard a word from the NRL about us or the rooters for that matter. They are working behind the scenes to make sure the respective caps are above board and if not will not register various players. That is what they have said publicly.
There’s no doubt Cronk was a done deal at the roosters before any club had a chance of signing him, that’s corruption! Others have stated this before and I concur 100%! It’s like winning lotto before the numbers come up!

The NRL should at least make it competitive, and give other clubs a chance to sign him, so it might look like it’s legitimate!

Please don’t tell me you really think they signed him for Million dollars a season because the NRL said so....

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
grapes are definitely sour
Not really.... well in a way... I'm not sour about missing out on Cronk... never thought for a second we were really in the hunt to sign him.... but I don't like the fact the roosters can sign him on such a massive contract with the roster they already have and reporters aren't asking more questions.... that makes no sense and seems grossly unfair to me. It does piss me off that our club is so heavily scrutinised and these pricks can sign one of the best up and coming fullbacks and the Australian halfback ...and add them to an already very strong roster. I think the situation reeks tbh...

But having said all that, I do stand by my comment.... he's 33 years old and I'd rather we focus on the future ... that's one of the reasons I wasn't happy about Foran but he's on board now and by s accounts he's in a good head space... hopefully he can provide mentorship to our young players... but I don't think we need Cronk... and I don't know his signing will be a good thing for the roosters if it causes disharmony amidst the rest of the playing ranks...

So yeah, I'm pissed off they don't get scrutinised more, but it's the perceived double standard that pisses me off... not missing out on Cronk. As handy as he'd be, he really isn't a spring chicken and I never expected us to sign him anyway.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come on you are all forgetting the Roosters released Kane Evans (Fiji rep player) that's how they fit Cronk into the cap.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s no doubt Cronk was a done deal at the roosters before any club had a chance of signing him, that’s corruption! Others have stated this before and I concur 100%! It’s like winning lotto before the numbers come up!

The NRL should at least make it competitive, and give other clubs a chance to sign him, so it might look like it’s legitimate!

Please don’t tell me you really think they signed him for Million dollars a season because the NRL said so....
It's only corruption if you live in a communist country. Cronk is free to make whatever decisions he wants about his life. Why would any other club think it was a chance of signing him if that was where he wanted to go. Shaun Johnson has said he isn't interested in signing with anyone else other than the Warriors. Is that corruption? If not then how is it different to what Cronk is doing? Are you seriously suggesting that he can't live his life and work where he wants? I look forward to your evidence that the NRL has actually said anything about Cronk. Just because a few plonkers in the media write something doesn't make it true. By all means be disappointed that we didn't get someone like Cronk at the club but don't go around blaming the NRL or Cronk for it. He didn't want to play for us - simple as. Oh, and we couldn't afford him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.