Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fck that bro. He shouldn’t be able to sign with anyone during the life of our contract
Retirement in the NRL means nothing and if he does return watch the BS articles come out saying we convinced him to bail.

Same thing should of happened with SBW too who actually left us high and dry which was worse.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fck that bro. He shouldn’t be able to sign with anyone during the life of our contract
All depends what the agreement was when both parties agreed to terminate the contract.

I really don't care what he does,
But it would really get under my skin if he saved his best career performance against us when he plays us next.

Kills me when that happens
The SBW game against us broke me big time.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one will be surprised when he signs for someone else. It was always going to be the world's shortest and most bullshit retirement..

Like we could care less though. He was shit with us, clearly didn't want to be here and it was a miracle we could get out of his horrible contract so easily.. Win/win..
I had a feeling when he left us,he may end up at the Dolphins

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we all did.. But good luck to him.. We did well to get out of his deal and we can move forward with players that are committed to the club. Even at his best, TPJ has always been an extremely inconsistent and enigmatic player.
He was definitely "rocks or diamonds".

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will end up signing with the Broncos for a bullshit amount like 250k and then the NRL will nail us on the cap for the difference!!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just visiting Haas & his mates, move on, nothin to see here.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly he can go do whatever he wants, as long as nrl tell him to come back 2025 not this year. Doubt he will play this year

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His leaving was one of 3 great things to happen to our club in 23. Can only pray some other club picks him up because he isnt anywhere near nrl standard

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
all the gear and no idea

bloke has been telling some people i know hes going to make his yearly contract earnings for every fight he does lol, thinks he can make 3m a year for the next ten lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know everyone hates TOJ but it is a dangerous precedent if players can retire and sign with another club to get out of a contract. I agree our money could be better spent than TPJ but not replacing him and having SST not pass a physical is a fkn terrible outcome for us in the middle. We are fkd without middles
Very dangerous precedent particularly if the player signs on the following season with another club. Contracts would be officially worth fu<k-all if that’s the case….

The NRL would need to introduce a rule upon breaking a contract through mutual consent, one could not backflip on their professional intentions (Boxing, MMA, NFL, AFL etc.) only to return the following season for another team. This could be a major loop-hole along with “home sickness” or deliberately arking up or saying sh!t about a club to get out of a contract because a better one awaits elsewhere…. Any break in contract should be met with strict condition to weed out the bullsh!t.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
F him who cares.
Best result was dogs saved paying him 750k this year.

Move on

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's be fair, he's only hope at been half decent is under Bennett.
I think Bennett and a few other good coaches worked out early on in their careers that the trick to getting the most out of players is to simplify what they have to think about. Others don't need to be taught like school kids. But I think a lot of players benefit from a very simple set of instructions.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Retirement in the NRL means nothing and if he does return watch the BS articles come out saying we convinced him to bail.

Same thing should of happened with SBW too who actually left us high and dry which was worse.
Retirement in the sporting world means nothing it’s a good way to gain relavency though which is what TPJ is doing

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly he can go do whatever he wants, as long as nrl tell him to come back 2025 not this year. Doubt he will play this year
Yeah i agree, be bit disrespectful, and id say that would be a legal obligation

Was always gonna happen
Yeah, sure was.
I'd say his next contract is already in the works and he just needs to stay fit