Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

1976dog

New Pup
Reaction score
TPJ. has said he was there to get his family to meet the Broncos. Thoughts???

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one will be surprised when he signs for someone else. It was always going to be the world's shortest and most bullshit retirement..

Like we could care less though. He was shit with us, clearly didn't want to be here and it was a miracle we could get out of his horrible contract so easily.. Win/win..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one will be surprised when he signs for someone else. It was always going to be the world's shortest and most bullshit retirement..

Like we could care less though. He was shit with us, clearly didn't want to be here and it was a miracle we could get out of his horrible contract so easily.. Win/win..
Yeah I would only be filthy if we were paying something. Doesn’t really matter now

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will never make it as a boxer so NRL is the logical thing to do. I think he wants to go to Dolphins.
He is with Chris McMullen in Logan in brisbane who has coached a lot of good fighters but his top fighter is Trent broadhurst who ended up doing not well as a pro. Unless he fights on no limit he won’t make any money, he doesn’t have the temperament to be a boxer imo. I don’t like the guy anymore he seems weak

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TPJ. has said he was there to get his family to meet the Broncos. Thoughts???
The sport report said he was there visiting ex team mates.

Surprisingly he was popular with a few of them & the report said, he had said boxing is his career & he won't comeback to League.

He was at Dolphins training the other week. (Bennett wants him. Start the rumour)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was always of the opinion that he'd pop up at another club before too long. Even before Bennett put the first welcome mat out if he decides boxing ain't his gig. At the end of the day though, he's always benefitted from his potential over his consistency when new contracts are dropped in his lap. As most would know he's a wrecking ball when it suits him, but that's maybe two or three times a season. On the days when his offloads hit targets in the same uniform as his, its magnificent. On the days where he hulks out and goes hunting in defence he's scary. When he decides to run through brick walls he's demolished some tough opposition packs with mostly solo efforts. So no doubt capable of terrific things.

But that's his best days. On an average day he'll do around 100 run metres. But amongst that are two spilled offload attempts at the worst conceivable moments. Three lazy missed tackles and two conceded penalties for being too slow getting off a tackled opponent. It's sitting atop a 100m game foundation though so it's hard to drop him to learn to play smarter.

So very much a rocks or diamonds player. Capable of doing things very few can when the stars align, but much more commonly seen contributing those very frustrating moments where he's tried to pop a no look offload on tackle 1 when we've just got the ball back after defending 4 repeat sets. His second game defining one will likewise be on tackle one but this time when the opposition have knocked on from the kick return and we're a red hot chance of scoring if we just play patiently.

In having said all this. Given our lack of recognised props, he'd have been handy for his 100m if he'd been restricted from offloading and given a very simple "Just run it hard as you fucking can Tevita! Don't lay in tackles and don't miss them through laziness or you get demoted" set of instructions. A solid, boring, no thrills TPJ would have suited us. But I'm not sure that was ever a possibility. I'm not sad he left.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He ain’t changing, handy for some but not for us, not a systems guy at all. We need some more workaholics.