Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as he's not here, who gives a fuck. If TPJ does end up at another club our Chances of beating them just went up a few percentage points.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As long as he's not here, who gives a fuck. If TPJ does end up at another club our Chances of beating them just went up a few percentage points.
Seems like Tantrum Pangai’s problem was with our club and staff. He’s a problem child everywhere he goes. The boxing was just a conveniently concocted excuse to turn his back……..NRLol should not allow him to benefit until, at least, the end of his last Dogs contract was due to finish. SMH

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like Tantrum Pangai’s problem was with our club and staff. He’s a problem child everywhere he goes. The boxing was just a conveniently concocted excuse to turn his back……..NRLol should not allow him to benefit until, at least, the end of his last Dogs contract was due to finish. SMH
I agree mate, my gut tells me he was told to pull his head in over some of the crap he was producing, or more like not producing on the field, he spat the dummy and the boxing was his excuse to walk ..

Tantrum Pangi is a good name for him ..

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bennett and a few other good coaches worked out early on in their careers that the trick to getting the most out of players is to simplify what they have to think about. Others don't need to be taught like school kids. But I think a lot of players benefit from a very simple set of instructions.
it’s cause most of them are dumb as fucking bricks. I was listening to the “bloke in a bar” podcast, and holy shit. I felt dumber listening to it

we should really encourage education and clear communication

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Bennett and a few other good coaches worked out early on in their careers that the trick to getting the most out of players is to simplify what they have to think about. Others don't need to be taught like school kids. But I think a lot of players benefit from a very simple set of instructions.
You’re spot on here. This is the strength of both Bennett and Bellamy as coaches. Simplify roles for the majority and leave the leading & complex game management to a few players like Thurston, Cam Smith, Cronk, Maloney, Cleary et al. Such “thinkers” are a highly valuable and rare commodity in any team.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you break contract to retire, you should not be allowed back until your contract would have been up at the club. Otherwise it opens a loophole way of breaking contract to go elsewhere. That said im glad he left early and freed up cap space for a player who will actually contribute

Anyone is welcome to him. They want to pay good money for the tripe he dishes out good luck to them. He hasnt been a good player for years already.

Im guessing he found out that now he isnt an NRL player, nobody wants to set up boxing matches with him. He only got the gigs because he was an NRL player, not because he is a boxer. He found out he wont make any coin boxing. Hes not good enough to get to the top, so would be fighting nuffies for chump change for the rest of his career. He missed the money and wants it back lol

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you break contract to retire, you should not be allowed back until your contract would have been up at the club. Otherwise it opens a loophole way of breaking contract to go elsewhere. That said im glad he left early and freed up cap space for a player who will actually contribute
Its a fair call, in his case I don't care because he will just suck up cap and roster spot and take out said club from signing someone else.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who cares. He quit the dogs and didn’t ask for a cent. Credit to him, it’s a blessing.
Did he really walk away without taking a cent? He sounds money driven, I can't imagine he'd do that unless something else was going on behind the scenes...

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did he really walk away without taking a cent? He sounds money driven, I can't imagine he'd do that unless something else was going on behind the scenes...
Probably thought he’d make more money boxing but didn’t realise no one would be interested in fighting him when he left the NRL. He’s not exactly as high profile as an SBW etc. Most publicity he gets is turning up to Broncos training

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably thought he’d make more money boxing but didn’t realise no one would be interested in fighting him when he left the NRL. He’s not exactly as high profile as an SBW etc. Most publicity he gets is turning up to Broncos training
He was on over 700k, you don't just walk away from that much. There has to be more to this....or maybe not because it's TPJ and the blokes cooked :tearsofjoy:

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think so too. I also think it will be on a quarter of the deal he walked away from.
Bennett is the only coach who can get anything out of him.ricky Stuart told him when he left Canberra that he would never make it cause he was too lazy and he was right.