Retired NRL star Tevita Pangai Jr has been spotted at Brisbane Broncos training fuelling speculation he could be eyeing a return to rugby league.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I would only be filthy if we were paying something. Doesn’t really matter now
I’d suggest the club were smart enough to condition his ‘retirement’ on either not playing for a competitor in 2024 until his contract expired or if so that it came at $0 cost to the Bulldogs and maybe he has to sit out any game against the Bulldogs for this year too. I was never convinced of his turn to boxing - which requires work as hard if not more than league and as we’ve all seen, he just doesn’t like putting in. Better off without.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's be fair, he's only hope at been half decent is under Bennett.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was at the Phins the other week & they said could he be signing with them.

He got what he wanted, people talking about him.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d suggest the club were smart enough to condition his ‘retirement’ on either not playing for a competitor in 2024 until his contract expired or if so that it came at $0 cost to the Bulldogs and maybe he has to sit out any game against the Bulldogs for this year too. I was never convinced of his turn to boxing - which requires work as hard if not more than league and as we’ve all seen, he just doesn’t like putting in. Better off without.
If want him to play the Dogs, would make so many mistakes it would be good for us lol

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t like knocking blokes for trying, but from what I’ve seen, he doesn’t have the conditioning or the technical prowess to be challenging for genuine Boxing titles, he’s built for the game of Rugby League and he’s blessed that’s the case because it’s made him money enabling to set up his family for life.

Best of luck to him, but I see him coming back to League by 2025.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He wants to play edge and come in and out of games when he wants and come up with some flashy plays. He checked out with us as soon as he had to play middle and play hard.

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just hope we put a compensation clause in his termination for if he signs with another NRL club. We deserve some sort of transfer fee if it is still during the contracted period.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just hope we put a compensation clause in his termination for if he signs with another NRL club. We deserve some sort of transfer fee if it is still during the contracted period.
While that would be nice we all know that won't happen, I'm happy enough that we were able to cut ties like we did.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, few fans of this club will say they miss this guy. Good luck to him and grateful that he's off our books.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What would people rather:

TPJ on the books, sucking up a spot, cap and under performing or TPJ off the book.

I know my choice!
That's what got me laughing. The same people who were moaning and rightly so about TPJ being on our books are now moaning about him signing with another another club after saying he wants to retire? Wasn't the best possible scenario for the Bulldogs that we got him off our books early and wouldn't be paying him to play in another team's jersey? It's a fkn win-win and people are still whining. We are infront $750k FFS because TPJ was released.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that boxing career hasn't quite taken off yet, Tyson Fury must have left him on hold for too long.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's what got me laughing. The same people who were moaning and rightly so about TPJ being on our books are now moaning about him signing with another another club after saying he wants to retire? Wasn't the best possible scenario for the Bulldogs that we got him off our books early and wouldn't be paying him to play in another team's jersey? It's a fkn win-win and people are still whining. We are infront $750k FFS because TPJ was released.
I really don’t care if he signs elsewhere and kills it because he wasn’t going to kill it for us so it’s win win like you said.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know everyone hates TPJ but it is a dangerous precedent if players can retire and sign with another club to get out of a contract. I agree our money could be better spent than TPJ but not replacing him and having SST not pass a physical is a fkn terrible outcome for us in the middle. We are fkd without middles

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was a Bulldog for one day, the game against Parra in 2022 when he totally got into the heads of the Parra pack and we had our best game against them in a long time.

We all loved him that day. But before and since... yeah nah.