Rd 1 vs Cowboys 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 - Burns (setup our only points tonight).
2 - JMK (thought he was good tonight with his scurrying runs).
1 - Burton (long kicking game is very god and kept Cowboys turned around in parts).

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC is an out an out leader. He didn’t do much today with the ball but watching him spray the side a couple times pumped me up from my lounge room. You could tell everyone was buying into the energy he brings.
I did see Cummins tell him to be quite a few times.......He must be shitty that he could give the cows the game.....

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC is an out an out leader. He didn’t do much today with the ball but watching him spray the side a couple times pumped me up from my lounge room. You could tell everyone was buying into the energy he brings.
Loved it when we got a penalty and he turned around and sprayed everyone..."it's not a fucking break!"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ava
Hetherington
Burton for his kicks

I'm impressed with King, i sense he's going to be one of the premier props in the game once he reaches that age when props peak.
You're right about King developing into a top prop, he has some genuine size, is strong at contact in defence and attack and has an offload....but his motor was the most impressive and his stats genuinely look broken lol.

38 minutes
11 runs for 105m
42pcm
40 tackles (0 missed)
1 offload

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right about King developing into a top prop, he has some genuine size, is strong at contact in defence and attack and has an offload....but his motor was the most impressive and his stats genuinely look broken lol.

38 minutes
11 runs for 105m
42pcm
40 tackles (0 missed)
1 offload
King was very strong in contact(with & without the ball). Just watching the game a second time & despite being hit solidly a number of times he bounced up, got on with it or continued through the contact. Think he is going to be a significant piece in our rebuild if he can avoid injury.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3 - King. What a way to debut for a new club after such a long injury layoff. Amazing stats and just looks so grateful to be out there. Going to be a big year for him if he can stay fit.
2 - Burton. Kicking game alone was the main reason we won. In those conditions it was amazing how much length and variety his kicks had. Some promising touches in attack too, even the plays that broke down will get better as our combinations start to click.
3 - Hetherington. Not a great first half but really impressive second half. Runs hard and can swerve, always looking to offload too. I also thought he checked himself a couple of times when frustrated, last year he would have let that turn into something stupid.

Special mentions: Dufty (gets involved, always looks likely) / Addo-Carr (struggled with cramp after getting kicked to all day but so good for the team) / Naden (he is just built to play centre, big and fast) / Thompson (his stats speak for themselves)

I know it's only the Cowboys but we managed to win away from home in rubbish conditions with four HIAs, two disallowed tries and essentially a brand new team. The only way is up!

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 - Thommo - Stats dont lie, he had a good game
2 - Dufty - was very good and unlucky his try was disallowed, was outjumped once but ultimately pretty good
1- Hetherington/Burns - Hetherington always looking for the offload and his quick play the balls, burns for the body on the line try assist and solid defensive effort

King was very good to, and as mentioned by everyone else Burton's kicking game was outstanding

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loved it when we got a penalty and he turned around and sprayed everyone..."it's not a fucking break!"
You can see how Melbourne won so many games, our players were bunched up and sipping water bottles with zero talk. Melbourne would have been already lined up and ready to go.

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 - Ava
2 - Burto
1 - King

Post contact metres from Ava was the clincher, he was a machine. Burton did Burton things all night and Max has been a revelation. Max King could be one of the great underrated signings of 2022.

Malla

Reaction score
3. King
2. Ava
1. Burns

We prob lose the game last night if TPJ plays lol

Status
Not open for further replies.