R2 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please beat these arseholes for all rugby league fans everywhere. If you need more motivation, go read the Chookpen forum. They're the biggest pricks in the world. I got perma-banned from that forum after 1 post.
They're a pack of *****.
You should’ve seeen this place in 02 when we got stripped of 37 points and they won the comp. There were more rooster fans on here than bulldogs fans.
Have to admit, it was pretty fun though, to be give a pass by the mods, to say anything we liked. They didn’t hang around long.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They're a pack of *****.
You should’ve seeen this place in 02 when we got stripped of 37 points and they won the comp. There were more rooster fans on here than bulldogs fans.
Have to admit, it was pretty fun though, to be give a pass by the mods, to say anything we liked. They didn’t hang around long.
DF raped them lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
"Ouch, must suck losing to the Tigers ay?"
Yeah right, you probably posted something like "Roosters are under the salary cap" OR "I hear Mitchell Pearce was actually only on $400k a season".

The truth won't set you free over there, it'll get you banned LOL.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have the feeling they are going to fuck us up.

They copped a hiding from the press and their forwards + big $$$ signings are going to come out firing.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
roosters forwards are soft we need to win the battle up front then we can get the result. Thisl be a cracker

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
If Fine takes Eastwood's spot I haven't really seen anything from him that excites me.

Can anybody tell me otherwise?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If they played a test for australia tomorrow they would not let anyone down!! Sure there are players that have overtaken them, and yes they have slowed down a little, but this doesnt mean they are suddenly not world class. They are just a little further down the pecking order. Perhaps you should show them some respect.
No they are 100% not world class. How many other games of rugby league do you get to watch? I mean the Morris' don't even compare to what the top outside backs in the game do. Calling them out for not being world class has aboslutely nothing to do with respecting them or not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jmoz is still a world class defender and bmoz is still a world class finisher so its really not that stupid..
Yes it is. Brett isn't a world class finisher for starters, there are plenty of other wingers i would trust in the final 10 over Brett these days. The bloke is just a shadow of his former self without his rapid pace, he has struggled massively without it and is nothing more than an average winger these days.

Jmoz then yh fair enough he's a top defender, everywhere else though he comes up well short against the best. Struggles to break tackles he should, struggles to setup the players around him, struggles to creat something out of nothing, etc.

Overall our backline is extremely weak compared to other sides, i'm honestly struggling to find a worse backline in the NRL. Hopefully the Morris' aim up or are shipped out come seasons end and we can pick up the faster more powerful outside backs that we need.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Fine takes Eastwood's spot I haven't really seen anything from him that excites me.

Can anybody tell me otherwise?
He has good footwork but has previously lacked size though he looks to have bulked up in the offseason. The move just doesn't make sense, we lacked go forward so we're going to swap a middle forward for an edge forward? Just bring in Tualau ffs. I'm guessing Jackson or Elliott to start at lock with Fualalo on the bench if Fine is added.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BMoz looked fairly quick when Addo Carr run the length of the field.
Agree they are not what they once were, but they are still top class in my opinion.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes it is. Brett isn't a world class finisher for starters, there are plenty of other wingers i would trust in the final 10 over Brett these days. The bloke is just a shadow of his former self without his rapid pace, he has struggled massively without it and is nothing more than an average winger these days.

Jmoz then yh fair enough he's a top defender, everywhere else though he comes up well short against the best. Struggles to break tackles he should, struggles to setup the players around him, struggles to creat something out of nothing, etc.

Overall our backline is extremely weak compared to other sides, i'm honestly struggling to find a worse backline in the NRL. Hopefully the Morris' aim up or are shipped out come seasons end and we can pick up the faster more powerful outside backs that we need.
We always seem to keep wingers too long.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings folks. Guess who has the whistle. Can we win our first game under him since round 1 2016? Will he give us 6 again and then change his decision on the advice of a touch judge like he did last year when we played the roosters?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fine never impressed me to be honest but I'm keen to see how he goes now when hes a bit bigger.

To'omaga is pretty good with the ball but he can get found out in defence he can get lazy but its no worse then Eastwood I hope he gets a shot.
To'omaga really impressed me in that Penrith trial.. Big mins, plenty of defence and was extremely difficult to get to ground. As I said before I'm very very happy we have locked him up t'ill 2021 because he will be a solid NRL forward and wouldn't mind him starting early to get him NRL standard earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.