R2 - Bulldogs vs Roosters - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Took almost half an hour for someone to post, most must be disappointed to see no changes otherwise it would have been posted instantly haha.
1 change - Renouf To’omaga in for Francis Tualau

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
worst kick off time in the history of nrl.

For two teams that hate each other this should be a 7.30 game every day of the week

RIP NRL
I know right. I have a bunch of European mates out at the moment who’ve never been to a live game.

Perfect round but unfortunately the dopes at the nrl put it on when most people In SYDNEY are either just finished at work or still at work!!

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The forecast says chance of showers in the morning and it’s only under 1mm so it won’t be a factor.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If they defend like they did last week, it wont matter who we play.
Some of that defense was atrocious
Correct!!!
Based on the last game none of us can be confident of getting a win this week.
Plus that Roosters team looks very strong.
I'm hoping for an improved performance, especially in defence, and see what happens.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think highly of Tolman or Elliott and I was pretty disappointed with Eastwood also... However that being said everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves and one game is not real a fair go or an opportunity to prove yourself

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not too disapointed that its the same team named. They deserve the benefit of the doubt after just one game. You dont start chopping and changing the whole team after one game.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was planning on taking a bunch of Europeans who’ve never seen nrl to the game on Friday night but as it’s most likely going to rain and kick off is when I’m still working.. may have to miss it.i

I know right. I have a bunch of European mates out at the moment who’ve never been to a live game.

Perfect round but unfortunately the dopes at the nrl put it on when most people In SYDNEY are either just finished at work or still at work!!
Meet them there!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Their backline is basically an origin / international backline. Shits all over ours. The issue will be that their forward pack usually fires up against us. If they're forwards are angry and put on a show, then their backline could put 40+ on us, based on our defence from last week.

Yes the Morris twins are rep players, but they're both well past their best.
Manu and Ferguson are prone to defensive error. To win its simple, our front row dominates theirs... win the ruck and give Foran quick early ball, he will sort the rest out by isolating Manu and forcing fergo to rush in or he will hit RFM short. So long as we hold the ball and our defence tightens up on our right edge we have this in the bag.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Napa has been shit for them and that's why he's benched. All his good for is a couple of swinging arms these days, should probably look elsewhere to spark his career again.
He's one of the players that has suffered since the shoulder charge ban... he just doesn't look or seem physically imposing anymore.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is going to be a tough one:
-- Tedesco is going to be ultra motivated after getting panned in the first round.
-- Likewise their forwards
-- My biggest concern is that Mitchell is going to have a field day against our slow centres.

On the plus side:
-- Frawley cannot possibly give away as many points as he did in Perth.
-- Jackson likewise will want to make amends for his Perth nightmare.
-- Hopefully Pay will manage his interchanges a bit better.
How do you figure frawley gave away points?? He scored a try and set up another! Sure he dropped that kick off, but he didnt miss a tackle leading to a try.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On reading into the team lists, have to say, it’s deflating as a fan not to see appropriate changes to firm up our weaknesses.

It just takes us back to the Des era and how frustrating it was to read the same team list rolled out loss after loss and expecting different results.

Yes, it was the first game of the season and yes, it was the Premiers, but why wait to mid-season to sort out combinations and balance.

It’s clear our bench strength is our weak link and one of either Lewis or JMK deserved a start over Frawley based on trial form alone and taking into consideration two monumental errors last week, he really should be serving penance in reggies.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you figure frawley gave away points?? He scored a try and set up another! Sure he dropped that kick off, but he didnt miss a tackle leading to a try.
They also scored directly from his kick that went out on the full, iirc.

On reading into the team lists, have to say, it’s deflating as a fan not to see appropriate changes to firm up our weaknesses.

It just takes us back to the Des era and how frustrating it was to read the same team list rolled out loss after loss and expecting different results.

Yes, it was the first game of the season and yes, it was the Premiers, but why wait to mid-season to sort out combinations and balance.

It’s clear our bench strength is our weak link and one of either Lewis or JMK deserved a start over Frawley based on trial form alone and taking into consideration two monumental errors last week, he really should be serving penance in reggies.
It doesn't really sound like you watched the game last week:
--Frawley did enough to redeem himself.
-- The Dogs went toe-to-toe with Melbourne for 3/4 of the game that was essentially decided on one pass of the ball. That's enough to sticking with the same team for another week.
-- Melbourne also had the benefit of a competitive game under their belt.

I think you might have post traumatic Des disorder.

Last edited:

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need Two Props that can impact off the Bench. With an Edge backrower that has a point of difference. Along with a Utility.

Tolman should be 13 and Tackle his arse off.

14. JMK
15. Toomga / Fine / Ogden
16. Tualau
17. Fualalo

Elliot & Eastwood need to play reserve grade.
Agree totally

Status
Not open for further replies.