Opinion Potter should be our coach!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter has turned the team around. We are actually look good . The players are en themselves and we the fans are enjoying watching them the way they are playing.
Potter has shown in just a few weeks how much of shit dud Barrett was.
Still doesn't mean he's the right person to take us forward tho. We've all seen how hiring interim coaches work out for clubs ..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defence is attitude and there certainly has been a marked improvement in that area, Vaughn running down the try late when the game was over is testament to that, haven't seen that kind of commitment from a bulldog's side in year's.
Our defence has been OK, but we've normally only had 30% of the ball because of errors and stupid penalties.
Since we've cut down on those, we have enough possession to get the ball moving and not be exhausted from tackling a fresher side for 80 minutes.
The sides that beat us enjoyed around 60-70% of the ball, the penalties, and the repeat sets.

We had a lot of ball yesterday, and it showed how a fair share of possession and some refereeing calls our way can make all the difference.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think he accepts any bulldogs job given to him, he was coaching mounties lol so it all depends on what the club decides on. I would prefer assistant with either Ciraldo, Flanagan, Morris at Head coach.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he accepts any bulldogs job given to him, he was coaching mounties lol so it all depends on what the club decides on. I would prefer assistant with either Ciraldo, Flanagan, Morris at Head coach.
I think that is the way to go as well, but let's see how the rest of the year pans out as well, he could well be the answer.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who bagged our defence that has been sensational also the last 2 weeks. So has potter tweeked that ?
i wonder if its just the players putting in the effort with a better attitude playing under him as opposed to playing under baz

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our defence has been OK, but we've normally only had 30% of the ball because of errors and stupid penalties.
Since we've cut down on those, we have enough possession to get the ball moving and not be exhausted from tackling a fresher side for 80 minutes.
The sides that beat us enjoyed around 60-70% of the ball, the penalties, and the repeat sets.

We had a lot of ball yesterday, and it showed how a fair share of possession and some refereeing calls our way can make all the difference.
I dont think any side has had more than 58 percent against us this year, weve lost games and won the possession but i know what you mean if you control most of it you"ll win most games

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I genuinely think we can do them and do them good. It would be awesome to have Ava and Thompson (as long as he starts from the bench) back, so we can have better forwards off the bench
After Morin's debut I think he should get a spot on the bench too. He was busy the moment he got on. He could come on for the last 20.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont think any side has had more than 58 percent against us this year, weve lost games and won the possession but i know what you mean if you control most of it you"ll win most games
I was a bit general with what I said; but if you look at the games we lost, most of the damage was done in the first half - and the possession was often 70% against us in those halves. We usually had a bit more ball in the second halves, and that's when we started to put some points on the board, but the score was already too much to claw back a win, and exhaustion from the first half paid its toll.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not opposed to Mick as coach but the next month of football is very important. Now the standards have been set, we should win the majority of our upcoming games. Still some improvement to be had with our set plays inside the 20.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For what is worth David Riccio told Vossy on SEN this morning that he is so confident that it wont be Fittler, that he will walk naked thru Belmore if he is.
David Riccio looks like the type that would walk around kids playgrounds in a trenchcoat with nothing underneath so I wouldn't read too much into his comments..

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hype around Potter needs to die down a fair bit. Don’t get me wrong, he has this team humming and given the boys confidence and belief. And it’s showing. Boys are putting in for the jersey. But let’s be realistic. He’s been given a dream gig. Handed the keys to a team running dead last, no attack, pretty much told to get them to the end of season. He’s come in with no pressure, can experiment with no real consequences. If shit didn’t change he wouldn’t really get hammered. He’s coaching with no pressure.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ironic they sacked him so long ago, he goes away and comes back 8 years later and beats them and they are still in the same place haha
I’m not sure anyone can get them out of the mess they’re in. I think years ago Bellamy knocked them back, imagine he ruined his career by going there.