OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is Burto going in to dummy half as much as he does unless he is going for a scoot re Luai/Munster? But he isn't!
Yep, im a burto fan, his 40/20, try, break all great but in big moments he went missing, thats not good enough, he should be asking for that ball way more than hutch, was not impressed by burto today

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know if Sexton will make much of a difference tbh...
its one of them isnt it, sexton defensively im unsure on, but he d have probably made that pass to tracey today and gone wide instead of taking a hit up after the burton break

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So true...

All we need is a stop gap for now... Once upon a time we would have had Hunt last year.

Surely we can use JAC as a bargaining chip... SURELY!

I'd settle for Chaddy friggin Townsend right now.
Lomax to Eels
Fox to Dragons
Hunt to Dogs
Would be a wet dream
Honestly would even take Hastings

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To the people who follow the Bulldogs who must’ve been watching another game that was the best game by our club in two years Had we held onto the ball and taken the correct decisions we would’ve won that game.
Our attack starting to take Shape.
Bring on the roosters
I totally agree and I also agree with CC when he said we are putting in 100% effort and sticking to our systems but just for some crucial lapses and some bad luck. But that if we keep sticking to the same plan things will fall into place for us.

We are competitive once again and could have won that game. We are creating the chances and getting better in defense. It will come and we are heading in the right direction.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one know if Knight played did't see him in the 2nd half

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
its one of them isnt it, sexton defensively im unsure on, but he d have probably made that pass to tracey today and gone wide instead of taking a hit up after the burton break
He still goes alright Hutch... Just think we need someone quicker in his position who can break tackles. The bloke finds himself in alot of space.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The defense is good this year. Literally such an awful pack when you compare to other teams packs and we’ve held our own against quality packs this year in rounds 2,3 and 4. That’s great.

The attack is dreadful though. Hutchinson was awful today, made the wrong decision most of the time in when to run. I don’t really care if he gets dropped or picked because his replacement isn’t that good either. Again if Mahoney wasn’t so fucking ADHD, I feel the first try doesnt occur and the second probably doesnt either. Mahoney was disgraceful today and i think its a coaching issue. He needs to be put into line in the opp 20 because its dreadful. Wasn’t doing this at Parra in their opp 20

Bench rotation was bad but tbh I feel the two injuries and sin bin played that part. Its very early in the season and only year 1.2 of Cam’s coaching career so its a learning curve for him. Let’s hope he learns from his mistakes and decisions and they improve throughout the season. If not, then we Should Start to worry

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He still goes alright Hutch... Just think we need someone quicker in his position who can break tackles. The bloke finds himself in alot of space.
I dont like him mate, bombed some certain tries today and defensively really average reads. Honestly, we need to give sexton a go or get hastings in

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont like him mate, bombed some certain tries today and defensively really average reads. Honestly, we need to give sexton a go or get hastings in
Easy not too but i think the guy is a good footballer.. I think throwing Mann into the halves might be worth a try. Mann just everything once he comes on, might as well hand him the reins.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Possession was 54-46
We made more errors and that balanced off the penalties in our favour
Line breaks were 6-5 Souths
The game was close, we just needed to convert 1 more opportunity.
take the tin foil hat off
Been accused of many things on the Kennel but tin foil hat is a first. Well done.

Fox says 57%. No shit. You could argue 3 sin binnable offences and nada. Yet Morrin was probably 50/50 bin yet off he goes.

The game being close is the same argument we were awesome against the titties. The other side was shit. If we didn't get rooted maybe 3 times by Sutton (10 mins each - happy to say we only get one) its probably a different game as all 3 were when we were on top.

More importantly, 42 to 18 and we never looked like scoring easily. Against, before this game, the worst defence in the NRL. No tin foil hat bro - our attack and in particular our halves, are shite. Is what it is.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So many people suggesting Taaffe at halfback.. Defensively he'd miss 10 tackles a game. He can't defend in the front line in FG..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also, even though Mahoney had some great plays last week, most of the game he was taking the wrong option and overdoing it play after play and holding onto the ball for too long.

He kills our attack by running around like a headless chook and giving the forwards no time on the ball. How the coaches don't pull him up on this and just get him to pass off the ground is beyond me.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy not too but i think the guy is a good footballer.. I think throwing Mann into the halves might be worth a try. Mann just everything once he comes on, might as well hand him the reins.
Right now, id be going getting hastings i think

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many people suggesting Taaffe at halfback.. Defensively he'd miss 10 tackles a game. He can't defend in the front line in FG..
Head knock central.

Throw Mann into the halves, surely he has ability to handle it.