OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was all Reed, Latrell didn’t even complain from what I saw. Dumbest play of the game
We all know there was nothing in it but do these guys of ours have their heads switched on. Take the ref out of it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For the forward pack mismatch we did quite well to contain them.

We handled them well until the gift penalty (contact late on the kicker - Mahoney on Loltrell). Then from that point onwards it was only Murray and Duncan who were getting quick play the balls.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We all know there was nothing in it but do these guys of ours have their heads switched on. Take the ref out of it.
If the assistant had any coach in him he would of told the boys don't give any ammo to that piece of shit ref.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hutch may as well play 13, he likes tacking likes taking hit ups and can be a link man in the middle

need a real 7 running the show
He thinks he's still playing for Rorters.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going back to the game though, i cant tell you how pissed off i am. Before i speak about the obvious refereeing decisions, I thought that was our poorest performance this year, the tries we conceded were soft and attack was so wasteful, simple knock ons at huge times. As ive mentioned above, hutchinson bombed 2 blatant tries. Why oh why did we play fox, now i love the fox but from run 1 i could see he didnt look fit and probably wasnt gonna finish rhe game, which he didnt and we then have a makeshift backline again, Ciro got that wrong, should have left him another week. I thought Kiraz got schooled today by Wighton, that 1 on 1 miss was so poor, after playing so well last week, i still do not believe hes a centre. Burton had good moments but needs to actually get involved alot more, ie break, 40/20, try etc key moments and he didnt get the ball, we had about 10 tackles on their line at one stage and he touched it once, thats not good enough he needs to be having it more than anyone each set. Whats the point in Knight?? Plays 15 mins, does nothing, comes back on, does nothing, waste of a shirt really.

Last edited:

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
57% possession. 42 to 18 in the opposition 20. Yet we scored one try in the 20 - from a fluke shank kick. Our attack is so bad its fckng ridiculous. We looked great in the last 20 of the first half when Reed and Mann straightened things up - from there a crab a thon. Souths were so shit - yet somehow win.

Now I also know the NRL are corrupt crew are in full swing. The Mann pull down was a flop from Mann and we were lucky we got a pen from it. Here are the things I do not understand.

Can anyone remember a game where u have 57% of possession but lose the penalty count 11-6? Morrin gets binned for the tackle, probably fair enough but Bitchell barrels someone out of play, knocks him out and its just... play on? Cannot script this stuff.

And btw - all you clowns who think Analsley is on point - he already said that Wighton didn't land on Prestons legs so no hip drop.

Tickets Please :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Possession was 54-46
We made more errors and that balanced off the penalties in our favour
Line breaks were 6-5 Souths
The game was close, we just needed to convert 1 more opportunity.
take the tin foil hat off

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We crying out for a strong voice. I can’t see it in this playing group. I feel all our eggs, pun intended- are with woods.
So true...

All we need is a stop gap for now... Once upon a time we would have had Hunt last year.

Surely we can use JAC as a bargaining chip... SURELY!

I'd settle for Chaddy friggin Townsend right now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Going back to the game though, i cant tell you how pissed off i am. Before i speak about the obvious refereeing decisions, I thought that was our poorest performance this year, the tries we conceded were soft and attack was so wasteful, simple knock ons at huge times. As ive mentioned above, hutchinson bombed 2 blatant tries. Why oh why did we play fox, now i love the fox but from run 1 i could see he didnt look fit and probably wasnt gonna finish rhe game, which he didnt and we then have a makeshift backline again, Ciro got that wrong, should have left him another week. I thought Kiraz got schooled today by Wighton, that 1 on 1 miss was so poor, after playing so well last week, i still do not believe hes a centre. Burton had good moments but needs to actually get involved alot more, ie break, 40/29, try wtc key moments and he didnt get the ball, we had about 10 tackles on their line at one stage and he touched it once, thats not good enough he needs to be having it more than anyone each set. Whats the point in Knight?? Plays 15 mins, does nothing, comes back on, does nothing, waste of a shirt really.
Why is Burto going in to dummy half as much as he does unless he is going for a scoot re Luai/Munster? But he isn't!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So true...

All we need is a stop gap for now... Once upon a time we would have had Hunt last year.

Surely we can use JAC as a bargaining chip... SURELY!

I'd settle for Chaddy Townsend right now.
Ben Hunt bottled it. Could've gone for a premiership in 2024. Instead he is linking up with Junior and Senior.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onto these ref calls, first one, how is milnes knock on enough to overturn it??? I watched taafe vs cronulla get given a knock on when there were 4 hands that could have touched the ball from sharks players and that wasnt overturned even though we couldnt see who had touched the ball?? Then mahoney apparently hits mitchell late, he barely touches him, they score off the back of that, seen James Graham blowing up over it, rubbish calls. Next, wighton hip drop on preston? Blatant hip drop, just because he doesnt break his leg, doesnt mean its not a hip drop? If you throw a punch and miss, its still a pen. Forget that preston was walking in for a try, so its a penalty try, nothing given. Next, taas holding down mann when we have broke? Clearest professional foul you ll ever seen, not given, I honestly couldnt believe my eyes, 2 mins before half, chance to score to make it 18-10 vs 12 men, nothing given, absolute disgrace. Next one, mitchell leading with the knees on fox? enough for fox to have a hia and miss the game and now next week? Nothing given, not even a pen. Shaq Mitchell on preston, i thought hes lead with his shoulder and made contact with the head but on this one, i can see why it hasnt been given. All these decisions however especially the wighton and taas one, clear game changers and on the back of them, we win that. As i said im not defending our performance, we had enough ball to win that, but its every week this, we ve not had a big call go our way for years, its a joke.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck we got some simpletons on here

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hutch may as well play 13, he likes tacking likes taking hit ups and can be a link man in the middle

need a real 7 running the show
I said that from day one... Then I changed my mind after I saw he wasn't the biggest bloke in the pack during pre season.

Now after 4 rounds you can see how suited he is in the middle...

Time to swap him up with Mann. I reckon Mann can do a better job at HB and Hutch can play Mann's role off the bench.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think we can beat the rorters next week if we play sexton in the halves
If Keary plays and Collins is still out we have the slimmest of chances. If Sandon Smith lines up in halves with Walker, we will get fucked.