Philosophy/ motivationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha I like that one about politis .. Sounds like a Greek philosopher too.

How did blokes living in ancient times know so much about human nature which still applies now??
Aristotle and Socrates are spot on
Haha I never thought about that.... but you're totally right... his name would fit right in... Socrates, Glaucon and Politis...all just shooting the shit! :p

Yeah I think while some ideals from the time are now outdated, a lot of the philosophical thought that came in that era was very insightful.... it's fascinating to trace human critical thought back so far!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I shouldn't Pigeon hole but I never took badbilly to like philoshy .

If I never saw a picture of hacky I'd take him for a philosopher but after seeing his pic I would never have thought..

Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
call me stupid, but I am a big Eminem fan, a lot of Eminem lyrics inspired me over the years

my favorites are

Dont pick up the ball if you dont wanna play.

You can do anything you set your mind to man.
My favourite song of his is mums spaghetti.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont agree with 'if you're the smartest person in the room you're in the wrong room'

i like being smarter than people ffs, like if i go to a NASA meeting i would feel like an idiot

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
i dont agree with 'if you're the smartest person in the room you're in the wrong room'

i like being smarter than people ffs, like if i go to a NASA meeting i would feel like an idiot
But that's how you learn, grasshopper.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried motivationals on the mrs
Its not going to suck itself

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A friend did the same thing. Except my other friend kept telling him to stop 'cause he looked like he was going to die. He kept pushing through. About halfway through the run we had to carry him to hospital. Fortunately it wasn't a heart attack but he was on the verge of having one.

Pushing yourself too hard isn't necessarily the best idea. Aim to beat those plateaus but do it safely.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
A wise man makes his own decisions; An ignorant man follows the public opinion
~ Chinese Proverb

Judging others doesn't define who they are; It defines who YOU are
~ Dr. Wayne Dyer

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A wise man makes his own decisions; An ignorant man follows the public opinion
~ Chinese Proverb

Judging others doesn't define who they are; It defines who YOU are
~ Dr. Wayne Dyer
Yep. It generally defines you as a Judge.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that Judge Judy isn't positive?
No, I'm suggesting the judge you are defined as isn't a positive one.

Everyone knows Judge Judy is an unbiased, common-sense straight shooter. We need more judges like her.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
‘So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.’ Christopher Reeve

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"So take it from me, you learn more from your accidents than anything that you could ever learn from school" - Billy Joel.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? " - Mark Renton

Status
Not open for further replies.