Philosophy/ motivationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
anybody else into this shit ?
I’ve got pages of crap I’ve written down over the years.
Post what inspires you;

You consider yourself to be only one thread of those which are in the tunic. Well then it was fitting for you to take care how you should be like the rest of men, just as the thread has no design to be anything superior to the other threads. But I wish to be purple, that small part which is bright, and makes all the rest appear graceful and beautiful. Why then do you tell me to make myself like the many? and if I do, how shall I still be purple?

Theres nothing to be admired more than someone planting trees, under who's shade the may never get to sit.

We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls, and looks like work.

If you're the smartest person in the room. Your in the wrong room.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
call me stupid, but I am a big Eminem fan, a lot of Eminem lyrics inspired me over the years

my favorites are

Dont pick up the ball if you dont wanna play.

You can do anything you set your mind to man.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't confuse my kindness for my weakness.

He who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves.

My favourite....

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't confuse my kindness for my weakness.

He who seeks revenge should remember to dig two graves.

My favourite....

What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
Haha.
Tony Montana the philosopher.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In a corrupt society only the strong survive, if you know its unjust you use it and never give in.
The only person who says you are beat is yourself.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
TANK's words of wisdom #264

"You have to eat the shit before you appreciate the honey"

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In a corrupt society only the strong survive, if you know its unjust you use it and never give in.
The only person who says you are beat is yourself.
Love it Bobby! More power to you brother.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my favourite quotes has always been Mark Twain's:

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear. Not absence of fear"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
call me stupid, but I am a big Eminem fan, a lot of Eminem lyrics inspired me over the years

my favorites are

Dont pick up the ball if you dont wanna play.

You can do anything you set your mind to man.
Mom's Spaghetti

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The roots of education are bitter but the fruit is sweet -aristotle

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take it easy and if it's easy, take it!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"There's no problem in life that can't be solved by a creative accountant." Nick Politis

*Satire, I don't think Politis actually ever said that.

I'm reading The Republic at the moment.... I don't have any quotes readily at hand, but it's really interesting... They had some interesting ideas in Ancient Greece... some which are conparible with our times and some which certainly would not be.... just goes to show some traditional ideas are good and some need to evolve as society does I guess!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
anybody else into this shit ?
I’ve got pages of crap I’ve written down over the years.
Post what inspires you;

You consider yourself to be only one thread of those which are in the tunic. Well then it was fitting for you to take care how you should be like the rest of men, just as the thread has no design to be anything superior to the other threads. But I wish to be purple, that small part which is bright, and makes all the rest appear graceful and beautiful. Why then do you tell me to make myself like the many? and if I do, how shall I still be purple?

Theres nothing to be admired more than someone planting trees, under who's shade the may never get to sit.

We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls, and looks like work.

If you're the smartest person in the room. Your in the wrong room.
I like the one about missed opportunities it's true
Most people create their own opportunities by working towards a goal .
If we wait for opportunity to knock we may be waiting forever

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"There's no problem in life that can't be solved by a creative accountant." Nick Politis

*Satire, I don't think Politis actually ever said that.

I'm reading The Republic at the moment.... I don't have any quotes readily at hand, but it's really interesting... They had some interesting ideas in Ancient Greece... some which are conparible with our times and some which certainly would not be.... just goes to show some traditional ideas are good and some need to evolve as society does I guess!
Haha I like that one about politis .. Sounds like a Greek philosopher too.

How did blokes living in ancient times know so much about human nature which still applies now??
Aristotle and Socrates are spot on

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"And a very attractive life they lead! For all their cures and medicines have no effect- except to make their ailments worse and more complicated- yet they live in health that every new medicine they are recommended will restore them to health." Plato

That's one that's not uplifting st all, but interesting and still relevant...

Mind you, Plato's solution was to just not treat people who succumb to lifestyle related conditions and to let them die ... the modern approach seems to be to perpetuate the cycle of dependence and profit from it... would be nice to find some middle ground between approaches! Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.