Philosophy/ motivationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everything happens for a reason. It's just that sometimes the reason is that, you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just bought The Art of War. I wonder how many tactics the Asians stole off the Assyrians, since we are the Masters of War and the Strength of God's Hand. ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just bought The Art of War. I wonder how many tactics the Asians stole off the Assyrians, since we are the Masters of War and the Strength of God's Hand. ;)
Great book. The really good thing about Sun Tzu was that he was willing to adopt strategies from other Generals and build on them. I don't think there was much Assyrian or Middle Eastern encroachment in China at the time so I doubt they had the chance to steal off each other. The Assyrian empire collapsed before Sun Tzu was born but I don't think the cultures met until hundreds of years after he was dead. Could be wrong though. There are some who believe that China ventured into Egypt around the time the Assyrian empire was at its peak.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Great book. The really good thing about Sun Tzu was that he was willing to adopt strategies from other Generals and build on them. I don't think there was much Assyrian or Middle Eastern encroachment in China at the time so I doubt they had the chance to steal off each other. The Assyrian empire collapsed before Sun Tzu was born but I don't think the cultures met until hundreds of years after he was dead. Could be wrong though. There are some who believe that China ventured into Egypt around the time the Assyrian empire was at its peak.
Always knew about the book, seeing I spend a lot of time at the hospital and doctors, I thought I'd read it for myself.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can catch flies with honey, but you catch more honeys being fly - Me (right now)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"When they crowd into the seats in the assembly or law courts or theatre, or get together in camp or any other popular meeting place, and, with a great deal of noise and a great lack of moderation, shout and clap their approval or disapproval of whatever is proposed or done, till the rocks and the whole place re-echo, and redouble the noise of their boos and applause. Can a young man's heart remain unmoved by all this? How can his individual training stand the strain? Won't he be swamped by the flood of popular praise and blame, and carried away with the stream till he finds himself agreeing with popular ideas of what is admirable or disgraceful, behaving like the crowd and becoming one of them?"

Plato.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Police lie to Doctors and say its all imaginary they pay double.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather die like a man than live like a coward.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"I'd rather let a thousand guilty men go free than chase after them" - Chief Wiggum

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"All Gave Some, Some Gave All " - Billy Ray Cyrus

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There are three types of people in this world: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs.

Some people prefer to believe that evil doesn't exist in the world, and if it ever darkened their doorstep, they wouldn't know how to protect themselves. Those are the sheep.

Then you've got predators who use violence to prey on the weak. They're the wolves.

And then there are those blessed with the gift of aggression, an overpowering need to protect the flock. These men are the rare breed who live to confront the wolf. They are the sheepdog.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"I'm so unlucky that if I fell into a barrel of boobs id come out sucking my thumb " - Various

Status
Not open for further replies.