Phil Gould says roster clean out coming to clean salary cap

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That rule needs to be changed, it ridiculous that the NRL forces clubs to spend 95% of their cap. They've basically forced the lesser teams into paying overs for shitter players and helped anchor them to the bottom of the ladder and then you have that fuckwit saying clubs should manage their rosters better LOL.
100% bro it forces clubs to overpay shit *****

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruh Gould wasn’t even interviewed. It’s the radio hosts opinion of what’s going to happen.

He also said it would be sad if we lost Eliot because he’s a good bloke.

I don’t think good blokes get Caught cheating on their wife who recently had a baby TWICE (who knows how many times he didn’t get caught).
For what it’s worth I don’t think his missus is with him anymore. Fairly certain she moved back to NT with there baby.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
100% bro it forces clubs to overpay shit *****
Let's player managers run the game also. They know what everyone's getting paid and how much $$$ clubs have in the cap and they milk them for every cent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bruh Gould wasn’t even interviewed. It’s the radio hosts opinion of what’s going to happen.

I don’t think good blokes get Caught cheating on their wife who recently had a baby TWICE (who knows how many times he didn’t get caught).
According to the meathead ex-players on Triple M, that's what makes a good bloke. Footy has a huge booze culture problem and comments like these just prove it.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very hard to believe someone could be that stupid if the latest story is correct. No doubt another club will take him on though.
Like you said is this story correct or just media blowing it out a little.
I‘m sure our club will fully investigate and follow guidelines but what a headache for him again.
I’d hate to be in his shoes tbh

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah all this seasons buys were rushed panic buys from Barrett and the Anderson’s. But then again we had to fill up the cap some way.[/

I agree they haven’t turned out to be great buys. But none of us were complaining when they were signed . Allen was an origin rep last year looked a good signing. Flanagan looked a good signing (still could be when we get some
Players around him) Hethrington looked a good pick up. Waddell was a depth signing but due to injuries has become a regular .

Coopdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’ve got a feeling Gus is having a crack at a huge signing for us. Someone like Paps, or even a Jerome Hughes

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Exactly..there is very little to fuckall substance to this speculation piece...

I have a bit of free time, anyone know what qualifications does one need to officially talk shit?

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve got a feeling Gus is having a crack at a huge signing for us. Someone like Paps, or even a Jerome Hughes
Papehuyzen is contracted till 2026 and Jarhome Hughes is until 2024 and no way they will leave Melbourne under Bellamy and what makes u think Gus wants a higher signing for us when our salary cap is fucked well not until bye 2023 and 2024 according to Gus that’s when he can start his junior development pathways and country pathways and other shit