Phil Gould says roster clean out coming to clean salary cap

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Someone list the important bits, i'm too lazy.
Basically Read said Thompson's going to stay for now but that could change. He said Jackson wouldn't be moved or go anywhere. He threw up Cotric, Allan and Elliott as other players. He said we're looking at our highest paid players and top 25 players to move on in general. It's more speculation/his opinion. Maybe he heard a players name here and there.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bruh Gould wasn’t even interviewed. It’s the radio hosts opinion of what’s going to happen.

He also said it would be sad if we lost Eliot because he’s a good bloke.

I don’t think good blokes get Caught cheating on their wife who recently had a baby TWICE (who knows how many times he didn’t get caught).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its Brent Read sugessting allen Elliot and Cotric are top of the list to go - cant complain about that s about 1.3 mil less whatever freight _ Canberra are in need of outside backs Cotric return?
Cant see anything but the sack for Elliot atm allen might be a challenge to find a club to take him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bruh Gould wasn’t even interviewed. It’s the radio hosts opinion of what’s going to happen.

I don’t think good blokes get Caught cheating on their wife who recently had a baby TWICE (who knows how many times he didn’t get caught).
Yeah and his wife feels stuck/"can't leave him" because she needs that income.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone list the important bits, i'm too lazy.
- Carnage os set to unfold with their roster
- there trying to hide the luke thompson rumour bye dening it
- some of the names mentioned that are leaving are cotric allen josh jackson elliot thompson and more
- roster cleanout

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score

apperantly one of the hosts were talking to gus and brang the news to us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Names Read mentioned to be shopped around are Elliot, Allan and Cotric. I Already stated this about a week ago but now has kinda been confirmed.
It's all kind of commonsense, players on overs who aren't offering near enough. We could have Naden on the wing and Averillo at centre on the same $$$ Cotric is on and we're probably no worse off. Allan is on like 350k next season? Lol. Just shambles..

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Names Read mentioned to be shopped around are Elliot, Allan and Cotric. I Already stated this about a week ago but now has kinda been confirmed.
Yh and josh jackson apperantly is over payed and thompson is most likely leaving and more players

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all kind of commonsense, players on overs who aren't offering near enough. We could have Naden on the wing and Averillo at centre on the same $$$ Cotric is on and we're probably no worse off. Allan is on like 350k next season? Lol. Just shambles..
Yeah all this seasons buys were rushed panic buys from Barrett and the Anderson’s. But then again we had to fill up the cap some way.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Elliott just fixed it. He’s gone for sure.

We have a lot off contract next year (rfm, Stimson, Vaughan, wakeham, dufty, hetho)

We are fine. This is us trying to build a better roster and fuck off some deadweight.

Elliott is gone surely. ***** a liability and a waste of cap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah all this seasons buys were rushed panic buys from Barrett and the Anderson’s. But then again we had to fill up the cap some way.
That rule needs to be changed, it ridiculous that the NRL forces clubs to spend 95% of their cap. They've basically forced the lesser teams into paying overs for shitter players and helped anchor them to the bottom of the ladder and then you have that fuckwit saying clubs should manage their rosters better LOL.