Rumour Pearce to the dogs

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan is on average of 300k a season.
Pearce wants back in Sydney and reportedly Newcastle want him out and likely to pay some of his contract.
The way I look at it, even if we have to pay some of Flanagan's it could be offset by what Newcastle pays for Pearce.
I have recently found out that Pearce's contract was reduced from 900k to 600k a season.
A little bit of Gould magic could do wonders :grinning:
Not sure how else to explain this to you, but Newcastle don’t want to be rid of Pearce because he is their key playmaker in the halves. Even if they did want to lose him, some other club would pay his full contract without them having to contribute anything. I’ve said it enough times though, if anyone wants to kid themselves that Pearce is going anywhere before 2023 then that’s up to them.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how else to explain this to you, but Newcastle don’t want to be rid of Pearce because he is their key playmaker in the halves. Even if they did want to lose him, some other club would pay his full contract without them having to contribute anything. I’ve said it enough times though, if anyone wants to kid themselves that Pearce is going anywhere before 2023 then that’s up to them.
Time will tell which rumour is accurate.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nope, they want Ponga at 6 and Clifford at 7.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nope, they want Ponga at 6 and Clifford at 7.
Nope, Ponga at 1 and Clifford at 6, as they’ve been doing since Clifford got there and other than the 3 games Ponga had at 1 a few years back.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whats the chances he leaves my favourite overall team to my favourite English team, Arsenal?

Slim to fuck all, or just fuck all?
About the same chance as him coming to the greatest football team in the world - Liverpool. Sweet fuck all

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Pearce. From what we’ve seen this season experience will do us well. BBO and Burton can learn of this guy on how to control games get repeat sets when and when not to take the line on etc. just pretty much the roles of a halfback. Then in couple years when he’s moved on BBO will be ready to take the reigns with Burton and be our future. Has to be done. Averillo can find himself maybe at centre or fullback. But either way he needs to hit the roofs and bulk up big time.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton is a special talent, I don’t think he needs anyone teaching him anything but I do think having an experienced half next to him takes some pressure off him and gives the team some added direction. I’m all for it, would take Pearce or Benji in a heart beat. Experience is undervalued in the NRL.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is a special talent, I don’t think he needs anyone teaching him anything but I do think having an experienced half next to him takes some pressure off him and gives the team some added direction. I’m all for it, would take Pearce or Benji in a heart beat. Experience is undervalued in the NRL.
Fuck me I’ll even take Sam Williams at this rate. Fuck it whats Jarrod Mullen doing these days ??