Rumour Pearce to the dogs

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned it a couple weeks back on threads but it’s making the rounds now. Enquires have been made about Pearce and seeing if we could get him to the club as early as 2022. Just saying what I have heard. Don’t shoot the messenger. Watch this space..

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
THE Bulldogs are the latest club considering making a play for experienced Newcastle halfback Mitchell Pearce as part of the Belmore rebuild.

Canterbury-Bankstown power brokers and major sponsor the Laundy family have received a phone call from a third party reminding them of Pearce’s availability as of November 1.

Pearce is currently contracted with the Newcastle Knights until the end of next year but with plans to move Kalyn Ponga into the five-eighth role and Jake Clifford to play halfback the Bulldogs are looking at Pearce as a live option.

In addition to Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Dufty, Tevita Pangai and Paul Vaughan it makes for a cracking Canterbury-Bankstown roster.

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
DOGS’ SHOCK PLAY FOR PEARCE

THE Bulldogs are the latest club considering making a play for experienced Newcastle halfback Mitchell Pearce as part of the Belmore rebuild.

Canterbury-Bankstown power brokers and major sponsor the Laundy family have received a phone call from a third party reminding them of Pearce’s availability as of November 1.

Pearce is currently contracted with the Newcastle Knights until the end of next year but with plans to move Kalyn Ponga into the five-eighth role and Jake Clifford to play halfback the Bulldogs are looking at Pearce as a live option.

In addition to Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Matt Dufty, Tevita Pangai and Paul Vaughan it makes for a cracking Canterbury-Bankstown roster.

SOURCE:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put aside Mitchell's fetish for our four legged friends and sexting, having him here to play along side Burton would be a good move IMO. Peace would certainly control the side and leave Burton to play his natural running game.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put aside Mitchell's fetish for our four legged friends and sexting, having him here to play along side Burton would be a good move IMO.
Sure would I believe would make us Smokey’s for top 4

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely not, well not a 900k, 400 maybe and thats a big maybe...
I don’t get this. Sure, I wouldn’t pay him $900k either, but Pearce is a quality half with huge experience. The dogs would be greatly improved with him at the helm. If he is available and we have Cap space, he is definitely worth investigations.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on the $

The injury run is a concern, but I like it for 2-3 years