Rumour Pearce to the dogs

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks but no thanks. Seems from outside a bad influence and he will stop junior growth. If looking for a half why not BBO? To partner Burton!
We have back up with Avo or Wakhem. Or who knows comming through mountys
In my opinion he’s not what we need at this time. Plus he’s getting a lot injury with age. Means tying up our ability to sign juniors comming through or forwards ie a hooker.
If smart leave 4 spots open. Gives us salary cap space for pop up players not expected and needed. Also enables us to sign some our juniors tgat make the step up not expected ie BBO at this tome
If we did that then we need Smith or Hodgson 100% next year

Reactions: ATT

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depending on the price and if we could offload Flanno or Wakeham,or both in a perfect world. But you wouldn't pay more than 450-500k. No longer than a 2 year deal

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the price and if we could offload Flanno or Wakeham,or both in a perfect world. But you wouldn't pay more than 450-500k. No longer than a 2 year deal
The only way I would accept anything like $450k is if it was a straight swap with Flanagan. He is on about that amount so it wouldn’t change our cap position. Even at 45 or however old he is? He is a much better option than Flanagan.

He would add the senior organising player we lack. If it was as a straight signing $200k max and they need to offload someone like Wakeham.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way I would accept anything like $450k is if it was a straight swap with Flanagan. He is on about that amount so it wouldn’t change our cap position. Even at 45 or however old he is? He is a much better option than Flanagan.

He would add the senior organising player we lack. If it was as a straight signing $200k max and they need to offload someone like Wakeham.
I doubt we will be lucky enough to move Wakeham or Flanno on anyway, so its highly unlikely. Pearces leadership and experience would be great though

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Doubt hel sign. I’d go after Sezer could get him cheap too

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand why everyone wants an experienced half but I would much rather just go with Burton and BBO... let them grow together and develop an understanding of each other's strengths and weaknesses. I think we'll be quite surprised with what they can accomplish.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we sign Pearce and Cheese, masterstroke by the Club brokers, f### it’s all happening!

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d love Pearce and burton in the halves bbo 9 and jac at fullback, dufty as a option and for depth bbo learning from Pearce Allan and cotric on the wings and naden and schoupp in the centre’s with Monti learning from them, could be good, I watch Foran finally injury free in a team that makes sense and he’s killing it, Mitch could help us a lot, then bbo to the halves and cheese 2023, for some reason I don’t see him with us, but if so 23…..

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we get Pearce for two years he can mentor BBO and Burton. Then BBO would be ready by the time he leaves and upgrade Burton with Pearce’s salary.