News Pay on the lookout for more recruits

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think now that we have spent the money and time on fixing him we should see if we can get any value out of him. Fix him up and send him to Des at a cut rate price sounds really stupid to me....especially if he somehow does find something in 2019 we are going to look very stupid indeed! We've already thrown the dice on him we may aswell see what we rolled.
I agree with some of what u say,,, I wouldn’t give him to Hasler unless we get well and truly compensated, the ball should be in our court for Foran let Hasler grovel to us and pay. we have wasted a lot on Money especially the last few years. That’s why the bench for me is the go if he does well then it’s a plus if not then we have the other guy who ever it maybe to continue with Lewis dosent upset the team. I am sure his manager will be working to get him to Manly they give me the shits how they operate.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree with some of what u say,,, I wouldn’t give him to Hasler unless we get well and truly compensated, the ball should be in our court for Foran let Hasler grovel to us and pay. we have wasted a lot on Money especially the last few years. That’s why the bench for me is the go if he does well then it’s a plus if not then we have the other guy who ever it maybe to continue with Lewis dosent upset the team. I am sure his manager will be working to get him to Manly they give me the shits how they operate.
Considering Manly don't have the money it shouldn't even be a conversation....unless we get a total worth in a swap ie. Angry ant, Tapau and another player roughly equalling what Des gave Foran in contract value to be at the dogs. Not a cent or value less.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think people realise, we don’t actually have to pay any freight for Foran. We’ve got the upper hand. Hasler paid overs to get him to our club because he feels that he is the only half who can execute his game plan. Hasler did anything he could to get him to the bulldogs on that premis, he will do anything again to get him to Manly on that exact same premis. We’ve got him over a barrel not the other way around.

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing the Saifiti twins would be like that time we let a player go to the roosters (can't remember who) and we ended up with a reserve grader that was going to be the next SBW or Arthur Beetson who played a handful of games.
Mason for Danny Williams

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walker and Tapau for Foran.

Wouldn't spend Klemmer $ straight away. See which top line players are available later in the year especially if we get Tapau there's no need to spend just for the sake of it.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I have to agree with you Bull terrier......If Manly genuinely want Foran, then they should take him on and compensate our club for the costs of treatment, training and looking after him (and there was a lot of that). We should not be required to contribute to his salary. Don't release him....let him ask for a release which then voids his contract. If he does not seek a release then we are stuck with him for the next year, but we have to stop this entire process of continuing to play players salaries AFTER they have left the club. Enough is enough.... As for Klemmer, according to NRL rules (if they count for anything) he cannot be approached at least until November 2019. Someone....the media, his manager or Newcastle (even if thru a 3rd party) has breeched the rules.....Where are you gonads NRL....a time to stand up for your own rules....excommunicate the media, manager or the club.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Signing the Saifiti twins would be like that time we let a player go to the roosters (can't remember who) and we ended up with a reserve grader that was going to be the next SBW or Arthur Beetson who played a handful of games.
I think it was when we released mason and got Danny Williams in return

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate is the board even thinks of paying a dollar of Kieran's contract the board can have an early retirement
The board would never and has never said they would do that, its only people on nere and media trying to hype up hysteria

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need clarity, I need some signings, I need to have hope for next season. This has been the most depressive offseason ever. Nothing at all positive has happened to give us fans any sense of excitement for 2019. It’s been just plain shit. Fuck me throw a dog a bone ffs. Give us something
1st of November coming very soon, is that enough for you.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Their is nothing about our club that is attractive to any good player.

Lynne Anderson doesnt do TPAs.

The coach is rookie.

The squad lacks star players and the club has released several good players mid contract

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

The coach is rookie.

The squad lacks star players and the club has released several good players mid contract

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but if we lose Klemmer we should just save our cash. Imagine if the sharks cop heavy punishments for cap breaches and have to release a player or two due to copping a similar punishment to manly.
Moylon, Townsend and Flanagan can't all fit in the same side if Holmes is there or Barba replaces him... I would take anyone of them, preferably Moylon to play fullback, but Townsend is pretty underrated aswell and would complement Lewis well imo. We need to be patient and get the right players come 2020/21

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The coach is rookie.

We’re only going to continue to fall from grace without TPA’s. Every club in the NRL does them. It’s a massive part of the game. Lynne will ruin this place.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay has been on the lookout for a while.

Maybe noone really wants to come here.