News Pay on the lookout for more recruits

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods and Mbye were moved along due to salary cap constraints, which was the right call

Eastwood was not re-signed as there is Ogden & Renouf coming through which is fair enough

Both Morris boys were not re-signed and who is actually replacing them? Crighton, Hoppa, Montoya? Surely the Morris boys could of been re-signed for a couple of years as it was quite evident that nothing good was available in the backs for the next couple of years?

I get the point of view in regards to all the players who were either moved along or not re-signed, but i cannot get my head around the Morris boys not being re-signed or replaced by suitable players

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Woods and Mbye were moved along due to salary cap constraints, which was the right call

Eastwood was not re-signed as there is Ogden & Renouf coming through which is fair enough

Both Morris boys were not re-signed and who is actually replacing them? Crighton, Hoppa, Montoya? Surely the Morris boys could of been re-signed for a couple of years as it was quite evident that nothing good was available in the backs for the next couple of years?

I get the point of view in regards to all the players who were either moved along or not re-signed, but i cannot get my head around the Morris boys not being re-signed or replaced by suitable players
If we dont pick up suitable replacements to fill the void left by the moz twins, both sides of our defense will leak points next year ! I hope we add 1-2 experienced or up and coming backs to our backline before we kick off season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought they were stacked for backs?
Probably for centre. Not a done deal or anything but if Parra and him can't come to terms then the Tigers are likely. This was the topic of discussion when i was at my barber the other day, they get a lot of the parra boys in and other players and a lot of the boys have big mouths lol.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we dont pick up suitable replacements to fill the void left by the moz twins, both sides of our defense will leak points next year ! I hope we add 1-2 experienced or up and coming backs to our backline before we kick off season.
like who though?? going by past experiences we'd get a couple of 29yr old's that have 2 NRL games to their names between them

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The club attempted to re-sign Josh Morris, they did only offer him a 12 month extension though. I guess he thought he had at least a few more years playing at the same level. As far as I know Brett wasn't offered a contract, i guess they felt Salary cap wise they would be only able to sign one of them and thought Josh would be the bigger loss and has been with the club the longest too. If they re-signed Brett but Josh left I would be pretty dirty.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to know how this “we don’t do TPA’s” came from.

Not true. We do TPA’s
I’m just going off what I’ve read, don’t know where I read it...maybe on here.

I hope we do TPA’s...they’re a must in this business.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably for centre. Not a done deal or anything but if Parra and him can't come to terms then the Tigers are likely. This was the topic of discussion when i was at my barber the other day, they get a lot of the parra boys in and other players and a lot of the boys have big mouths lol.
They've got Marsters and Momoirovski in the centres. Nofoaluma and Thompson on the wings, and Mbye at fullback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They've got Marsters and Momoirovski in the centres. Nofoaluma and Thompson on the wings, and Mbye at fullback.
A fit and firing Hayne is better than all of them so they might takw the risk.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re only going to continue to fall from grace without TPA’s. Every club in the NRL does them. It’s a massive part of the game. Lynne will ruin this place.
The Club does not do TPA's. They are not allowed to do them. They must be done by third parties. The players will still be getting TPA's.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
No more stop gap players ffs. Save Klemmers cash and release Foran, and wait til we find someone to partner lewis or strengthen the spine. Tbh if we're low in the pecking order for attracting players to the club, then we're gonna need the money to lure them somehow.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No more stop gap players ffs. Save Klemmers cash and release Foran, and wait til we find someone to partner lewis or strengthen the spine. Tbh if we're low in the pecking order for attracting players to the club, then we're gonna need the money to lure them somehow.
Release Foran? Firstly we can’t do that as he has a contract, both parties need to agree and he’s hardly likely to unless there’s a viable alternative for him. Similar to the Klemmer situation, we shouldn’t release him unless there’s a viable alternative for us.

Go Dogs

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We’re only going to continue to fall from grace without TPA’s. Every club in the NRL does them. It’s a massive part of the game. Lynne will ruin this place.
Why isnt Lynne doing TPAs?

It is a major disadvantage.

The game has changed. Money is everything.

Maybe she doesnt have the contacts to organise TPAs?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The clubs are not allowed to do TPA's. Rules dont allow it. They must remain at "arms length" from any TPA negotiation.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Its hearsay id say fake news doubt theyd be that silly

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t see Madge and Hayne getting along.